03-20-07, 07:58 PM   #1
phaze112
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
SCT_event_config (lua questions)

in SCT_event_config.lua,

I have been trying to add my own custom events. Events not only for myself but events on my enemy or even friendly players.

The 'search' field is where my confusion lies. At the top he describes it and says, "You can now use normal LUA expressions to capture data." I am not totally sure what that means, but let me try and explain what I am trying to accomplish here.

I want to be able to detect when an enemy or even an arena team member gets a certain type of debuff. I can easliy detect my debuffs and such by searching for "you are afflicted by...". I can also set the same for an arena team member. But i do'nt see how i can detect if an enemy gains a debuff.

Could i put in the search field something like "%t casts Dispel Magic on %t" ?
Right now I have it triggered to know if someone casts it on me as "casts Dispel Magic on you" which works out great!

But i guess I'm just really unsure about what he meant by "lua expressions" and if there are some that can help me accomplish my goals. I see he uses (.+), but I am unsure what that means when he uses it.

Thank you all for your help.

Travis
03-20-07, 08:41 PM   #2
robthedude
Don't Panic

I've fiddled with the event config file lots, and I've still no idea what the (.+) means, but throwing it in to denote a variable seems to work, have you tried

[13] = {name="*1 got Dispelled!", argcount=1, search="casts Dispel Magic on (.+)", (colours, sounds, classes etc)

also, you need to include the event that fires in the thingy at the bottom

something like CHAT_MSG_SPELL_HOSTILEPLAYER_DAMAGE
or CHAT_MSG_SPELL_HOSTILEPLAYER_VS_PARTY_DAMAGE

towards the bottom are all the events, and a thingy that can be changed to TRUE which will show all the events being fired in the chat windows and combat window

anyways, I'm attatching my EVENT_CONFIG file that includes my fiddlings, just change the extention to .lua if you want to use it

Last edited by robthedude : 03-01-08 at 04:08 AM.
07-03-07, 10:59 AM   #3
streckgubbe
A Kobold Labourer
I was wondering how you would go about to add some additional fonts into sct.
I myself don't know anything about it what so ever, but I know some people who have added other fonts than the original ones, but I have no clue at all how to do this.
Would really appreciate if someone could tell me how to go about to do it

Thanks in advance!
07-03-07, 11:02 AM   #4
secutanudu
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
.+ looks like a regular expression to me...

the dot . is a wildcard, means search for any character
the plus + means to search for any number of dots (where dot represents anything at all
07-03-07, 11:08 AM   #5
Kaomie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by secutanudu
the plus + means to search for any number of dots (where dot represents anything at all
Actually one or more, not any (including zero) which would be a *
07-03-07, 02:01 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by streckgubbe
I was wondering how you would go about to add some additional fonts into sct.
I myself don't know anything about it what so ever, but I know some people who have added other fonts than the original ones, but I have no clue at all how to do this.
Would really appreciate if someone could tell me how to go about to do it

Thanks in advance!
SCT now pulls fonts that are registered with SharedMediaLib. Download SharedMedia if you do not have it already and there are a couple extra fonts in there or there is a file called "INSTRUCTIONS for MyMedia.txt" which will tell you how to use your own custom fonts, etc. ClearFont2 and its fontpack also registers fonts with SharedMediaLib, which means you can select from those in sct, too.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » SCT_event_config (lua questions)