09-23-13, 12:18 PM   #1
Voxxel
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Exclamation DBM auto-updater fails to update?

Hey there,

I downloaded the Deadly Boss Mods auto-updater from www.deadlybossmods.com (the EJ forward) but I noticed that it doesn't really auto-update to the latest Alpha (I checked-in alpha versions) anytime I'm doing raiding. To be honest it doesn't even update by updating manually with the updater.

Also I don't understand why the latest versions are different between the EJ site and the Curseforge site.

For example, I logged in, got invited to the raid, and DBM warned us that I am behind at least 50 updates. So I logged out, ran the updater but nothing has been updated, it says all modules are the latest alpha.

Versions:
5.4.2.10327 -- I have this now
5.4.2.10377 -- This is the latest version in my raid (checked by using "/dbm ver" cmd)

5.4.1.10379 -- listed on EJ site as newest alpha
5.4.1-56-g5518db7 -- listed on Curseforge as newest alpha
09-23-13, 12:36 PM   #2
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
I think you'll most likely have to take that up with the developers of the auto-updater.
09-23-13, 02:03 PM   #3
MysticalOS
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The revision listed on curse will be diff cause it's git (file name wise). however change log will say what revision it is. 5.4.1-56-g5518db7 == 5.4.1.10377
http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/dea...1-56-g5518db7/

Normally the curseforge one and EJ one match, although the packager on curse has been in and out the last few days do to server migration so at moment of this post, the curseforge version is actually two behind our own hosting.

Also, if you use both curse client AND our updater, curse client won't recognize what version you have installed and think it's out of date even when it isn't since the file archive doesn't match. If you use curse client you really probably don't want/need to use our updater. Our updater is more so for users who don't use curse client to manage their mod (especially mac users whom curse has abandoned). This actually works both ways. IF you have latest installed but it was installed off curse, our updater won't know that and "update" it anyways.

Last edited by MysticalOS : 09-23-13 at 02:06 PM.
09-23-13, 03:31 PM   #4
Voxxel
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
I never used and will not use Curse updater at all. I prefer the manual way
However since DBM comes up with new alpha builds in every 3 hours or so, I decided to take a look on your updater software.

So my question is as before: When 3 guys in the raid have newer alpha version than mine (versions above) why the updater can't update my DBM to their (newest) version? How do I or what can I do to persuade the updater to update my 5.4.2.10327 to 5.4.2.10377 ?

Last edited by Voxxel : 09-23-13 at 05:09 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » DBM auto-updater fails to update?