09-04-10, 07:59 PM   #1
Brillynt
A Black Drake

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Cataclysm Beta Attempt to use nUI 5

So I was trying to see if I could get nUI_5.06.30_Plus working just so I could have a ui that was something I was used too.

After fixing all of the event function declarations to have self, event, arg1, arg2, arg3, arg4, arg5. Also replaced GetSpellName with GetSpellInfo.

Here is what I am seeing. Looks like nUI is OK except for Unit Frames, Mini Map and original Blizzard action bars are still visible.

This is with receiving no errors after fixing what was listed above.

So Scott have any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_090410_215027.jpg
Views:	1222
Size:	353.4 KB
ID:	4797  

09-04-10, 08:50 PM   #2
DesertDwarf
Largely Short

Premium Member
If I may be so bold, I'd much, much, much rather have Scott continue working on nUI6 and its compatibility with Cataclysm than spend the time needed to track down issues with nUI5's Cataclysm issues.

09-04-10, 09:27 PM   #3
Brillynt
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by DesertDwarf View Post
If I may be so bold, I'd much, much, much rather have Scott continue working on nUI6 and its compatibility with Cataclysm than spend the time needed to track down issues with nUI5's Cataclysm issues.
Oh I wasn't trying to get Scott to make it catacylsm ready I was just wondering if he had a direction I might pursue to resolve this myself.

09-04-10, 10:01 PM   #4
WOWVern
A Cyclonian
Wait for it. Scott will get to this soon. Wait for it.

09-05-10, 05:43 AM   #5
spiel2001
nUI's Author

It does look like an incomplete load... I'm not sure why to be honest. I'd have to look into it and, as DesertDwarf pointed out, I'm not planning on supporting nUI5 in Cataclysm, so it would be a lot of effort for minimal gain.

I've been having to work this weekend, so I haven't been able to work on the nUI6 version of Cataclysm yet. If I can get that done tonight or tomorrow, you should be able to use that in lieu of nUI5 and then at least be close.

So, if you can, hang in there for a day or two and you should be all set (or closer anyway)

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

09-05-10, 07:13 AM   #6
Brillynt
A Black Drake

Scott,

Thanks I did not realize that nUI 6 was close enough to start using in the beta.

09-05-10, 11:01 AM   #7
cannadrys
A Murloc Raider
Apparently GetSpellTexture was renamed to GetSpellBookItemTexture.

I don't use the addon, but maybe that's the cause?

/guess ?

09-14-10, 03:42 PM   #8
Djinn.Crimsora
An Aku'mai Servant
PTR for 4.0.1 & nUI

Hey Scott-

You'll actually want to have 6.0 ready for when 4.0.1 launches, as I'm seeing the exact same thing as posted in that screenshot on the PTR servers (since I don't have a beta account I got into this latest PTR build).

In fact, almost all my addons aside from Recount and Atlasloot are going to be effed over when 4.0.1 launches, with tentative estimates putting that release date in the next 1-4 weeks, depending on how long it takes the Dev Team to get the errors fixed on the PTR.

09-15-10, 12:09 PM   #9
Wasgij
A Cliff Giant

The new Parch coming is the preload for Cat so yeah all add ons broke in cat will be in this patch ....

Go to the Cat download page here and those add-ons will work on the PTR...

09-15-10, 07:38 PM   #10
break19
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
It does look like an incomplete load... I'm not sure why to be honest. I'd have to look into it and, as DesertDwarf pointed out, I'm not planning on supporting nUI5 in Cataclysm, so it would be a lot of effort for minimal gain.

I've been having to work this weekend, so I haven't been able to work on the nUI6 version of Cataclysm yet. If I can get that done tonight or tomorrow, you should be able to use that in lieu of nUI5 and then at least be close.

So, if you can, hang in there for a day or two and you should be all set (or closer anyway)
Great Scott!

No.. seriously.. great!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Customization » nUI: Developer Chat » Cataclysm Beta Attempt to use nUI 5