11-05-14, 03:20 PM   #1
RandomGuy
A Defias Bandit
2 Questions regarding Chat Addon and Loot Window

Hello everyone,

So i have 2 questions regarding this interface. The first question is about the Chat.
This confuses me quite a bit. On 2-3 Chars i have two Chat windows in the bottom left and in the bottom
right. But on the other characters its perfectly fine and there is only one windows on the left. I've had this with chatter already and with the new update.

So how can I set up like it is on the other characters with only one window?

My second question is how can I get the /Loot window to show up automatically? Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.
11-05-14, 03:28 PM   #2
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Chat Windows settings are saved on Blizzard's servers. If you want to remove a chat window, right-clicking the tab of that chat window should provide you with the options needed, or you could drag that chat tab onto the left chat frame.

Not sure on the /Loot window.
11-06-14, 06:27 AM   #3
geekyadam
A Black Drake

To copy chat window settings between characters, copy this file:
...World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\[your account]\[realm]\[character]\chat-cache.txt
Copy it to the same directory of other characters you want to have the same chat windows.

As for the /loot window, go to the system menu > Interface > Controls > Auto Open Loot Rolls Window
11-06-14, 07:09 AM   #4
Triksterism
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by geekyadam View Post
To copy chat window settings between characters, copy this file:
...World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\[your account]\[realm]\[character]\chat-cache.txt
Copy it to the same directory of other characters you want to have the same chat windows.

As for the /loot window, go to the system menu > Interface > Controls > Auto Open Loot Rolls Window
I used to use this method but it no longer seems to work. I've exited the game, cleared all cache, *.old, *.bak and such files out of my WTF folder. I then went to my main's folder, copied everything but my macro file, pasted them into my other character folders. After this one or two of my alts have dual chat windows. The rest do not, no matter what. I even tried making the files read only to no avail.

Something goofed up since 6.0. Prior to this all I had to do was a simple copy/paste of the aforementioned files.
11-06-14, 11:42 AM   #5
Maddoxx
A Cyclonian
is it possible to set chat font monochromeoutline instead of outline?
11-06-14, 12:36 PM   #6
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Hmm, was thinking of adding a Monochrome option in next update.
11-06-14, 01:25 PM   #7
Maddoxx
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
Hmm, was thinking of adding a Monochrome option in next update.
nice waiting for it
11-06-14, 06:17 PM   #8
geekyadam
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by Triksterism View Post
I used to use this method but it no longer seems to work. I've exited the game, cleared all cache, *.old, *.bak and such files out of my WTF folder. I then went to my main's folder, copied everything but my macro file, pasted them into my other character folders. After this one or two of my alts have dual chat windows. The rest do not, no matter what. I even tried making the files read only to no avail.

Something goofed up since 6.0. Prior to this all I had to do was a simple copy/paste of the aforementioned files.
That's weird, it still works fine for me.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » 2 Questions regarding Chat Addon and Loot Window