12-19-08, 07:35 AM   #1
Starchild
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Carbonite Problem

I put this in a new thread because I figured out with AddOn was the problem.

Carbonite is the problem. 2 days ago, when I accepted a quest, Carbonite put a colored quest area on my main map. Now there is nothing. I checked the Carbonite menu, and I have the watch quests option chcked... any ideas what I am doing wrong? I liked that feature so much, it is killing me that it is not working!!

Thanks again

-Star

Last edited by Starchild : 12-19-08 at 08:48 AM.

12-19-08, 09:13 AM   #2
tinyu
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
have you tried abandoning the quest and accepting it again?

12-19-08, 10:30 AM   #3
Jaehend
A Murloc Raider
If you are using Carbonite there are 3 small buttons (used to only be 2) Green, Yellow and a Pinkish one atop your quest tracker part of the addon. The first one overlays on your map for all quests in your quest log. Second one is for the closest quest and is also responsible for the neat little arrow that tells you which direction to travel in relation to said closest quest. The new third one has to do with quest givers and is really not related to your question. I personally use Carbonite Quest (free version) and have found that whenever I log out and log back in the second one has been deactivated and occasionally the first one as well. Try clicking on the first two color dots at the top of your quest tracker, if deactivated the color will be plain and small, if activated it becomes semi neon and slightly larger. Hope this helps.

Also, check in the options settings of Carbonite and under the map subsection and make sure you have Open Carbonite Map instead of Normal selected (first option in that tab).

12-19-08, 11:15 AM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Open your main options window.
On the left side click on Quest.
Under the heading "Quest Map Options" be sure that you have a tick in the box for "Always show watched quest areas on map".

That will bring back the colored quest areas on your map.

12-19-08, 09:40 PM   #5
Starchild
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Jaehend View Post
If you are using Carbonite there are 3 small buttons (used to only be 2) Green, Yellow and a Pinkish one atop your quest tracker part of the addon. The first one overlays on your map for all quests in your quest log. Second one is for the closest quest and is also responsible for the neat little arrow that tells you which direction to travel in relation to said closest quest. The new third one has to do with quest givers and is really not related to your question. I personally use Carbonite Quest (free version) and have found that whenever I log out and log back in the second one has been deactivated and occasionally the first one as well. Try clicking on the first two color dots at the top of your quest tracker, if deactivated the color will be plain and small, if activated it becomes semi neon and slightly larger. Hope this helps.

Also, check in the options settings of Carbonite and under the map subsection and make sure you have Open Carbonite Map instead of Normal selected (first option in that tab).

THANKS!!! This worked perfectly. I never had it turn off before. Thanks again.

-Star

07-20-09, 07:03 PM   #6
Arch Stanton
A Kobold Labourer
Thumbs up Tahnks

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

I was going nuts until I read this

Thanks again.

Arch

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite Problem