03-25-08, 08:33 PM   #41
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
gettin my two sense in

Well, heres the issues ive come across. The whole Omen thing, fixed easy with downloading ace3.0 from WAU.

The issue with the nameplayer such and such pertains to the furbar namefu addon as well. No biggy i just disabled it.

Im not sure exactly what your all saying to do with the Mazzle.lua and changing those lines.... ill figure that out later all my chars are mazzified as is so im not concerned about having to mazzify yet.

WitchHunt. This addon has MAJOR issues 1300 errors in two minutes. I havnt seen anyone post anything about this, was that addon replaced somewhere along the line with something else? My version of mazzle is a carefully patched together version. i didnt download the core and then get the addon compilation im using the addons originally packed with old mazzle. So should i be replacing witchhunt with something else at this point? if so whats a good one?

Other then witchhunt which i turned off, combat log being blank, namefu being turned off and im just guessing, since i have yet to make those code changes, the mazzifier not working im bug free!!! WOOHOOO

<starts to sing> there aint no bugs on me! there aint no bugs on me! there may be bugs on some of you mugs but there aint no bugs on me!
03-25-08, 08:53 PM   #42
Crenthius_UB
A Fallenroot Satyr
Im having an issue where the chronographer and antagonist bars are all stacked together in the center of the screen, any ideas?
03-25-08, 08:56 PM   #43
taeylor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
My Bugs:

* Unable to Mazzify, I cannot type it or use it from the Mazzle Options menu.
* Unable to see my combat text in the right side window, it goes to my private chat as well.
* Unable to initiate /commands after I typed in the SetCVar codes. I can type in guild chat and say but I have to just hit enter and then type. I am not allowed to type something like /giggle as it wont let me hit enter to finish the command.
* I seem to have lost my window that showed all of my armor on the right side. I've no idea where it went but it up and disappeared. I reset all of my windows and it never returned.
* My Tooltips are now showing in my bottom right hand of my screen and wont move for any reason. I don't know what I did to cause that, but I liked having them where my mouse cursor was.

Everything else is working alright for now.

Some problems on some of the LATEST updates for Mazzle ADDONS I have noticed:

Bongo's 3 did not seem to like Mazzle when I installed it. While there didn't appear to be any apparent bugs via Bugsack, there was simply no way to drag the action bars to make a new one. I had a very hard time customizing this and went back to the old Bongo's.

Lightheaded is not showing the text from WoWhead like it used to. I am not sure if this is a bug with Mazzle or with Lighthead. I updated Lighthead to the latest version.
03-25-08, 09:04 PM   #44
Nighrunner
A Cyclonian

Please can you post this two lua files in a rar or something?

I'm getting blind looking for this codes and I don't Know what to replace.
03-25-08, 09:52 PM   #45
Sitey
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Nighrunner View Post
Please can you post this two lua files in a rar or something?

I'm getting blind looking for this codes and I don't Know what to replace.
SetCVar("UnitNamePlayer","1" or "0")

Look for rather

SetCVar("UnitNamePlayer", "1")
or
SetCVar("UnitNamePlayer", "0")
03-25-08, 10:48 PM   #46
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by taeylor View Post
My Bugs:

* Unable to Mazzify, I cannot type it or use it from the Mazzle Options menu.
* Unable to see my combat text in the right side window, it goes to my private chat as well.
* Unable to initiate /commands after I typed in the SetCVar codes. I can type in guild chat and say but I have to just hit enter and then type. I am not allowed to type something like /giggle as it wont let me hit enter to finish the command.
* I seem to have lost my window that showed all of my armor on the right side. I've no idea where it went but it up and disappeared. I reset all of my windows and it never returned.
* My Tooltips are now showing in my bottom right hand of my screen and wont move for any reason. I don't know what I did to cause that, but I liked having them where my mouse cursor was.

Everything else is working alright for now.

Some problems on some of the LATEST updates for Mazzle ADDONS I have noticed:

Bongo's 3 did not seem to like Mazzle when I installed it. While there didn't appear to be any apparent bugs via Bugsack, there was simply no way to drag the action bars to make a new one. I had a very hard time customizing this and went back to the old Bongo's.

Lightheaded is not showing the text from WoWhead like it used to. I am not sure if this is a bug with Mazzle or with Lighthead. I updated Lighthead to the latest version.

Mazzifying is just broken for now unless you want to make the code changes. I recommend waiting another day or two and see what happens.

Combat Log is "broke" because of the combat log changes this will hopefully be fixed soon keep cheacking back here.

The Bar on the right side with armor and such, try right clicking or left clicking the hot point top right side of the mazzle art frame. As far as i know itemrack is still working fine.

The tips.... did you update useing WAU? If so this is why the tinytip is broken. The version of tinytip that is on WAU is junk the person who develops tinytip started posting beta and in the works versions of tinytip to WAU i recommend reverting back to a version of tinytip that was set up right and then unchecking that in the WAU when you update. If you want the new version of tinytip you need to DL both tinytip and the new modules although i m yself have yet to be able to get the new modules to work to allow me to set it up the way it was before the new version came out.

Bongos 3 is beta still. I think?

Lightheaded i have not checked but i will and ill check itemrack and get back here.
03-25-08, 10:54 PM   #47
Buzzkills
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Grimsin View Post
Mazzifying is just broken for now unless you want to make the code changes. I recommend waiting another day or two and see what happens.
i have found ive been able to mazzify if i select "Custom mode" and just check everything under "which portions would you like to mazzify" instead of "Complete config" or "Upgrade mode"

Works for me with little to no probs.
03-26-08, 12:02 AM   #48
Rollered
A Murloc Raider
I updated with WAU and it seems I got a few things back. One problem though, the tooltips now show up at bottom right corner. Is there anyway to move them back to the left side like before?
03-26-08, 01:40 AM   #49
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

I think tinytip is part of mazzle, try /ttip
03-26-08, 02:01 AM   #50
onefastkawi
A Murloc Raider
I made the manual corrections, disabled 'NameToggleFU' and all is well on my end. I'm not running WitchHunt so I can't help with that. I'm going to look into NameToggleFU and see if i can figure out whats erroring and correct it. I'll post if I'm able to get it working bug free in 2.4.

I just got another error... posting below and working on it.

Code:
[2008/03/26 00:57:32-892-x1]: Mendeleev-2.0.53567\Mendeleev.lua:388: attempt to compare number with nil
(tail call): ?:
<in C code>: ?
<in C code>: in function `SetHyperlink'
tekKompare\HoverTips.lua:9: in function <Interface\AddOns\tekKompare\HoverTips.lua:6>

Last edited by onefastkawi : 03-26-08 at 02:04 AM.
03-26-08, 02:01 AM   #51
Strathe
A Kobold Labourer
I have a question regarding ace. I can find no mention of ace3 in either WAU or on the net at all, only ace2.

What blindingly obvious thing am I missing here?

Also, my already mazzified toon has been completely busted, with most of the ui reverting to default with parts of the mazzle skin overlaid. Given an answer to the ace question, is there anything I can do until some totally awesome person fixes mazzle and earns my total admiration?

EDIT: Don't hit me with "check: install out of date addons". Every member of my guild is aware of my computer illiteracy and has suggested this already

Last edited by Strathe : 03-26-08 at 02:09 AM.
03-26-08, 02:10 AM   #52
Angelicus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Premium Member
Found Ace3 in WAU

if you go to the "Standard View" tab and Sort the list there by "name" it does appear

Had issues finding it at first, but that seem to bring it up.

Now I'm off to work, i'll have to log in when I get home to check to see if I have any other issues, but I WAU'd all my addons installed just now, along with adding in Ace3.
03-26-08, 02:36 AM   #53
onefastkawi
A Murloc Raider
UPDATE:
Code:
[2008/03/26 00:57:32-892-x1]: Mendeleev-2.0.53567\Mendeleev.lua:388: attempt to compare number 

with nil
<in C code>: in function 

`SetHyperlink'
tekKompare\HoverTips.lua:9: in function 

<Interface\AddOns\tekKompare\HoverTips.lua:6>

Ok I messed around with the error I posted and I can't figure out whats wrong. Tried commenting out just for grins and it just bounced the error around to other lines in Mendeleev.lua so reverted back to original and now its not erroring lol.

Tho I just went to the AH and scanned it and got this error.

Code:
[2008/03/26 01:32:17-896-x1]: Fence-1.0.46401\modules\Fence_Browse.lua:178: attempt to index local 'moneyFrame' (a nil value)
Blizzard_AuctionUI\Blizzard_AuctionUI.lua:372: in function `AuctionFrameBrowse_OnShow'
<string>:"*:OnShow":1: in function <[string "*:OnShow"]:1>
<in C code>: in function `Show'
Blizzard_AuctionUI\Blizzard_AuctionUI.lua:335: in function <...ace\AddOns\Blizzard_AuctionUI\Blizzard_AuctionUI.lua:318>
<in C code>: in function `pcall'
Stubby-2\Stubby.lua:340: in function <Interface\AddOns\Stubby\Stubby.lua:324>
<string>:"*:OnClick":1: in function <[string "*:OnClick"]:1>

---
03-26-08, 07:32 AM   #54
Llydapdicter
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by WoWUIUser View Post
I also had another problem that i have not seen anyone post about.Under "Private Chat" there is like a combat/whisper chat.it is very unorganized because it has whispers and combat stuff..on top of that it says three things"Self" "Everything"and "What has happend to me".I want it back to the way it was before 2.4 where under "Private Chat" was just private chat.
Is anyone else having this problem(if you want to call it that)if so plz post something.
What I did to overcome that nightmare is if you right click the tab a menu will pop-up and one choice is "Settings". In settings you can choose messages you want to see. I went through, under all 4 "Self" "Everything" etc, and un-checked everything except whisper. If you look to the left of the box that appears there are 4 choices, Chat, Combat, Global Channels, Other. make sure you go through all 4 of those as well and click off everything or you will still get information you do not want in your "Private" chat box. You will still have that menu bar across the top and if you click any of them it will erase everything in that chat box. You could try deleting them, there is that option, but I am not that adventerous

Last edited by Llydapdicter : 03-26-08 at 07:42 AM.
03-26-08, 08:20 AM   #55
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by VincentSDSH View Post
I think tinytip is part of mazzle, try /ttip
yes it is and he's totally rewritten it. The options module was just recently finished so we can again look at setting it up properly.

for now /ttip or /tinytip should get you to the settings options.
03-26-08, 08:22 AM   #56
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by onefastkawi View Post
I made the manual corrections, disabled 'NameToggleFU' and all is well on my end. I'm not running WitchHunt so I can't help with that. I'm going to look into NameToggleFU and see if i can figure out whats erroring and correct it. I'll post if I'm able to get it working bug free in 2.4.

I just got another error... posting below and working on it.

Code:
[2008/03/26 00:57:32-892-x1]: Mendeleev-2.0.53567\Mendeleev.lua:388: attempt to compare number with nil
<in C code>: in function `SetHyperlink'
tekKompare\HoverTips.lua:9: in function <Interface\AddOns\tekKompare\HoverTips.lua:6>
That's an error in Mendeleev. It's an Ace mod and should be fixed in a day or two.
03-26-08, 08:25 AM   #57
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Strathe View Post
I have a question regarding ace. I can find no mention of ace3 in either WAU or on the net at all, only ace2.

What blindingly obvious thing am I missing here?

Also, my already mazzified toon has been completely busted, with most of the ui reverting to default with parts of the mazzle skin overlaid. Given an answer to the ace question, is there anything I can do until some totally awesome person fixes mazzle and earns my total admiration?

EDIT: Don't hit me with "check: install out of date addons". Every member of my guild is aware of my computer illiteracy and has suggested this already
Ace3 is still in beta i believe, though, some of the mods are using it already. I've been updating *with* externals to get around any problems reguarding libraries.
03-26-08, 08:28 AM   #58
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by onefastkawi View Post
UPDATE:
Code:
[2008/03/26 00:57:32-892-x1]: Mendeleev-2.0.53567\Mendeleev.lua:388: attempt to compare number 

with nil
<in C code>: in function 

`SetHyperlink'
tekKompare\HoverTips.lua:9: in function 

<Interface\AddOns\tekKompare\HoverTips.lua:6>

Ok I messed around with the error I posted and I can't figure out whats wrong. Tried commenting out just for grins and it just bounced the error around to other lines in Mendeleev.lua so reverted back to original and now its not erroring lol.

Tho I just went to the AH and scanned it and got this error.

Code:
[2008/03/26 01:32:17-896-x1]: Fence-1.0.46401\modules\Fence_Browse.lua:178: attempt to index local 'moneyFrame' (a nil value)
Blizzard_AuctionUI\Blizzard_AuctionUI.lua:372: in function `AuctionFrameBrowse_OnShow'
<string>:"*:OnShow":1: in function <[string "*:OnShow"]:1>
<in C code>: in function `Show'
Blizzard_AuctionUI\Blizzard_AuctionUI.lua:335: in function <...ace\AddOns\Blizzard_AuctionUI\Blizzard_AuctionUI.lua:318>
<in C code>: in function `pcall'
Stubby-2\Stubby.lua:340: in function <Interface\AddOns\Stubby\Stubby.lua:324>
<string>:"*:OnClick":1: in function <[string "*:OnClick"]:1>

---
I don't think Fence has worked correctly in a very long time. It's an Ace mod and had no modifications by Mazzle so jwowupdater or WAU should bring it to life if it gets fixed.
03-26-08, 09:49 AM   #59
shadow1981
A Fallenroot Satyr
den camt mazzify

after patch i cant mazzify and my ratio screen is in 1.3 i cant go in 1.6 anyone else have that problem
03-26-08, 10:13 AM   #60
cryolithic
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by shadow1981 View Post
after patch i cant mazzify and my ratio screen is in 1.3 i cant go in 1.6 anyone else have that problem
Was the ratio reset on a currently massified character, or are you attempting to mazzify a new one?

Have you read the rest of the thread and made the changes to the mazzifier script listed here?

Posting specific details when requesting any kind of help on the internet is an amazgin buff to those trying to help.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Patch 2.4 bugfix thread