04-27-14, 12:28 PM   #1
Antstary
A Defias Bandit
Hey! Need help with UI resolution issue!

Hey guys

So I'm kind of new to creating UI's for people to download and use, however I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on how I could easily upload a UI for a various amount of resolutions.

I have created one and my friend has tested it out. However mine was 1920x1080 and his was 1600x900.

So how would I go about creating a UI that is for various resolutions and also easy for the user to install!

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Anty
04-28-14, 02:02 PM   #2
cokedrivers
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Antstary View Post
Hey guys

So I'm kind of new to creating UI's for people to download and use, however I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on how I could easily upload a UI for a various amount of resolutions.

I have created one and my friend has tested it out. However mine was 1920x1080 and his was 1600x900.

So how would I go about creating a UI that is for various resolutions and also easy for the user to install!

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Anty
Have you tried switching your own resolution in game to different styles and if your UI works on all of them no need to create different ones.

Just my Thought
Coke
04-28-14, 02:16 PM   #3
Antstary
A Defias Bandit
Yeah i've tried that, I guess the only way to do it, is back up each WTF with different resolutions and scale the UI to different resolutions lol.

Would you know of any helpful addons that could assist me with this?

Thanks for reply!
04-28-14, 02:31 PM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
While it won't help you with the actual adjustments, I'd suggest using Reflux to manage profiles on a UI-wide basis, even for addons that don't normally support profiles. That way, users don't have to mess around with picking the right WTF folder; you can just save a profile for each resolution, and then users can just type one command to load the right one, or you can even write a little bit of code to automatically switch to the right one depending on their resolution when they log in.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Hey! Need help with UI resolution issue!