08-28-12, 05:39 PM   #1
Kreelor
A Firelord

Carbonite addon is now totally useless

At least it is for me.
-- Countless lua errors pop-up after the latest Blizzard update (Aug 28, 2012).
-- The maps don't work at all.
And, there's probably hundreds more issues, but I was so disgusted and angry, I left the game and came here to gripe! My next step is to remove this defunct Carbonite addon, and warn other people from downloading it. I used to encourage this addon to everyone I met in the game! Now, I can no longer do that and keep a clear conscience.

Actually, the developers should remove this addon from web site download locations (like WoW Interface), since it's now a totally broken and useless addon. It's unfair to the decent people who are still being led into downloading/installing it due to the untruthful advertisements on the Carboniteaddon web site.

The developers never even had to common courtesy to explain that they were going to vanish.

08-28-12, 06:36 PM   #2
Dlc81
A Kobold Labourer
yup, i just came here to update mine, and when i went to find out why i can't i was told i'm locked out of the forums...what gives, any one got any idea on what to use to replace this?

08-28-12, 08:07 PM   #3
shadow78
A Cliff Giant
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Dlc81 View Post
yup, i just came here to update mine, and when i went to find out why i can't i was told i'm locked out of the forums...what gives, any one got any idea on what to use to replace this?
here
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=43773

08-28-12, 11:35 PM   #4
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by shadow78 View Post
I followed the link you provided and read all the posts. I am happy to say that the gentleman who has been working so hard has produced an 'update' to Carbonite. It's still in-work, but I'm using it very happily! Thanks to you and him!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite addon is now totally useless