02-11-11, 11:36 AM   #1
Poreo
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Cloning Laptop hard drive

My laptop came today and so did the intel ssd I ordered with it. Everything was fine till I realized the cable ( which is supposed to help clone ) was a sata to sata cable and none of the laptops in my house have a sata. The only thing I have on this puppy is esata, hdmi and usbs. I also only have one hdd bay in this lappy. It is somehow possible to somehow clone using DVDs, which I seem to have an abundance of ?

PS. Please no "Go torrent win7" or anything like that
02-11-11, 05:02 PM   #2
Aprikot
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If physical connection is all you need, a usb/sata adapter would work and they're pretty cheap. I use Ghost for drive imaging, but sounds like you might already have an app solution for the cloning?
02-11-11, 07:45 PM   #3
Poreo
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Originally Posted by Aprikot View Post
If physical connection is all you need, a usb/sata adapter would work and they're pretty cheap. I use Ghost for drive imaging, but sounds like you might already have an app solution for the cloning?
Yea intel has a free cloning software but I have no idea how they expected me to use it. Most laptops have esata and they gave me a sata-sata cable. On top of that, my bro connected it to his laptop using a USB method but it didn't seem enough to power it
02-11-11, 08:39 PM   #4
brotherhobbes
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
you could pick up a hard drive enclosure, which will turn your internal drive into an external usb drive.

just make sure you get one for a 2.5" drive and not a 3.5" one.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Tech Chat » Cloning Laptop hard drive