01-12-14, 02:34 PM   #121
10leej
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Gallyni View Post
I have 3 cats myself and love them dearly. However, I won't have this many again, 3 is too many for me.
My grandma has 17 and counting. I lived with her for two years.
01-12-14, 03:21 PM   #122
Duugu
Premium Member

Originally Posted by 10leej View Post
Dr Eleanor Abernathy MD JD has much more.

Last edited by Duugu : 01-12-14 at 03:24 PM.
01-12-14, 10:30 PM   #123
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by 10leej View Post
Can I live with your grandma?! ... Unless she's one of those gross cat owners who let their house smell like cat pee and convert the tub in the main bathroom into a giant litterbox because they're too lazy to clean it more than once a month, like my late aunt.
01-12-14, 10:34 PM   #124
10leej
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Can I live with your grandma?! ... Unless she's one of those gross cat owners who let their house smell like cat pee and convert the tub in the main bathroom into a giant litterbox because they're too lazy to clean it more than once a month, like my late aunt.
Sure she rents out rooms in her house for $200 a month. (she's got like a 7 bedroom home)
01-13-14, 10:05 AM   #125
Icicle
A Murloc Raider

Could try pro-biotics for the allergic person, sometimes it cures the allergy outright.

I've got 3 kitties also, one of them came all the way from Arizona with me to Scotland and now Germany. She's had quite a trip, her brother also came along, but he died early last year due to Cancer.
01-13-14, 02:57 PM   #126
10leej
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Icicle View Post
Could try pro-biotics for the allergic person, sometimes it cures the allergy outright.

I've got 3 kitties also, one of them came all the way from Arizona with me to Scotland and now Germany. She's had quite a trip, her brother also came along, but he died early last year due to Cancer.
that's sad to hear.
01-13-14, 07:26 PM   #127
Phanx
Cat.

Maybe if I just got a cat and he had to deal with it, he would, but trying to get him to do anything pre-emptively for his health is a losing battle. Seriously, I don't understand how he is not only not 1000 pounds already, but has defined muscles and almost no body fat. Talk about winning the genetic lottery.

Well, I guess I'd rather have to pay attention to avoid getting fat, than be allergic to cats and the entire outdoors, so I'm not that jealous... at least that's what I tell myself.

Poor kitty.
01-14-14, 08:07 PM   #128
Gallyni
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I'll be honest, I fight cat smell in my house and it's not simply the litter box. I love my house but when I moved in the house already had an animal smell. I do the best I can controlling it.

I cannot even imagine having 17 cats.
01-14-14, 09:54 PM   #129
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Gallyni View Post
I'll be honest, I fight cat smell in my house and it's not simply the litter box.
How many cats do you have? If they're peeing on specific things, get some of that enzymatic cleaner (eg. Nature's Miracle) that removes the pee smell so they don't keep going back to it.

I don't know that I ever had 17 cats at once growing up, but at some point we had 12, I think. I did grow up in a rural area though so most of them were mostly, if not exclusively, outdoor cats, so it's not quite the same as having them all in the house.
01-15-14, 12:03 AM   #130
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

I got a cat when I was 5, thought it was a male but we found out about a year later that it was female after it had a few kittens randomly. Quite the surprise, naturally I just slapped an -a onto the name and it was good to go.

Parents gave it away when I was in school to the neighbor, such a betrayal. Not that I saw it much anyway, it was very strictly an outdoors cat.

Not sure where I was going with this but the story of Morris/Morrisa has to be told!
01-15-14, 12:16 AM   #131
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Wimpface View Post
Morrisa
Haha, that reminds me of one of the kittens we got right after my dad took me and my brother to see the Lion King in the theater (and my mom got super pissed because of all the terrible awful very bad G-rated animated violence, ohnoes). The kitten kept sitting up like a meerkat and I wanted to name it Timon, but it was a girl, so I did the same thing you did with the suffixed "a" -- voila, Timona!

Then, when I was 11 or 12 my mom decided we had too many cats, and made me and my siblings (2 brothers, 1 sister) each pick one cat to keep. All the rest were sent to the animal shelter.
01-15-14, 01:07 AM   #132
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Haha, that reminds me of one of the kittens we got right after my dad took me and my brother to see the Lion King in the theater (and my mom got super pissed because of all the terrible awful very bad G-rated animated violence, ohnoes). The kitten kept sitting up like a meerkat and I wanted to name it Timon, but it was a girl, so I did the same thing you did with the suffixed "a" -- voila, Timona!

Then, when I was 11 or 12 my mom decided we had too many cats, and made me and my siblings (2 brothers, 1 sister) each pick one cat to keep. All the rest were sent to the animal shelter.
I think it's just a universal naming convention, works every time!

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » Introduction Post