10-27-10, 10:27 PM   #1
Tithulta
A Black Drake

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Excessive load times?

I have been getting D/c more often than ever since 4.0.1 was released. Some i think is due to addons, but having a hard time figure out which ones are the issue. Thought it was ratingbuster, but deleting it and its saved variables didnt effect load time. I've already updated video drivers. no effect. Tried loading with only dominos, sexymap, tomtom and healbot. Still really really long time loading and D/ced not 30s after it fully loaded. going to try cutting options all down to low an see if that helps. Anyone else dealing with long load times just starting in the last week or so?

tri-core 2.9mhz
4gb ddr2 800
5750 1gb gddr(4 or5) i think

Last edited by Tithulta : 10-27-10 at 10:31 PM. Reason: forgot something
10-27-10, 10:47 PM   #2
brotherhobbes
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
what happens when you disable every addon?
10-27-10, 11:00 PM   #3
Tithulta
A Black Drake

no addons = very fast load time soon as the blue bar fills up it loads in an shows character and whatever enviroment they're in. Dal or not makes not diffrence
10-27-10, 11:17 PM   #4
brotherhobbes
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
so then it's definitely an addon.

best thing, although annoying, is to slowly re-enable them one at a time. logging in after each one you turn back on.
10-28-10, 05:19 PM   #5
Tithulta
A Black Drake

Dunno which addon it was but i just bit the bullet an deleted WTF and it seems to have fixed it. Sucks re-setting up all my toons, but at least for the most part it once per class.
10-28-10, 05:48 PM   #6
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Excessively large saved variables and missing files both contribute to slow loading times.

The first needs no further explanation I think.

As for the second you can get an idea by looking at World of Warcraft\Logs\FrameXML.log

It's normal to have "some" entries there (it's not the same as lua errors)
but if you have too many lines with "unable to load such and such" file these add alot of loading time.

This is usually a problem with improper setup of dis-embedded libraries or occasionally obsolete files that the author didn't bother removing from the .toc of their addon.

Game tries to find each of these files and also writes the error to framexml.log both of which add to loading times.

Last edited by Dridzt : 10-28-10 at 05:50 PM. Reason: 'fo' =/= 'of'
10-29-10, 11:41 AM   #7
Xinhuan
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Are you by any chance tracking a lot of quests/achievements (using Blizzard's quest tracker) that involve items (for example cooking a list of 50 different dishes)?

The more of those you have, the more time SetMapZoom() takes to run because it triggers the WORLD_MAP_UPDATE event, so an addon that needs zone data such as Gatherer, GatherMate, Routes, TomTom, or whatever similar addon would take upwards of 5 seconds each to load.
11-02-10, 04:26 PM   #8
MoonWitch
A Firelord
Ah, that might solve my personal problem :P
11-02-10, 06:04 PM   #9
Sideshow
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Same problem here: long load times (with full blue bar, computer seems to do nothing) and frequent disconnects.
11-03-10, 03:54 AM   #10
MoonWitch
A Firelord
Sideshow,

I'm glad I am not the only one. While my pc isn't the newest, it shouldn't be performing this bad :P I can play Battlefield Bad Comp 2 on high without a hitch -- but wow in dungeons/raids -- nope

But yes, with a full blue bar, my comp stays that way for a while. Or I get a disco at that point, or it takes a long time (with or without addons if I may add)
12-28-10, 11:36 PM   #11
Poreo
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Sorry about necro bump but I used to have this problem but everyone told me if was addon / corrupt file related. Disable my firewall and I never had this problem again what gives ?

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Tech Chat » Excessive load times?