01-10-14, 11:26 AM   #21
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
Erm where do you think Billy got DOS from?
After they bought the license, and renamed it to MSDOS, it only take them 18 years to implement the autocompletion. (NT)
01-10-14, 12:16 PM   #22
Choonstertwo
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I had no idea MS-DOS had autocompletion for folder names. That may come in handy at some point in the future.

I usually use slash commands for in-game configuration of my AddOns because they're easier to write than full-blown GUIs. Often my AddOns are small enough that I don't bother with in-game configuration at all and just put some variables at the top of the main Lua file with comments explaining what they do.
01-10-14, 06:01 PM   #23
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Choonstertwo View Post
I usually use slash commands for in-game configuration of my AddOns because they're easier to write than full-blown GUIs.
Having written plenty of command-line interface for addons in my day, I can tell you it's not significantly more difficult or time-consuming to write a GUI instead. The options panel for BetterBattlePetTooltip is just 66 lines of code (3.5kb) -- no libraries, just basic WoW API and Blizzard templates -- and if I strip it down to the bare minimum, it's only 40 lines (1.8kb). Adding another checkbox would take 6-12 lines of code. Adding a slider would take 8-22 lines.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » I have never realised this... (slash commands)