10-16-08, 01:26 AM   #101
sodd
A Kobold Labourer
Would there be a way with the custom state option to create a bar that is only shown (switches pages) if the targeted unit has any combo points on it (to display finishing moves only if they are usable)?

10-16-08, 01:43 AM   #102
Raziel2p
A Defias Bandit
I've always been a fan of these kind of addons, despite the tough learning curve. I'm starting to learn the more advanced points of this thing already, but I have a few requests/questions.

First of all, I'm wondering whether it would be possible to make a bar that's not clickable - ideally, I'd want it so that if I click on the bar and there's a player/mob/whatever "hidden" behind the bar, I'll select it instead. The reason I'm asking for this is I'm used to having a bar with a few spells that I use as reference to check my range to the target. If there were addons around that actually worked for this specifically, I'd use them, but I've yet to find one. I prefer not to see range in yards, really.

Second, and this is related to the first, I'm wondering if it's possible to turn off the rangecheck on one bar but not the other. If I have a seperate bar for rangechecks, I obviously won't be needing to see red buttons all over the place.

And finally, I'm wondering whether it could be made possible to put an outline on keybinds and amount texts, as just pure white text can be quite hard to read.

In every other way, I've always found Trinity Bars the ideal choice for me, and I've no doubts about Macaroons, either. Keep up the good work!

EDIT: One more thing. A way to disable the automatic switch to the highest rank spell would be nice - as a mage, it's really annoying having to macro my polymorph spell just to prevent it being switched to Polymorph: Pig, which doesn't work with the glyphs.

Last edited by Raziel2p : 10-16-08 at 01:48 AM.

10-16-08, 01:55 AM   #103
digmouse
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
@retuch: did you exactly change the pet bar buttons to petID1 to 10? I didnt experience that issue since I am a hunter too.

@sodd: since there is no such state code in blizzard macro, I dont see such possiblilities but I dont know if Maul has a different opinion, we'll see.

@Raziel2p: I found the bind and count text bit hard to read too

10-16-08, 02:31 AM   #104
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

To everyone and anyone!

This is a bit much for me and my time restraints So if you have a bug report, please also use the bug reporting feature on WoWInterface. Even if you are not sure if it is a bug. I use it as a check list to investigate things. You can find it at my author portal. Posting here is fine, but tracking everything is becoming cumbersome

Bug Report

or

Maul's Kitchen

Thanks!
-Maul

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

10-16-08, 02:32 AM   #105
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by digmouse View Post
@retuch: did you exactly change the pet bar buttons to petID1 to 10? I didnt experience that issue since I am a hunter too.

@sodd: since there is no such state code in blizzard macro, I dont see such possiblilities but I dont know if Maul has a different opinion, we'll see.

@Raziel2p: I found the bind and count text bit hard to read too
/wave digmouse

You can change the title from "unofficial" to "official"

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

10-16-08, 02:37 AM   #106
digmouse
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Maul View Post
/wave digmouse

You can change the title from "unofficial" to "official"
Nah, see I've done, and the whole doc should be online tonight, I'm busy collecting FAQs.

EDIT: the first post displays official but the whole title is unofficial, anyone know why?

Last edited by digmouse : 10-16-08 at 02:57 AM.

10-16-08, 03:13 AM   #107
ecopsorn
A Defias Bandit
Hi there

I'm using Macaroon together with Dominos, why? Because spent 4 hours trying to set up stances, paging stuff for my druid.

Now as I installed Dominos, I set up all Shapeshifting Bars with buttons, etc. how I wanted it to be. Since I need more than 120 buttons, I also installed Macaroon because I thought that's the way to do it.

So I created 2 bars with about 20 buttons with macaroon. Now I have a really strange issue here. The bars are initially set up as "macro buttons". I want them to be macro buttons since I don't want to mess up the 120 from Dominos.

When I drag/drop a spell from the spellbook to the new macaroon bars, it sometimes sets it from macro to action id and therefore overwriting my Dominos Bars. The strange thing is, that it won't happen to all spells. For example, I can put Inscription on all buttons and it stays a macro button and I can use it. When I try to put my mount on the macroon buttons, it automatically sets it as an action button and overwrites my Dominos...

Does anybody have an idea how to fix it and what I do wrong?

thanks in advance

10-16-08, 03:17 AM   #108
crassy
A Murloc Raider
Is it possible to configure OOM and out-of-range color for the bar buttons?

Also, I'd like to set up a stance bar with shift modifier bars, one per stance. So pressing shift in one stance would show me one set of buttons while pressing shift in another stance would present another set. Is that possible?

And if someone can give me a quick heads-up on the bar linking thing and what it does I'd be quite grateful.

Last edited by crassy : 10-16-08 at 03:26 AM.

10-16-08, 03:27 AM   #109
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by ecopsorn View Post
Hi there

I'm using Macaroon together with Dominos, why? Because spent 4 hours trying to set up stances, paging stuff for my druid.

Now as I installed Dominos, I set up all Shapeshifting Bars with buttons, etc. how I wanted it to be. Since I need more than 120 buttons, I also installed Macaroon because I thought that's the way to do it.

So I created 2 bars with about 20 buttons with macaroon. Now I have a really strange issue here. The bars are initially set up as "macro buttons". I want them to be macro buttons since I don't want to mess up the 120 from Dominos.

When I drag/drop a spell from the spellbook to the new macaroon bars, it sometimes sets it from macro to action id and therefore overwriting my Dominos Bars. The strange thing is, that it won't happen to all spells. For example, I can put Inscription on all buttons and it stays a macro button and I can use it. When I try to put my mount on the macroon buttons, it automatically sets it as an action button and overwrites my Dominos...

Does anybody have an idea how to fix it and what I do wrong?

thanks in advance
This is because of the limited API available for the new companion stuff. In order for mount buttons to work 100%, they need to be action buttons, so Macaroon auto-converts them to action. However, you can still make a /cast <mount> macro manually, though I still have to get the icons into the icon index internally.

This issue should be specific to mounts only. If not, let me know

10-16-08, 03:29 AM   #110
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by crassy View Post
Is it possible to configure OOM and out-of-range color for the bar buttons?

Also, I'd like to set up a stance bar with shift modifier bars, one per stance. So pressing shift in one stance would show me one set of buttons while pressing shift in another stance would present another set. Is that possible?

And if someone can give me a quick heads-up on the bar linking thing and what it does I'd be quite grateful.
Possible, yes. In-game, no I do plan on adding coloring options, I am just not there yet. However, you can edit the colors in the saved vars files.

I am looking into an issue on the type of bar setup you mention, so I am a bit hesitant to go into explanations right now in-case the method changes

10-16-08, 04:37 AM   #111
ecopsorn
A Defias Bandit
This is because of the limited API available for the new companion stuff. In order for mount buttons to work 100%, they need to be action buttons, so Macaroon auto-converts them to action. However, you can still make a /cast <mount> macro manually, though I still have to get the icons into the icon index internally.

This issue should be specific to mounts only. If not, let me know
Hey there

It also doesn't work for pets and the all the makros from Blizzards UI . How can that be? When I copy the Makro text and paste it to one of your buttons, then it perfectly works, but I can't just drag and drop makros created with blizzards UI to Macaroon buttons otherwise it converts it to an Action button again ^^.

Any idea on this?

10-16-08, 04:40 AM   #112
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by ecopsorn View Post
Hey there

It also doesn't work for pets and the all the makros from Blizzards UI . How can that be? When I copy the Makro text and paste it to one of your buttons, then it perfectly works, but I can't just drag and drop makros created with blizzards UI to Macaroon buttons otherwise it converts it to an Action button again ^^.

Any idea on this?
Pet spells can only be dragged to pet buttons. Make sure the button type is set to "pet".

As for the Blizzard macro, this was a design decision because some users wanted to make sure that the Macaroon button with a Blizzard macro still updated when the Blizzard macro changed. Some addons out there auto-edit Blizzard macros and the only way they will reflect on a Macaroon button is if the button is set to "action".

10-16-08, 04:59 AM   #113
ecopsorn
A Defias Bandit
Pet spells can only be dragged to pet buttons. Make sure the button type is set to "pet".

As for the Blizzard macro, this was a design decision because some users wanted to make sure that the Macaroon button with a Blizzard macro still updated when the Blizzard macro changed. Some addons out there auto-edit Blizzard macros and the only way they will reflect on a Macaroon button is if the button is set to "action".
About the Blizzard macros, I perfectly understand what u mean, from now on I'm putting it right into the bars.

With "pet" you mean the hunter pets, warlock pets and such, right? I ment the small guys walking besides me ^^ (In German: Begleiter).

10-16-08, 05:11 AM   #114
Dragonsblaze
The Shadows Beckon...

Premium Member
Originally Posted by cryowolf View Post
How do we keep blizz windows (like spellbook, quest, social ) and bags from covering Macaroon bars?
Change the bar strata. Its like a visibility prioriity. The higher it is, the less that will cover it. The lower it is, the more.

Bar strata set to lowest = everything will cover it.

10-16-08, 07:38 AM   #115
rudedog
A Kobold Labourer
I have the macaroon xtras installed and the blizzard menu bar and bags are showing, however, I'm unable to configure them when i use the /macaroon config command. Am I doing something wrong? They are stuck in a place I don't want and I can't move them.

Also, the minimap button has dissapeared - is there a way to get it back?

10-16-08, 07:44 AM   #116
Dragonsblaze
The Shadows Beckon...

Premium Member
Originally Posted by rudedog View Post
I have the macaroon xtras installed and the blizzard menu bar and bags are showing, however, I'm unable to configure them when i use the /macaroon config command. Am I doing something wrong? They are stuck in a place I don't want and I can't move them.

Also, the minimap button has dissapeared - is there a way to get it back?
Make sure macaroon itself is installed aswell. (sorry had to say it)

Uh, make sure your macaroon folder isn't deleted. And when you type
Code:
/mac config
then hover over a bar, does it turn kinda blue?

10-16-08, 09:14 AM   #117
Pillgor
A Defias Bandit
Ahoi,

have a little problem with my enhancement shaman and macaroon. I cannot find the action buttons for my wolfs and assign them to the bar. Can anybody help me?

thx Pillgor

PS sorry for bad english, didnīt use it much since school...^^

Edit: i got it, checked the no pet buttons with the the pet button id...^^
and btw trinity was a great addon and macaroon is going to do it a lot better, good job...^^...cya

Last edited by Pillgor : 10-16-08 at 10:02 AM.

10-16-08, 11:11 AM   #118
pwolfe
A Murloc Raider
Hey Maul you missed my most important question,

How can I make my buttons right click self cast? that's a deal breaker for me!

10-16-08, 11:22 AM   #119
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

I also miss the right click self cast option!

a small suggestion though: Could you make the animations on the options go just a little bit faster? I love them and i dont want you to get rid of them but if they were faster that would be even better!

loving macaroon right now ty so much!

10-16-08, 11:49 AM   #120
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by pwolfe View Post
Hey Maul you missed my most important question,

How can I make my buttons right click self cast? that's a deal breaker for me!
The FAQ knows all!

However, set right-click target to "Self". because of the nature of the macros, you will have to re-drag your spells to the button for them to re-write themselves with the new option. I am working on means to auto-update macros when these options change.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Macaroon unofficial thread and docs: Feel the World of Macros!