07-25-09, 01:56 PM   #1
Infection
A Defias Bandit
Post [Search] a good Warlock Interface

Hello my name is Infection,

Iīm very new on this Board, and my english is very bad. I hope the peoples can unterstand it what i mean.

I search for a Warlock Interface. I have since yesterday a 80 Warlock, but i havenīt got any addons. (questhelper was the only one)
Have someone a good Warlock Interface. I search for a good pvp Interface. The ui must be habe a interface/map/mini bar but no so....how can i say it.....
the screen will simply not be completely full with stupid addons. In the interface must be everything clean and tidy list of cool and easy to use, there must be only the most pure.

I hope somone have understand what i mean. Sorry for my bad english.
07-25-09, 01:59 PM   #2
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
nUI and ForteXorcist (Forte Warlock) is all ya need /nods
07-25-09, 03:46 PM   #3
Ak1ra
A Fallenroot Satyr

imho nUI have some unneeded information + to many screen space taken by that UI t_t
I'm playing Hunter and still searching for some UI - and I need it to be as clean as possible, I know some of good UI - but trouble is - sreen resolution...

my bro playing warlock and he seems satisfyed by just X-perl with his own options turned on or off... so it's up to You, I don't think there's much interfaces for Warlock specialy...
p.s.
yeah - my engl even worse than u'rs)
07-25-09, 06:24 PM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

It takes up too much screen space? I disagree All of the other UI's have unit frames going all the way up the sides of the screen... nUI does not. Everything is localized towards the bottom of the screen, freeing up the entire middle of the screen and top (optional, you can hide the top and the hud).
07-25-09, 06:40 PM   #5
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
It takes up too much screen space? I disagree All of the other UI's have unit frames going all the way up the sides of the screen... nUI does not. Everything is localized towards the bottom of the screen, freeing up the entire middle of the screen and top (optional, you can hide the top and the hud).
Im getting the feeling Ak1ra after a rather minimalist style UI. Cant ask for more screen real estate than that.

To the OP: You should look through the Compilations and Suites Category. I do however recommend giving nUI a try as Silenia has said.

To the OP and Ak1ra: If you cant find anything there to your liking in the above category then you will have to make one yourself. It may not be the solution your after but if you factor in all the time your spending trying to find the perfect remade UI chances are you would have been able to make it twice over hehe.

Either way good hunting to you both =)

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
07-25-09, 07:38 PM   #6
Ak1ra
A Fallenroot Satyr

i've tryed to make my own UI but I still lack exp in Lua programming and so on, I'm truely after minimalist UI cause I wan't to have as much space as I can)

So tnx ^ ^

As for nUI - I donno how 'bout compared to other UI's - but from what I saw - nUI is the most space-eating interface among them =\
but it's for me ofc, I don't have anything against that UI, I just hate when I can use only half of my screen for observing world)
07-25-09, 08:06 PM   #7
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

You don't need LUA experience to make your own ui. You simply need enough knowledge to download addons and arrange them to suit your own needs. Most action bar and unit frame mods will hide the default blizzard stuff and from there you just use whatever options you want with each addon. You really only need LUA experience if you choose a unit frame platform like OUF and don't like any of the pre-made plugins.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
07-25-09, 08:13 PM   #8
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Ak1ra View Post

As for nUI - I donno how 'bout compared to other UI's - but from what I saw - nUI is the most space-eating interface among them =\
but it's for me ofc, I don't have anything against that UI, I just hate when I can use only half of my screen for observing world)
Look at all that free uncluttered screen real estate and scrumptious nUI goodness... rawr!

Well over half of the screen is free from any addons. Edit: In fact, that is my entire screen. nUI does not cover any of my screen. There is nothing to see behind nUI.

Compare some of the popular UI's (according to the most downloaded here). nUI wins without a shadow of doubt when it comes to screen real estate.

http://s.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw28260.jpg

http://s.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw23117.jpg

http://s.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw27771.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nUIscreenspace.jpg
Views:	945
Size:	839.8 KB
ID:	3076  Click image for larger version

Name:	nuiaddons1.png
Views:	816
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	3077  

Last edited by Petrah : 07-25-09 at 08:17 PM.
07-25-09, 08:32 PM   #9
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Look at all that free uncluttered screen real estate and scrumptious nUI goodness... rawr!

Well over half of the screen is free from any addons. Edit: In fact, that is my entire screen. nUI does not cover any of my screen. There is nothing to see behind nUI.

Compare some of the popular UI's (according to the most downloaded here). nUI wins without a shadow of doubt when it comes to screen real estate.

http://s.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw28260.jpg

http://s.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw23117.jpg

http://s.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw27771.jpg
What she said ^------^

07-25-09, 08:51 PM   #10
Vraan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
nUI...
I'd rather piss glass than use that ****.

Anyway, WoWi has quite a few good UIs in the minimalistic category, but it's always best to make your own. If you dont know LUA, you can use AddOns that has an In-Game config.

Elitist Jerks is a good place for inspiration.
07-25-09, 08:52 PM   #11
BFSskepsis
Premium Member

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Malev UI IMO

http://s.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw28770.jpg
07-25-09, 08:53 PM   #12
Ak1ra
A Fallenroot Satyr

yeah it's quite right to show nUI soloing screenshot and other UI's in Raid)))
anyway I still could see more screen space at minimalistic UI's WITH raid/party frames than nUI soloing -_- perhaps it's my low-resolution monitor...
And still to do something like this I guess I need some help =\

Last edited by Ak1ra : 07-25-09 at 08:56 PM.
07-25-09, 08:55 PM   #13
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

What is covered and what is wasted space is a matter of perception. I can understand where Ak1ra is coming.

Ill qualify myself by saying that i generally go for the dashboard design (links below) with my personal UI's. What i will say however is that i did in fact give nUI a test run when it first released. I always try something new and fancy. The size of the dashboard overall was what ultimately had me not using it. While the viewport above the dash is in fact very clean the overall size of the dash was more than i prefer. (most of my UI's with the exception of my timers occupy a space of about 85 pixels across the bottom of the screen. 100 if its a raiding UI)

As for clarity and access to info there is no doubt as to how well nUI its set up. The one advantage of the UI's you linked is that when they aren't raiding they cover less screen overall. The advantage of nUI in this case is its screen coverage does not increase when raiding.

Its a matter of personal taste what style you go for. This is in no way a slight on Scott's work. In fact i try to help out when i can to answer questions and often recommend it to others. Its just a simple fact of how you perceive that space in terms of use and coverage. You might see clean uncluttered space. Someone else (Ak1ra in this case) sees too much screen used up.

My questing/raid dps UI

Raid healing UI

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
07-25-09, 09:06 PM   #14
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Of course, this is in fun... so don't anyone go getting all uppity lol.

Lifestyles Of The Poor and Unknown

----

The Middle Income Family

----

Lifestyles Of The Rich And Famous

07-25-09, 09:17 PM   #15
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Vraan View Post
nUI...
Me thinks someone needs to read the forum rules...
07-25-09, 09:40 PM   #16
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Vraan View Post
nUI...
I'd rather piss glass than use that ****.

Anyway, WoWi has quite a few good UIs in the minimalistic category, but it's always best to make your own. If you dont know LUA, you can use AddOns that has an In-Game config.

Elitist Jerks is a good place for inspiration.
I'm so glad that you were able to re-word everything I said (except the bit about pissing glass). It takes real intelligence to break down a carefully thought out paragraph attempting to help someone, into one single sentence, especially with the completely reasonable commentary on nUI. Of COURSE you would rather experience excruciating pain during urination than to use nUI. Why wouldn't you? Most people would prefer to actually comment on what they didn't like about any particular addon, or to simply state it doesn't suit their tastes in a ui, but oh no! not you! You recomended Elitest Jerks as a place to look for ui's. Sounds like a nice place. Maybe you could go there... and stay for a while.

07-25-09, 09:41 PM   #17
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Of course, this is in fun... so don't anyone go getting all uppity lol.

Lifestyles Of The Poor and Unknown

----

The Middle Income Family

----

Lifestyles Of The Rich And Famous

I got a giggle out of it =)

07-25-09, 09:50 PM   #18
Ak1ra
A Fallenroot Satyr

What I'm trying to say is nUInterface would be difficult to use if he/she 's just got his character and never used any of that kind Addons...
Than again nUI is super informative and highly-configurable, and this is what I do not like - to cofigure so much, that's why I'm not using Pitbull 3.0 and w8ing for 4th to be released)
07-25-09, 09:54 PM   #19
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

What I'm trying to say is nUInterface would be difficult to use if he/she 's just got his character and never used any of that kind Addons...
Than again nUI is super informative and highly-configurable, and this is what I do not like - to cofigure so much, that's why I'm not using Pitbull 3.0 and w8ing for 4th to be released)
In reality you can load it up and it just runs. It doesn't require any configuration. Tweaking to personal preference however is available and might be necessary with any compilation you download.

07-25-09, 09:58 PM   #20
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

If you don't want to have to configure anything, then you probably shouldn't use any addons at all. No matter how well set up a ui is, eventually you're probably gonna want to tweak something in it. The only ui that really doesn't require any configuration at all is the default, but who really wants that?

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Class Discussions » [Search] a good Warlock Interface