10-24-10, 10:56 PM   #1
Kolakhan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Herb Nodes and Hidden Areas?

A couple of items. Great mod by the way really enjoying it. I can't seem to get the herb nodes to show. Followed instructions and imported them through guide. I previously used Gather and when I turn that on I see them fine. Not sure what to do with that issue? I do have the nodes loaded. Second I would like to see the entire map of the world so to speak when I zoom out. I only seem to be able to "light up" where I put the cursor. Any way to see it all? Thanks again.

10-25-10, 02:35 AM   #2
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Kolakhan View Post
A couple of items. Great mod by the way really enjoying it. I can't seem to get the herb nodes to show. Followed instructions and imported them through guide. I previously used Gather and when I turn that on I see them fine. Not sure what to do with that issue? I do have the nodes loaded.
If you pick a herb that isn't on the Carbonite map, does it then appear on the Carbonite map? If not, Carb might not be able to write node data to its map for you - try reinstalling (delete all Carbonite folders in Interface\Addons, as well as everything marked "Carbonite" in your WTF folder and its subfolders, and then redownload 4.012 and install as per usual).

Second I would like to see the entire map of the world so to speak when I zoom out. I only seem to be able to "light up" where I put the cursor. Any way to see it all? Thanks again.
Viewing all the zones at once? I don't see any reason to - in order to view all zones, you need to be so far zoomed out that you can't possibly make out any details on the map. Unless you're a cyborg with 58x optical zoom built into your optireceptors. In which case you should have better things to look at than maps.

Carbonite only shows up to three zones at once, it's more than adequate and also saves quite a bit of memory.

10-26-10, 12:46 AM   #3
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Did you right click a non icon area of map, select Show and check the herbs and/or mining location boxes?

You can change "Maximum number of zones to draw at a time" on the Map options window page, but you make it too big and your FPS will slow down a lot.

10-26-10, 12:13 PM   #4
Kolakhan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
My bad! I did not know I had to "turn on" the herbs and of course when I did it worked fine. Perhaps a little clarification in the paragraph in the doc dealing with Carbonite Nodes on page 12 to turn them on would be helpful? Understand about the three zones thanks for the clarification. A further question, what do you call the little map that pops up in the upper left hand corner of the minimap and how do I get rid of it?

10-26-10, 09:27 PM   #5
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
My bad! I did not know I had to "turn on" the herbs and of course when I did it worked fine. Perhaps a little clarification in the paragraph in the doc dealing with Carbonite Nodes on page 12 to turn them on would be helpful?
Two sections above has that info:

-- Gathering

Carbonite tracks mining, herb, gas and everfost shard locations when you gather them.

To show them on the map for the selected zone:

Herbs - Right click a non icon area of map, select Show and check "Show Herb Locations".
Mining - Right click a non icon area of map, select Show and check "Show Mining Locations".

A further question, what do you call the little map that pops up in the upper left hand corner of the minimap and how do I get rid of it?
The little map is the standard Blizzard minimap, which is the only way the game will show tracking icons, since addons cannot read that info. It is in a corner (docked) when it cannot fit around your player arrow or you are indoors. There many limitations of what addons can do with the minimap.

Our map is just called the Carbonite map (small or large), not a minimap.

10-27-10, 12:48 PM   #6
Kolakhan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
When you are right, you are right! Re-read the whole thing in detail. Was to much in a hurry to get it working. This is perhaps the best addon pound for pound I have ever used. A great piece of work!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Herb Nodes and Hidden Areas?