07-15-14, 09:11 PM   #1
Azulorr
A Kobold Labourer
How to: Copy the functionality of the RaidUI frame

Hello,

For an addon I'm developing, it would be fantastic if I could get the functionality of the Raid UI frame, into my custom frame.

Basically, I want to purely list raid members in my frame in the exact group layout (with correct index order), as well as provide dragging functionality to swap raid members between groups. I would also be overlaying these frames with some information (such as player name and role). It also doesn't need to have health tracking or unit targeting.

Naturally, to prevent errors throwing up everywhere and tainting, it will only be functional out of combat.

I've read about Secure Frame Templates, and securefunchooks, but I'm unsure how to use these properly.

How would I go about doing this?
07-16-14, 08:03 PM   #2
kurapica.igas
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
You should use secure template only if you want apply click-cast ability or other actions like target/focus to unit frames.

Since you only need your raidui works out of combat, just leave the secure template away.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » How to: Copy the functionality of the RaidUI frame