02-20-13, 04:47 PM   #1
BadCo
A Murloc Raider
I Lost my GUI

A couple of months ago, I lost the GUI control panel or options frames. When I shift-click on the Ion icon in my Banana bar, I get an empty frame where the options used to be. I've been limping along without the ability to change any of my Ion options. The Ion-GUI folder in my addons folder has files dated 27 Nov 12, so I think they are current, but I can't get to the options in game at all.

Also, I'm still suffering the "sometimes assigned icons for the macro buttons work and sometimes they don't" malady. I can make macros, and the macros work, but the icons I assign to them don't show up. If I have a spell in the macro and use the #showtooltip line at the top, the icon works great. But when I assign a particular icon it seldom works.

Love the addon... been a big fan since early Macaroon days. Hopin to get help with the GUI problem.
02-20-13, 07:32 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Try deleting all of the Ion* folders from your AddOns folder, and then downloading a fresh copy of Ion and reinstalling it by hand. Also, delete the Cache folder in your base WoW folder; cache corruption can interfere with addons.

As for the macro icon problem, I don't know... Maul doesn't seem to have the time and/or interest to work on Ion these days, and I've been using Bartender4 since MoP came out.
02-20-13, 07:44 PM   #3
BadCo
A Murloc Raider
Thanx Phanx... that falls trippingly off the tongue.

I can't see my settings to write down the sizes, etc. I do have my dozens of macros in a text file so that's no problem, but, boy howdy there are so many settings that I don't have recorded that reinstalling and deleting files that might have settings are daunting to me. I'll have to get a macro addon because I'm a fan of long ones exceeding 255 characters.

I even took a look at Bartender4, but I'm reticent to make the switch because I do use about 120 buttons on about 6 bars. But I reckon that I'll be headed that way soon enough

Thanx for taking the time to reply.
02-20-13, 09:22 PM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Deleting the addon folders doesn't delete your settings; those are stored separately in your SavedVariables folder(s).

Also, you can have both Ion and BT4 running at the same time, to help migrate settings. I don't have any suggestions for handling more/longer macros, though, since I don't use that many macros and the ones I do use fit in the Blizzard macro UI.
04-04-13, 04:40 PM   #5
Thrumbar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
To get the Config window you need to

1. /ion config
2. rightclick on any ion frame (extar button or actionbar)

should cause the menu to appear properly

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Ion Engines, Engage! » I Lost my GUI