09-30-14, 07:27 AM   #1
aafiless
A Defias Bandit
Instance maps

I love this addon. But its only good when you are not in instance. In instance this addon is disaster. I can't see where is boss and where I should go. Also you can't access to dungeon journal though map. Guys, can give for players to chose which map they prefer to keep when players in instance: Blizzard or Carbonite original. If do this it will be very helpfull.

You keep updating and improving your instance maps, but until now please give an option for players to use Original blizzard maps.

09-30-14, 05:34 PM   #2
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I bet you are using the standard original Carbonite..

Instance maps are fixed in the alpha/beta..

To get it, Right click Carbonite in curse client and select alpha under the "prefered release types"

There really should be a sticky about this..

09-30-14, 06:30 PM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You can also get the Beta version of Carbonite HERE (at WoWInterface.com).

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

10-01-14, 12:00 AM   #4
Kreelor
A Firelord

Rythal: This is getting insane

Rythal, why don't you do something (on wowinterface.com) to coordinate the multiple versions of this Carbonite addon? Visitors who are hoping to find a suitable working version are ALWAYS confused, which requires multiple replies to them to find the most recent versions!

There are constant posts which need to be addressed to find the 'most current working version'!
There are constant posts which need to be addressed to find the 'most current working version'!

Is it too much to ask you for a legitimate "Sticky" update to the most suitable "working version", or not?

People who want to benefit by your extra-ordinary accomplishments have no idea where to find a current working version -- easily! Many people are still using the so-called "Released Version" (which is a joke). This has been happening for over a year or (two?) or more. Please, don't let your wonderful efforts go in vane by frustrating everybody who wants to benefit by your efforts. Hopefully, donations will follow as a result. I will as soon as SS increases my benefits. That's a promise, if I live that long -- I just turned 69. I'd offer tons of money now, if I had it. You deserve it. Maybe others who have a few bucks can contribute abundantly to you, NOW! I hope so.

You have done so much for all of us users that all contributions to you would be a decent thing for anyone who uses this addon should be provided to you! We would be lost without your efforts!!!

10-06-14, 10:42 PM   #5
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Yes it was a huge mistake to continue with the alpha tag for so long, the next stable non-alpha release will be the one for WoD and I won't make the mistake again of sticking to alpha release numbers.

10-07-14, 08:36 AM   #6
Kreelor
A Firelord

Rythal, thank you for that information.

I do have a question pertaining to part of your statement
"...the next stable non-alpha release will be the one for WoD"
How will your next update (which will include stuff for WoD) impact the current beta/alpha version? I'm asking this because I will not be purchasing the WoD expansion. I just want to know if I will still be able to use the version I have now. I was kinda' hoping you'd release an update with a number of fixes prior to the upcoming WoD, but if you can't, please let me know if there will be any conflicts between my current beta/alpha version and the new WoD version.

10-07-14, 01:13 PM   #7
mjumnito
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post
I do have a question pertaining to part of your statement How will your next update (which will include stuff for WoD) impact the current beta/alpha version? I'm asking this because I will not be purchasing the WoD expansion. I just want to know if I will still be able to use the version I have now. I was kinda' hoping you'd release an update with a number of fixes prior to the upcoming WoD, but if you can't, please let me know if there will be any conflicts between my current beta/alpha version and the new WoD version.
If I'm not mistaken, and I don't think I am. Even if you don't have WoD you still have all the same files as the people that do have WoD. In short, you should not notice a difference when using carbonite with or without WoD (as long as your playing on official servers that is).

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
Yes it was a huge mistake to continue with the alpha tag for so long, the next stable non-alpha release will be the one for WoD and I won't make the mistake again of sticking to alpha release numbers.
TBH I'm surprised you stuck with it. especially after the paypal incident (cowardly move on their part btw). So if you want to stack alpha releases, have at it; maybe put a sticky that you will be doing that though so people dont get bent out of shape.

Last edited by mjumnito : 10-07-14 at 01:19 PM.

10-07-14, 04:41 PM   #8
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by mjumnito View Post
If I'm not mistaken, and I don't think I am. Even if you don't have WoD you still have all the same files as the people that do have WoD. In short, you should not notice a difference when using carbonite with or without WoD (as long as your playing on official servers that is).
I think that's incorrect. The BETA of WoD has had several API changes, and you couldn't even use Carbonite. I've since gotten a new computer, and I haven't re-installed the BETA, so I don't know if they have backed off on the API changes or not.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I might be the incorrect one here. When WoD goes live, that is.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

10-07-14, 05:29 PM   #9
Sjak
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
I think that's incorrect. The BETA of WoD has had several API changes, and you couldn't even use Carbonite. I've since gotten a new computer, and I haven't re-installed the BETA, so I don't know if they have backed off on the API changes or not.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I might be the incorrect one here. When WoD goes live, that is.
They mean when Warlords is released everyone will be on the same patch regardless of whether they own it; you need to be on the same patch and have the same assets as someone with WoD because otherwise you wouldn't be able to play with them.

10-07-14, 06:49 PM   #10
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Oh, OK. For some odd reason I didn't look at it that way. Just goes to show you.......

10-07-14, 10:52 PM   #11
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
I still haven't had any time to look into the new API's but knowing the amount of changes they made to the mapping system and questing system that i've seen i'm not overly surprised. Right now i'm in the middle of Amish country ohio so I haven't been able to start on it.

But yes, it'll be the same version for everyone, you just won't ever use the maps or information that is updated for WoD.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Instance maps