07-07-16, 10:16 AM   #1
Thrumbar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Nx.Quest inquiry

Was going through the NxQuest.lua and cam across this. Should the be 1, 25 do as the limit was raised to 25 some time ago ???

2995 function Nx.Quest:CalcWatchColors()
2997 -- Nx.QLocColors = { 1,0,0, "QuestWatchR", 0,1,0, "QuestWatchG", .2,.2,1, "QuestWatchB" }
2999 local opts = self.GOpts
3001 local colors = {}
3002 self.QLocColors = colors
3004 local a = Nx.Util_str2a (Nx.qdb.profile.Quest.MapWatchAreaAlpha)
3006 local colMax = Nx.qdb.profile.Quest.MapWatchColorCnt
3007 local colI = 1
3009 for n = 1, 15 do

4624 for n = 1, 15 do

6753 for ln = 1, 15 do

7075 for n = 1, 15 do

7158 for n = 1, 15 do

7497 for n = 1, 15 do

9677 for objn = 1, 15 do

Thrumbar

Last edited by Thrumbar : 07-07-16 at 10:19 AM.
07-12-16, 08:49 PM   #2
JWMcQuire
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I'm using the latest version from Github which shows the quest limit as x/25 on both the quest watch and quest log window title bars.

So I don't see any need to change the code if it already shows up correctly in-game.

P.S.
Also, are you sure this code has to do with the quest limit and not the color settings?

Last edited by JWMcQuire : 07-12-16 at 08:53 PM.
07-12-16, 09:41 PM   #3
Thrumbar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
As far I I read it there is only 12 colors involved in the quest watch. (As viewed in the setting) Though it may be a timing and not the true quest limit. I only thought it involves quest limit as in one of the changes it list Objectives max 15.

Thrumbar

Originally Posted by JWMcQuire View Post
I'm using the latest version from Github which shows the quest limit as x/25 on both the quest watch and quest log window title bars.

So I don't see any need to change the code if it already shows up correctly in-game.

P.S.
Also, are you sure this code has to do with the quest limit and not the color settings?
07-13-16, 09:06 AM   #4
JWMcQuire
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Thanks for clarifying that.

However, I would assume that if Carbonite shows the right data in-game, then I would say it is best not to push any changes unless such changes improve the function of the addon.
07-13-16, 11:01 AM   #5
Thrumbar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
I can understand your point and have closed my pull request. Will reevaluate what I put in future pull request and delay any until after Legion fully launches. Unless it is to fix a issue...

Thrumbar

Originally Posted by JWMcQuire View Post
Thanks for clarifying that.

However, I would assume that if Carbonite shows the right data in-game, then I would say it is best not to push any changes unless such changes improve the function of the addon.
07-13-16, 11:22 AM   #6
JWMcQuire
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Thrumbar View Post
. . . delay any until after Legion fully launches. Unless it is to fix a issue...

Thrumbar
I've decided to hold off too. My most recent pull request was me being bored and wanting to "fix" something that bugged me about the min/max button locations.

I've pretty much gone dry on WoW again, but remain active to do a little fishing and farm apexis crystals to upgrade my soon-to-be outdated gear to get ready for Legion's release.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Quests Module » Nx.Quest inquiry