12-24-09, 01:41 PM   #21
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Okay, here it goes. Pretty simple but just can't fathom that scrolling stuff. My scroll windows in my other addon just used the Slider object but only used it to scroll through lists. I won't be spending much time on this stuff till probably after the new year. My fiance has got some vacation time so its mega Aion levelling time rofl.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mini_ObjectiveFrame.zip (1.8 KB, 718 views)

12-25-09, 03:40 AM   #22
Seer
A Molten Giant
I think I'm in love...

12-25-09, 03:10 PM   #23
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Well, playing with the addon while fiance is at family dinner rofl

Well, looks like my scrollframe code isn't totally at fault but how the watchframe is working with it.

After looking at some code on various sites an Edit Box control has frequently been used as a scroll child. My code is identical functionality wise so thought I would try the edit box out to see if it scrolls. And it does.

The downside is that it is somehow too narrow. Barring that though, it looks like I need to find out if the WatchFrame is repeatedly redrawing itself and ignoring any parent frame it is supposed to be working with.

Well, figured out the width thing .. now to figure out why the watchframe won't react the same way.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_122509_210704.jpg
Views:	753
Size:	247.6 KB
ID:	3762  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_122509_211329.jpg
Views:	772
Size:	269.9 KB
ID:	3763  

Last edited by Xrystal : 12-25-09 at 03:14 PM.

12-25-09, 03:31 PM   #24
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Woot, getting there

What I had to do was ignore setting up a scrollchild frame and parenting that to the watch frame but tell the watchframe to be the scrollchild itself. It needs some more work though but definitely an improvement

Edit: Okay, maybe not working quite the way I'd hoped

Edit 2 : One step nearer.

Frame 1 = Standard Container Frame parented to UIParent
Frame 2 = ScrollFrame parented to Frame1
Frame 3 = WatchFrame parented to Frame2 and set to ScrollChild

Will mean that there is a gap around the watchframe to the container frame but still not properly working as moving the container frame just highlights a different part of the watchframe as if you were scrolling.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_122509_213009.jpg
Views:	764
Size:	246.7 KB
ID:	3764  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_122509_213514.jpg
Views:	766
Size:	231.8 KB
ID:	3765  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_122509_225932.jpg
Views:	764
Size:	214.2 KB
ID:	3766  

Last edited by Xrystal : 12-25-09 at 05:00 PM.

12-25-09, 05:36 PM   #25
Seer
A Molten Giant
You really like that wall in the inn don't ya ?

Have you looked how it works out when you have a quest that has an useable thingie in the inventory ?

Oh and;
[chanting]We want beta addon ! We want beta addon ! We want beta addon ! We want beta addon !

(Might be the best nUI plug in evah , no pressure tho)

12-25-09, 05:49 PM   #26
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Rofl, once it does what it should do at minimum I'll throw it out there for you to test

Theory is that once I get it working as a standalone addon I can easily plug it into an infopanel

And nope, not got any quests on my lowbies that use items. And those dratted icon thingies on the left keep disappearing on me due to the fact they are positioned outside of the WatchFrame it seems.

But I did manage to add the max of 10 objectives without it kicking up a fuss about space So tons of stuff to test the scrolling and display for. Just have to figure out why it refuses to confine its 640 height inside the scroll frame rofl.

I would guess though that the item icons appear on the right hand side as for the life of me I cannot get the writing to fill out rofl. Forgot all about clickable quest item icons on there

12-26-09, 07:49 AM   #27
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Xrystal - can I have your babies?

Marth

12-26-09, 08:04 AM   #28
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
rofl, that would be a bit difficult seeing as I would be the one having babies :P If I wanted to rofl

12-26-09, 10:30 AM   #29
whereswaldo
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

And her fiance would probably object

12-26-09, 10:51 AM   #30
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
That too

01-04-10, 08:05 AM   #31
whereswaldo
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Hey, Xrystal. Did you get any farther with this infopanel?? Inquiring minds want to know...

01-04-10, 05:00 PM   #32
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Not yet, fiance has been on vacation until today and today I had an appointment for a new course then came back and slept for almost 12 hours rofl.

I'll be trying to tackle that and anything else I stumble across over the next week or two, or three rofl.

01-20-10, 01:57 PM   #33
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Well, just in case nUI was exacerbating the issue I made a virgin copy of wow and just had this mini objectives frame addon loaded up. Pretty much rewrote the code with a bit of help from the code Scott posted and one I googled and between the two I managed to get it kinda working the way I expected without nUI loaded. The first screen shot shows it working even if dragged to the bottom of the screen it still keeps the position you had scrolled it to instead of autoscrolling as it did before. The only bugbear I have spotted with this version is that it stops moving the scroll bar on the last segment but takes note of how long you scroll with the mouse and it will take that long to scroll back up to where the quests are. Despite the scrollbar not moving at all once it doesn't have anything else to scroll.

Screenshot 2 shows how nUI deals with it. After some fiddling around with where the nUI mover code needs to go and get refreshed everything seems fine until you move the frame to near the dashboard. I suspect the viewport changes in nUI are affecting the UIParent edge for the frame and its confusing things.

Also, I noticed something unrelated but what I was using for testing not working as normal wow does. Look at the micromenu buttons. Even my level 5 characters in virign wow can click on achievements but nUI doesn't let you.

I've added the 2 versions of the addon for people to play around with as they choose. Scott, when you get 5 seconds somewhere in your busy schedule if you can confirm whether my suspicions are correct above the Viewport messing with the frame movement results.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_012010_191736.jpg
Views:	743
Size:	363.6 KB
ID:	3861  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_012010_194826.jpg
Views:	754
Size:	316.2 KB
ID:	3864  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mini_ObjectiveFrame in nUI.zip (1.7 KB, 722 views)
File Type: zip Mini_ObjectiveFrame in Virgin WoW.zip (1.7 KB, 703 views)

01-21-10, 01:01 AM   #34
Seer
A Molten Giant
Thanks wonderwoman, going to try it out later today

01-21-10, 05:27 AM   #35
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Gee... I wonder.... does she wear that tight fitting outfit too?

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

01-21-10, 05:28 AM   #36
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Rofl, if I wore that type of outfit it would be tight .. and not a good sight .. rofl. And even if I was 'fit' to wear it I wouldn't rofl. Heck, even when I had my numerous swimming lessons as youngster I never wore a bikini rofl.

01-21-10, 05:36 AM   #37
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Oh yeah Scott. I've not figured it out yet but is there a way for me to say temporarily disable the tracker from being controlled by nUI and re-enable it.

If so, perhaps I could disable it on login and enable it on logout. Thus, I could pretty much use my basic addon without the nUI related stuff which is the working model and then if I re-enable it on logout if they later chose to remove the plugin they would be none the wiser *crosses fingers*.

Then of course I could handle it like any other non nUI addon that is placed in an infopanel.

01-21-10, 06:23 AM   #38
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Well... not really a way to do it on login. But if you don't put your plugin in the table of info panel plugins, nUI will ignore it, or you can just set "enabled" to false which will also cause nUI to ignore it.

nUI processes that table when the VARIABLES_LOADED event fires and when it does, it puts the data into several other tables that are used to control the list of info panels, the rotation order, etc. So in nUI5 there's no way to unwind that... you can only prevent it from happening in the first place.

That said -- if your only interest is in preventing the info panel from being shown or hidden by the rotation button, you can be sneaky about that. In the plugin.initPanel() method, you can skip the call to SetParent( plugin.container ) that you use to have your addon be controlled by the container itself which would prevent the info panel button from being able to show/hide your plugin... but all of the method calls would still be made for things like plugin.setScale() etc.

01-21-10, 07:12 AM   #39
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Ah, thats not the problem Scott.
The code at present isn't as a plugin but it doesn't work properly if nUI is active. Without nUI it is doing exactly what I want it to do. All I can think of is that the little bit of control that nUI has over the watchframe is messing it up somewhere. So I was wondering if there was a programmatic way I can tell nUI to forget it knows about the watchframe so that my addon will work but in case people change their mind about the addon nUI can recontrol the watchframe as before.

In particular in non nUI you can drag the frame anywhere on the screen and it only changes the display when right at the bottom of the screen as it realises it cannot display all of tracked item 3 due to space limitations. However in nUI that happens when the frame is dragged down only as far as the dashboard.

But then again, it is possible once I infopanel frame it, it won't have that problem. Hmm, yes, think I'll try that later on when I get back from my job searching tasks.

01-21-10, 07:29 AM   #40
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Ah -- okay -- there are two things that are at play there -- in the [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > Integration > nUI_Minimap.lua ] file (if memory serves me correctly -- I'm at work and can't look) there's a function at the bottom of the file called ResetWatch() or something to that effect. You could stub that function out in your plugin by replacing it with an empty function in your own code.

So if my function is

nUI.ResetWatch = function()

do this;
do that;

end

you would declare the same thing in your plugin...

nUI.ResetWatch = function()
end

That would prevent nUI from modifying the object frame itself (size, location, etc.). The other thing you would have to do is to unlock the frame using the nUI_Movers function. I believe the appropriate place for that would be in the plugin's init method.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Customization » nUI: Developer Chat » Quest Tracker Info Panel