07-27-09, 01:50 PM   #1
ybe
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Post MessageBoard - Ingame forum-addon

MessageBoard (link)
(it's finally ready)

What is it?
MessageBoard is a 100% WoW addon that provides a guild-forum. Yes, a forum like the one you are reading right now.
There is no special needs at all. No web-server needed. No external software. No characters in WoW to be used as "servers". Nothing. Just install and play.
Requirements are:
o Install the addon
o Be a member of a guild
This is as easy as it gets

What can it do?
MessageBoard supports basic forum functionality. Extremely short; it has topics, messages, and avatars.
Topics can be either an announcement, sticky, or normal. This affects the sort-order as it would in a web-based forum.
Messages supports clickable item-links. These are inserted by dropping an item in the text-editor.
Messages can be any length.
Messages can be edited and deleted by its author and administrators.
Notifies of new messages by changing minimap-icon colour.

What's the catch?
Not much, actually. Basically, it's this:
1. When you log in, you must allow it 2-3 minutes to update any potential new messages.
2. Old messages will have to be deleted to keep memory usage at a sensible level. This is done automatically by message-count, and the setting for number of messages is controlled by an administrator.

What do I want?
A) Some feedback from people who are actually using it in a variety of situations and configurations. This is a very difficult addon to debug and test because of its rather complex build-up. It needs lots of people to run it in all the ways I cannot possibly think of.
B) Translators. If you're interested, let me know.

Sorry for the big image, but I couldn't change its size online

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » MessageBoard - Ingame forum-addon