04-11-09, 07:41 AM   #1
darkpup
A Defias Bandit
ui+ targeting by klikking the target

hi all
i have been testing ui+ for a few days now , and i must say , i like what i see
the only thing i got a problem with is ,, i am a klikker , i always klik on a target to target it
if the target is above half my screen , i cant target it
hm ,, its kinda hard to explain in english for its not my native language
i know , tab , take the closest target , but first target aint always the closest
i kinda have to look up to be able to klik target ,
it can be anoying sometimes
but hey until now , its stil the best ui i have tryed , and i tryed alot of them

04-11-09, 08:37 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I am a click targetter too but do not recall having any problems like that. To make things easier in a raid situation I usually click on one of the raid members and target their target or like you said tab through until the icon we are supposed to be killing first appears.

04-11-09, 11:43 AM   #3
darkpup
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
I am a click targetter too but do not recall having any problems like that. To make things easier in a raid situation I usually click on one of the raid members and target their target or like you said tab through until the icon we are supposed to be killing first appears.

lets say the last boss in up , if i stand at the stairs in front of him , where you pull the last trash mobs , if i look straight forward , i cant klik him , i wil have to look up alittle to be able to klik target

i know how to use target of team members ofc
its like there is a boxx under the hud thingie on topin that boxx , i cant target or even open a chest or so

04-11-09, 01:44 PM   #4
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

maybe post a screen shot indicating where your having an issue with clicking? Also you can set the top console to off or mouseover by typing
/nui console off or mouse
don't know if that's what you were talking about though

04-11-09, 02:03 PM   #5
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

It sounds like he's having a click blocked by an invisable object. If not, please ignore .

Use the script to see if an object (name, type, etc..) is under your mouse, you may want to try that to see what is blocking your mouse from targeting in that location.

I think I found the script

mouseover the frame you want to find, and type
/print GetMouseFocus():GetName()

If it lists a frame name in chat, you know the problem.

04-11-09, 07:14 PM   #6
spiel2001
nUI's Author

This does almost have to be some invisible frame that is interfering with your ability to click in an area of the screen and nUI has no hidden frames above the top of the dashboard. It might be a leftover from an old mod?

Try disabling all of your mods except nUI... can you click in that dead area now?

As was posted before, if you can, take a screen shot and mark on it where it is that you can't click... it might help us figure it out.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

04-14-09, 03:43 AM   #7
viorica
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by darkpup View Post
hi all

if the target is above half my screen , i cant target it

Hello all
i just installed nui+ and have some issues also. for me i cant target myself. i can target anything, but i cant click on my own bum and target myself. what is okay - and solved with some extra mouse moving "clicking on my portrait" - but had a serious 3 time issue in raid when should had release the mind controlled deathknight understudy and release mindcontrol after every 2nd taunt but i couldnt target it (myself in that case)

so if its me or controlled character by myself - i cant target it by clicking.

thanks for read and help

04-14-09, 03:44 AM   #8
viorica
A Murloc Raider
<-- a kobold labourer roflmao !! thx :P sweet :P DD

04-14-09, 06:44 AM   #9
spiel2001
nUI's Author

To the best of my knowledge, the only way to target yourself is to click on your unit frame.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

04-14-09, 06:59 AM   #10
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
When I do that deathknight mind control I find it alot easier to rig up a focus mind control macro, shield and taunt macro and release macro ( for when the release button doesn't work). These have worked wonders in completing that fight.

Originally Posted by viorica View Post
Hello all
i just installed nui+ and have some issues also. for me i cant target myself. i can target anything, but i cant click on my own bum and target myself. what is okay - and solved with some extra mouse moving "clicking on my portrait" - but had a serious 3 time issue in raid when should had release the mind controlled deathknight understudy and release mindcontrol after every 2nd taunt but i couldnt target it (myself in that case)

so if its me or controlled character by myself - i cant target it by clicking.

thanks for read and help

04-15-09, 01:58 AM   #11
viorica
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
When I do that deathknight mind control I find it alot easier to rig up a focus mind control macro, shield and taunt macro and release macro ( for when the release button doesn't work). These have worked wonders in completing that fight.
thank you a lot, will try it this way

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » ui+ targeting by klikking the target