08-09-19, 09:24 AM   #1
bsmorgan
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Minion and WoW Classic

I have no faith in Twitch being able to cope with the separation of _retail_ and _classic_ addons so I'm looking at switching to Minion to manage my updates.

It doesn't appear that Minion currently has support for both _retail_ and _classic_ so I'm asking if there are plans to do so and if a time frame has been established?
08-09-19, 12:14 PM   #2
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Minion can support anything you want it just doesn't auto detect _classic_ at the moment.

Press the big [+] sign and navigate to your classic addon folder and add it. Then right click the new World of Warcraft game it just added to the list on the left and rename it to WoW Classic or anything you like.

Then when installing AddOns under the Find tab just make sure to choose the classic category

Last edited by Dolby : 08-09-19 at 12:34 PM.
08-10-19, 10:47 AM   #3
gigaeu
A Kobold Labourer
Nothing happens when i navigate to the addons folder. After i click on chose folder Minion goes back to "Select a game and find the AddOn folder"
08-10-19, 02:53 PM   #4
Xeldheir
A Murloc Raider
I had had really mixed results with Minion and WoW Classic thus far.. I have tried both the 64-bit and 32-bit and am still having issues..

If I download an addon from Minion, it shows up within my Installed addons for that session, once I close Minion and open it again, Minion stops detecting that you have it installed. For instance, I have DBM Classic installed, if I look for it in Find More, it is marked as Installed. However, in my Installed, all I see are two addons and a bunch of others are missing.

Its like something is missing from the folders of addons that Minion is looking for but can't find?
08-13-19, 10:56 AM   #5
lightsourced
A Kobold Labourer

I'm also having issues... the path is correct in Minion however the addon window is blank and when I click on Find More it's also blank. When I switch to ESO, it works perfectly fine. Here are some screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/tCIG3cc
08-24-19, 03:11 PM   #6
Fedaygin
A Murloc Raider

Same Problem with Minion Client :/

Originally Posted by lightsourced View Post
I'm also having issues... the path is correct in Minion however the addon window is blank and when I click on Find More it's also blank. When I switch to ESO, it works perfectly fine. Here are some screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/tCIG3cc
Yeah i've had the same for longer than a month :/ I would love to use Minion to backup things & DL. Those few cosmetic addons that won't speed up my char's progression. So no task markers on map or prof. related nodes showing up & so on. Hope Minion client be fixed soon <3 UPDATE: Now been using Twitch's Desktop app & happy with it. Soon all from there move to Overwolf so hoping that things work out well in there. Good path ahead to everyone & enjoy gaming. Hope TBC Re-Release comes, but without dumb Simplifcations like Flying etc.
​"Recycle & Use Fabric Groceries Bag" Join to Surveys group. You're helping economy by doing so & be rewarded. Fill your profile & be honest with answers. Twice a month i've received five bucks. Now while staying more at home is time to fill some 🧐 https://bit.ly/3cQscQt

Check & Share Around Wicked Wide Web: http://docs.google.com/document/d/e/...nIcC0f3sqD/pub

Last edited by Fedaygin : 08-20-20 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Updated info about Client.
08-26-19, 03:16 PM   #7
Jetah
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Minion can support anything you want it just doesn't auto detect _classic_ at the moment.

Press the big [+] sign and navigate to your classic addon folder and add it. Then right click the new World of Warcraft game it just added to the list on the left and rename it to WoW Classic or anything you like.

Then when installing AddOns under the Find tab just make sure to choose the classic category
would be better, for us, if the version had classic so we could sort by the category.
08-27-19, 11:34 AM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Jetah View Post
would be better, for us, if the version had classic so we could sort by the category.
What do you mean? What version? Are you talking about the version of Minion? Because it works just as Dolby described. If you mean the version numbers of addons, that is totally up to each individual addon author.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-28-19, 12:04 PM   #9
JDoubleU00
A Firelord

I might be misunderstanding, but I believe he means categories like bags & inventory, or character advancement.
08-28-19, 12:41 PM   #10
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by JDoubleU00 View Post
I might be misunderstanding, but I believe he means categories like bags & inventory, or character advancement.
If so, my understanding was that we would have a single Classic category first with it splitting up as the need arises.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Minion and WoW Classic