09-24-10, 09:34 AM   #1
Kitjan
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Character names w accented letters & SavedVariables

My addon currently uses per-character saved variables. I have a couple of users whose saved settings aren't working. The settings save (so it's not a permissions issue), but they save to a directory which doesn't quite match the name of the character. For example, the character is named Underdög, but the settings get written to Underdog.

I had that user use ProcessMonitor to watch wow starting up and shutting down, and I can see wow scanning the WTF folders. It finds Underdog\SavedVariables\*, but does not read any of them. When wow quits, it then writes that all back out.

I had the other one try creating a NTFS junction with the correctly spelled character name, but WoW still didn't load the settings.

This seems to be some issue with the way Windows is installed for those users. (One of them is using Hungarian Win 7, I don't know about the others)

Anyone seen something like this? Any idea how to correct it? I made a character with a funny name and it worked just fine for me.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Tech Chat » Character names w accented letters & SavedVariables