10-05-12, 07:23 PM   #1
Pennet
An Aku'mai Servant
Minimap docking and undocking repeatedly

I'm having a strange problem across all my toons that I don't remember having in the past. When I'm doing quests and have the auto-track on, and there's a rubber band going to a quest spot outside the minimap's radius, it seems like Carbonite can't decide whether to keep the minimap circle centered on my arrow or dock it. It will swap back and forth seemingly at random as I run toward that quest marker, until the quest marker makes it inside (or close to) the minimap's radius, at which point the circle will snap to center on me and grow to fill the map box as normal. Just now I had a quest that was indicated to be 180 yards away, and the minimap swapped between centered on me and docked 4x as I ran that distance.

As I said, I don't recall having seen this before, but I'm wondering if there's something that got messed up in the settings somehow to cause this weird behavior. It does not seem confined to any one character or zone. It happens across all four toons I'm currently leveling/questing on, and I have seen it in all of Pandaria, as well as Elwynn Forest while doing pet battles on my main, and on the Wandering Isle on my baby monk.

Any input appreciated.

10-09-12, 11:49 AM   #2
eqsanctum
The Great Equalizer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Pennet View Post
I'm having a strange problem across all my toons that I don't remember having in the past. When I'm doing quests and have the auto-track on, and there's a rubber band going to a quest spot outside the minimap's radius, it seems like Carbonite can't decide whether to keep the minimap circle centered on my arrow or dock it. It will swap back and forth seemingly at random as I run toward that quest marker, until the quest marker makes it inside (or close to) the minimap's radius, at which point the circle will snap to center on me and grow to fill the map box as normal. Just now I had a quest that was indicated to be 180 yards away, and the minimap swapped between centered on me and docked 4x as I ran that distance.

As I said, I don't recall having seen this before, but I'm wondering if there's something that got messed up in the settings somehow to cause this weird behavior. It does not seem confined to any one character or zone. It happens across all four toons I'm currently leveling/questing on, and I have seen it in all of Pandaria, as well as Elwynn Forest while doing pet battles on my main, and on the Wandering Isle on my baby monk.

Any input appreciated.
I can confirm this as a phasing/CRZ error. What happens is the quest giver temp "poofs" or is dynamically unloaded from the map then reloaded in your wow cache.

10-10-12, 08:58 AM   #3
Pennet
An Aku'mai Servant
I've seen the behavior you're referring to, where the map kinda goes "crazy" for a time. My issue is not exactly the same, though the two may be related. In my issue, the map stays the same, just that the minimap circle hops from "around me" to docked and back again, as if Carbonite can't decide how to display it. When this happens, the map that's displayed doesn't change, just the minimap circle.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Minimap docking and undocking repeatedly