01-17-10, 12:33 PM   #61
theiven
A Defias Bandit
follow up question from #58

This post is a following question from my earlier post #57 and wurmfoods response #58

I did everything exactly as you described and in doing so figured out what was going on for the most part .
I had to fix a couple typos but in the end I was able to get everything working sorta as I wanted.
But I wanted the bags in the bank, so I decided to figure out how to do it on my own.

I found the place where the bank bags were being created. And copied the code from one of them but replacing the filter info from it with the filter info from my Mining filter.

Since I could not find filters specific to bankbags any where, and the names of the filters in the existing bankbag spones were the same as in the regular bank spones.

I figured you could use the same filters for both.
Anyway I created an entry in localization.lua for my bank bag, made no changes to the filters.lua and created a bag and spone point in cargBags_Nivaya.lua

Im posting the info from the cargBags_Nivaya.lua along with the line #s where I put them, and the error I am getting.
If anyone can tell me where I'm going wrong I would be grateful
I have went over this MANY times and I cant figure out whats wrong.

sorry I cant figure out how to make one of the scrolling windows many of you have in your posts so I'll past hear

this is my bankbag it starts on line #83

local t = cargBags:Spawn("cBniv_BankMining")
t:SetFilter(cB_Filters.fBank, true)
t:SetFilter(cB_Filters.fBankFilter, true)
t:setFilter(cB_Filters.fMining, true) -- this is line #86
cB_Bags.bankMining = t

And this is the error I"m getting from chat in game.

interface/addons/cargBags_Nivaya/cargBags_Nivaya.lua :86: atempt to call method 'setFilter' (a nil value)

and this is my spone info from line #192

createAnchorInfo(cB_Bags.bankMining, cB_Bags.bankQuest, "Bottom")

this is my filter and line #s and as I said it works fine with the normal bag

--Mining filter
cB_Filters.fMining = function(item)
local tC = cBniv_CatInfo[item.name]
if tC then return (tC == "cBniv_Mining") and true or false end
return (item.type and item.type == L.Trades) and (item.subType == "Metal & Stone")
end

and finnaly this in the localization info I added on line 195 in the localization.lua

["cBniv_BankMining"] = "Mining",

If anyone can help but needs more info .. or difrent info .. please tell me what you need thnks ether way to wurmfood for his respons it set me of on the right foot
01-18-10, 08:09 AM   #62
Quokka
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
How would I setup this line

Code:
bankToggle:SetScript("OnClick", function(self) ToggleFrame(cB_Gnomed_Bank) (cB_Gnomed_Bank-Gear) (cB_Gnomed_Bank-Cons) end)
It needs to toggle all 3 frames

cB_Gnomed_Bank
cB_Gnomed_Bank-Gear
cB_Gnomed_Bank-Cons

thanks
01-18-10, 09:05 AM   #63
xConStruct
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

@theiven:
Code:
    t:SetFilter(cB_Filters.fBank, true)
    t:SetFilter(cB_Filters.fBankFilter, true)
    t:setFilter(cB_Filters.fMining, true)     -- this is line #86
    cB_Bags.bankMining = t
Typo: You spelled the last function with a small 's' instead of a capital 'S'. That's also the cause of the error message.

@Quokka:
Code:
bankToggle:SetScript("OnClick", function(self)
    ToggleFrame(cB_Gnomed_Bank)
    ToggleFrame(cB_Gnomed_Bank-Gear)
    ToggleFrame(cB_Gnomed_Bank-Cons)
end)
You need to add the ToggleFrame-function before each bag frame.

Oh hai!
06-20-10, 08:35 PM   #64
Phlanax
A Defias Bandit
Whats the command to open this addon gui if any? Shouldn't it appear to have this addon's default design the moment I log onto my character with this addon enabled?

I don't see anything at all. No GUI, don't know the / command, no icon around minimap, and no hot keys.

Yes this addon been added to my addon folder and enabled it.
06-20-10, 08:44 PM   #65
xConStruct
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

There is no GUI, no slash-command, no minimap-button, no hot-key - and most important: no default layout

You need to download one of the layouts (or some other addon which embeds cargBags). These could maybe have their own config GUI / slash-command, depending on the author.
cargBags by itself does nothing, just provides functionality for other addons/layouts.

Oh hai!
06-20-10, 09:00 PM   #66
Manube
A Murloc Raider
Multiple sorting

Before I dig too deep, would it be possible to create a new bag for each set of gear in the blizzard equip manager. also for the consumables bag would it be possible to filter potions from flasks from food.... you get the idea.

Thanks.
06-21-10, 07:05 AM   #67
xConStruct
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I never worked with the Blizz equipment manager, but I think it would be possible - gBags already filters the items which are used in some equipment set, although they all go in one bag and not in multiple. But I guess you could somehow extend this.

Filtering for these so called "subType"s is supported, you can access them via item.subType == "Flask". You can find a complete list of types/subTypes here. Notice that they are localized.

Oh hai!
06-21-10, 09:16 AM   #68
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Could you make the 'cargBags' part in the global name optional?
Like, if the user doesnt provide a name with :NewImplementation()'s first argument, it should use 'cargBags' as the global name, but but the user provides a name it should use that (and only that) instead.
06-21-10, 11:12 AM   #69
xConStruct
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

The implementation-name won't be optional - to prevent confusing people and teaching bad habits. "cargBags" should just be the name of the framework, after all.
Forcing an implementation name is also really necessary if you have multiple layouts running, I want to make sure there is no interference possible.

But I'm going to drop the "cargBags"-prefix in the global implementation name, as you suggested. It's already far too long

------

Btw, I may write a plugin for the Blizz equipment manager. And maybe also provide a localization-table for all subTypes ... but that's just a thought.

Oh hai!
06-21-10, 11:21 AM   #70
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Cargor View Post
The implementation-name won't be optional - to prevent confusing people and teaching bad habits. "cargBags" should just be the name of the framework, after all.
Forcing an implementation name is also really necessary if you have multiple layouts running, I want to make sure there is no interference possible.

But I'm going to drop the "cargBags"-prefix in the global implementation name, as you suggested. It's already far too long
Removing the prefix is good enough for me, thanks
09-23-10, 06:31 PM   #71
animalmom
A Kobold Labourer
Apologies for basic silly question. I started using cargbags quite a long time ago but havent been able to get it to work in 6 months or so (I used Gnomed).

I honestly dont play WoW anymore because of it

Anyway every few months I load up WoW and try to get CB working but never can and then go play somethign else (like startcraft 2).

I removed all my cargbags files, downloaded most recent version, and tried again. No luck.

Is there something basic and stilly I need to do like "turn it on
" now.

I tried Nivaya as well and removed the base cargbags as instructed. No luck.

Please help.

To be specific this is what I do:

I download cargbags and drop into my interface folder.

I download gnomed and drop into my interface folder

This is all i used to do. I realize I need to L2P but will really appreciate help.
09-23-10, 06:34 PM   #72
sacrife
An Onyxian Warder

Cargbags_gnomed uses an old version of cargbags, so downloading the latest cargbags will result in error.

Cargbags_nivaya has cargbags built in so you do NOT need cargags aswell and thus it will error.

This information is found in the addon description and you should have no trouble finding it.

So my recommendation is to read the instructions/descriptions properly and download cargbags_nivaya without anything else.

09-23-10, 06:43 PM   #73
xConStruct
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

You don't play WoW because of cargBags? :O

Well, I admit the versioning is kinda confusing at the moment, because the big 2.0 update was released a few weeks ago and not all layouts are updated (1.x layouts are not compatible with 2.x). And most 2.x-layouts actually come with cargBags included, while the 1.x ones still need it separately.

What this means for you? Depends on the layout:
- Gnomed is still stuck at 1.x at the moment, so you need cB downloaded separately. Of course the cB 1.3 version, not the 2.x (you can get it from the archived tab)
- Nivaya is for 2.x and comes with cB bundled - just download it, place it in your addon-folder and it should work (if not blame the author )

When all layouts update to 2.x, you hopefully never have to care about cargBags again, because it's just for the layout authors.

Oh hai!
10-04-10, 03:26 AM   #74
Luzzifus
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

- Nivaya is for 2.x and comes with cB bundled - just download it, place it in your addon-folder and it should work (if not blame the author )
Yeah, go on, blame me. I had it coming.

Check your addon list at the character selection and make sure its active. Also enable lua error messages and see if you get some (those could actually help the one to blame with solving your problem).
11-05-10, 08:37 AM   #75
neverg
A Frostmaul Preserver

Hey cargor, great addon by the way. I'm making a layout based on Simplicity examples, monoBags and gBags and going well so far, only problem I've found so fair is the currencies tags. It gives an error when tracking any kind of currency:

This is the error:

lua Code:
  1. Message: Interface\AddOns\lumBags\plugins\tagDisplay.lua:84: bad argument #1 to 'format' (string expected, got nil)
  2. Time: 11/05/10 14:36:18
  3. Count: 1
  4. Stack: [C]: in function `format'
  5. Interface\AddOns\lumBags\plugins\tagDisplay.lua:84: in function <Interface\AddOns\lumBags\plugins\tagDisplay.lua:80>
  6. Interface\AddOns\lumBags\plugins\tagDisplay.lua:134: in function `currency'
  7. Interface\AddOns\lumBags\plugins\tagDisplay.lua:142: in function `?'
  8. Interface\AddOns\lumBags\plugins\tagDisplay.lua:42: in function <Interface\AddOns\lumBags\plugins\tagDisplay.lua:42>
  9. [C]: in function `gsub'
  10. Interface\AddOns\lumBags\plugins\tagDisplay.lua:47: in function `func'
  11. Interface\AddOns\lumBags\base\implementation.lua:217: in function `OnEvent'
  12. Interface\AddOns\lumBags\base\implementation.lua:74: in function `?'
  13. Interface\AddOns\lumBags\base\core.lua:131: in function <Interface\AddOns\lumBags\base\core.lua:131>
  14. [C]: in function `Show'
  15. Interface\AddOns\lumBags\base\implementation.lua:96: in function `Toggle'
  16. Interface\AddOns\lumBags\base\core.lua:67: in function `ToggleBackpack'
  17. [string "TOGGLEBACKPACK"]:1: in function <[string "TOGGLEBACKPACK"]:1>
  19. Locals: (*temporary) = ""
  20. (*temporary) = nil
  21. (*temporary) = "16:16:0:0"
  22. (*temporary) = "string expected, got nil"

I'm testing it in the CC Beta btw. This is my progress so far. Nothing fancy. http://cl.ly/37XI

Last edited by neverg : 11-05-10 at 08:39 AM.
11-05-10, 10:14 AM   #76
xConStruct
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I'm in the process of releasing 2.2 - the last thing to do is to update the tag display, so I'll take a look at it this weekend

Oh hai!
11-05-10, 10:18 AM   #77
neverg
A Frostmaul Preserver

I'm in the process of releasing 2.2 - the last thing to do is to update the tag display, so I'll take a look at it this weekend
Ah thanks! And thx for the fast reply!
11-10-10, 10:57 PM   #78
neverg
A Frostmaul Preserver

I've read in your addon page that you are not sure if you are comming back to WoW, that's a shame, for several reasons and for the loss of a great coder to the community, cargBags is awesome. I hope you change your mind and if don't, I hope someone takes on cargBags.

I have a question, might be simple.

I'm writing a Gold tooltip for my cargBags layout. The thing is I want to make a OnEnter script to show it only when above the Gold Tag. Is that possible? Or do I have to target the container frame?

Thanks.
11-11-10, 02:09 AM   #79
xConStruct
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

You could create an invisible frame which has the same position as the tag and then set the OnEnter()-script on this. E.g:
Code:
local enterFrame = CreateFrame("Frame", nil, self)
enterFrame:SetAllPoints(myTagDisplay)
enterFrame:SetScript("OnEnter", myEnterScript)

Oh hai!
11-11-10, 07:37 AM   #80
neverg
A Frostmaul Preserver

Thanks mate, that's logic, Will do that.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » cargBags - Help & Discussion