10-16-10, 06:07 PM   #41
starlon
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
v1.3.8 is the first official non-beta release of StarTip.

Two new lines were added: gender and effects. Effects shows things like polymorphed, disarmed, etc...

Legalize WoW gold purchases directly from Blizzard! Yeah, my doctor thinks I'm crazy too. >.<

"It was either going to school for programming or working at the Genetically Modified Wildlife Preserve. I've always had a love for the wildlife, but technology won out in the end."

Note: If you know of a library that you want to make available in your own scripts. let me know and I'll see about writing a plugin for it.

LCD4WoW
06-18-11, 04:42 PM   #42
starlon
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
While I'm tinkering with my addons, I thought I'd mention that StarTip's been setup to handle translations. All that's left are the translations themselves. If you're feeling up to it, please take a look at these two pages. Send me a PM if something doesn't make sense.

http://www.wowace.com/addons/startip/localization/

http://www.wowace.com/addons/libscri.../localization/

Legalize WoW gold purchases directly from Blizzard! Yeah, my doctor thinks I'm crazy too. >.<

"It was either going to school for programming or working at the Genetically Modified Wildlife Preserve. I've always had a love for the wildlife, but technology won out in the end."

Note: If you know of a library that you want to make available in your own scripts. let me know and I'll see about writing a plugin for it.

LCD4WoW
07-05-11, 07:55 AM   #43
starlon
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Just a heads up. I'm back to playing WoW, so I've picked StarTip up again; and wow there were a lot of bugs! I've cleaned it up some of the bugs, and I've gutted the addon in some ways. No longer will it molest the original WoW UI GameTooltip. The addon merely hides the GameTooltip offscreen, and instead presents a fake tooltip based on LibQTip.

I'm liking how this is turning out. It should play nicely along-side other addons like MyRolePlay, which largely modifies the GameTooltip in various ways. StarTip offers the option of positioning the GameTooltip next to the fake tooltip, so you won't lose access to your other tooltip addons.

I'm pretty well excited about this. LibQTip is truly an amazing library, and I only regret not doing this sooner.

LCD4WoW
07-05-11, 11:26 AM   #44
Verttex
Super Monkey

Originally Posted by starlon View Post
Just a heads up. I'm back to playing WoW, so I've picked StarTip up again; and wow there were a lot of bugs! I've cleaned it up some of the bugs, and I've gutted the addon in some ways. No longer will it molest the original WoW UI GameTooltip. The addon merely hides the GameTooltip offscreen, and instead presents a fake tooltip based on LibQTip.

I'm liking how this is turning out. It should play nicely along-side other addons like MyRolePlay, which largely modifies the GameTooltip in various ways. StarTip offers the option of positioning the GameTooltip next to the fake tooltip, so you won't lose access to your other tooltip addons.

I'm pretty well excited about this. LibQTip is truly an amazing library, and I only regret not doing this sooner.
Awesome job dude! Just downloaded this with LUI and my UI is _ALMOST_ (never will be) perfect.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » StarTip