11-25-05, 03:32 PM   #21
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by TazGolem
Have to say I love Group Heal .

But any chance of adding pet heal buttons in the future.

Thanks.
It is something I have considered, but I can't make any promises on when/if it will happen.

Definately not before the holidays anyways.
11-25-05, 03:46 PM   #22
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by jure
Question: does the "cooldown indicator" consider the following points?
- PW:S cooldown
- PW:S "damage absorb" remaining
- Soul Weakness cooldown
My original plan was it to be based on the Soul Weakness debuff, but then I found out that there is a talent to decrease the duration of that debuff, which means that any timing mechanism wouldn't be reliable.
I will probably have to settle for a visual indication of whether or not the target can recieve PW:S.

- I think that Renew need a "duration indicator"
The problem here is that if renew is cast on the target by another priest before it wears off then the timer will become inaccurate. Personally, I use another AddOn that displays my party member's buff beneath their unit frame.

- Icons must consider the player's amount of mana. Example: i have 300 mana and my target needs a Greater Heal. The GE icon appair, but i can't cast it cause i haven't enough mana. But with 300 mana i could cast "Heal"! I know that's a hard point: is more important show the greater heal needed or the greater heal castable? Maybe the solution is show the greater heal needed by target, but with some indicators (color, symbol, letter, ...) that means "impossible cast any healing spell" and " cast a lower healing spell than the showed one". Another solution is let the player customize this.
I have considered scaling down the rank used by the button if you were low on mana, but I eventually decided against it, as I would perfer to wait on my mana regen and cast lower ranks manually if I have to. Thus the extra action bar on the right side of my screen contains most ranks of my HT spell. I will consider adding a setting to change the rank selection to take mana into account.

IMHO THIS MOD IS THE BEST PRIEST'S CHOICE!
Thank you, please remember to rate it.
11-27-05, 11:10 AM   #23
Adahma
A Murloc Raider
Perl Classic Unit Frames

Is there any plans to support the Perl Classic Unit Frames in the future?

Adahma
11-28-05, 12:47 AM   #24
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Adahma
Is there any plans to support the Perl Classic Unit Frames in the future?
I will include support for Perl Classic Unit Frames in the next version.
11-28-05, 07:44 PM   #25
Adahma
A Murloc Raider
Sweet!!! Thanks a bunch!

Adahma
11-29-05, 09:13 PM   #26
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Copied from File Comments

Originally posted by JenoSidhe
Are any of the buttons moveable adjustable etc. I use the newest Nymbias Perl Unit Frames and no buttons show up for any of the raid. i have tried playing with the settings for button placement as well as size and scale for Nymbia to no avail. Does this mod need to be turned on or soemthign similar additional to being in the addons folder? it seems to be on and the options can be changed and such there are simply no buttons to use
11-29-05, 09:15 PM   #27
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Originally posted by JenoSidhe
Are any of the buttons moveable adjustable etc. I use the newest Nymbias Perl Unit Frames and no buttons show up for any of the raid. i have tried playing with the settings for button placement as well as size and scale for Nymbia to no avail. Does this mod need to be turned on or soemthign similar additional to being in the addons folder? it seems to be on and the options can be changed and such there are simply no buttons to use
The newest version of Nymbia's Perl Unit Frames may have broken my support for the AddOn. I will look into this problem. Is anyone else experiencing problems with the newest version of Nymbia's Perl Frames and GroupHeal?

Edit: I have taken a look at the code for both, and I haven't found an obvious reason for the problem. I cannot test in game at the moment, but could you confirm that RaidHeal is properly installed by typing /raidheal within the game? That command should bring up the RaidHeal settings if RaidHeal is correctly installed and enabled on your system. RaidHeal is included in the zip file that you download GroupHeal in and is in a seperate folder from GroupHeal for performance reasons.

Last edited by Esamynn : 11-29-05 at 09:27 PM.
11-30-05, 10:01 PM   #28
Tigersoul
A Kobold Labourer
Would it be possible to add in addition to the two heals available for the paladin, a click button for Cleanse as well? That would really be amazing and make this a killer mod for paladins all around, I love it because I never have to switch targets and can OT mobs while watching my party's health. I have to use cleanse all the time, but have to switch targets or use way to many steps to get it accomplished, a Cleanse button option in group heal would do the trick. Thanks vm for your time and for groupheal, I'm hoping you may be able to mod it slightly to make it even better. =)

Thanks
12-01-05, 05:42 PM   #29
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Tigersoul
Would it be possible to add in addition to the two heals available for the paladin, a click button for Cleanse as well? That would really be amazing and make this a killer mod for paladins all around, I love it because I never have to switch targets and can OT mobs while watching my party's health. I have to use cleanse all the time, but have to switch targets or use way to many steps to get it accomplished, a Cleanse button option in group heal would do the trick. Thanks vm for your time and for groupheal, I'm hoping you may be able to mod it slightly to make it even better. =)
My intention is to keep GroupHeal focused on healing only, and I do not intend to ever include curing functionality in it. This is because I want to keep GroupHeal focused on the specific job of healing without having to worry about anything else when I am writing it. I also feel that there are better options, provided by other AddOns, for performing curing actions.

That being said, I have been thinking about writing a curing AddOn and if I do that, I will definately ensure that it plays well with GroupHeal. The only thing I can say about a time frame for this is that it will definately not happen this year, but there is always next year.
12-03-05, 12:54 PM   #30
JenoSidhe
A Defias Bandit
About Raidheal and Nymbia not playing Nicely together:

Raid Heal was included it is in its own folder it is installed and I can bring up the options to it without problems. The problem is there are no buttons shwoing anywhere. no matter the scale i use in Nymbias or where i place the frames or what setting i use in raid heal the buttons are never visible. I do have the newest version of Nymbia also so mayb e that is the problem.
12-03-05, 04:47 PM   #31
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Would it be possible for you to post a screenshot of the RaidHeal settings open as well as a few of the Perl Raid group frames visible?
12-03-05, 09:02 PM   #32
JenoSidhe
A Defias Bandit
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...305_214508.jpg
raid panel no options

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...305_214930.jpg
raid panel opne by default

I have tried every option possible with both raidheal and w/ nymbia to no avail they never show up. They stay in the party panel if i chose for it to be there.

I do have CT_Raidassist if that may be the problem but i have tried at least 3 different versions of CTRA also to no avail

So far i am trying to use groupbuttons but yours is a much simpler and much easier option if i can get it to work
12-04-05, 02:34 PM   #33
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Do you have CT_RaidAssist installed and enabled. Currently if you are using both CT_RaidAssist and Nymbia's Perl Unit Frames then the buttons will attach themselves to CT_RaidAssist instead of Perl.

I've actually been meaning to add an option to overcome this limitation.
12-05-05, 12:51 PM   #34
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Version 1.3 Released

/bump for Version 1.3
12-08-05, 11:36 AM   #35
JenoSidhe
A Defias Bandit
yes i realised that that is the problem. I do use CT_RaidAssist. Groupbuttons does teh same thing and connot remmebr positions or fidn the right ones if i am using raidassist and the buttons of wither program.

My question is How do you all NOT us CT_Raidassist??
12-08-05, 02:09 PM   #36
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by JenoSidhe
yes i realised that that is the problem. I do use CT_RaidAssist. Groupbuttons does teh same thing and connot remmebr positions or fidn the right ones if i am using raidassist and the buttons of wither program.

My question is How do you all NOT us CT_Raidassist??
I am planning to add an option to override this default and allow RaidHeal buttons to attach themselves to Perl Raid Frames instead of CT_Raid when you have both installed. This will not happen for a couple of weeks however due to more important matters that I must attend to.

In the meantime, you might consider switching over and using CT_Raid's groups instead of the Perl raid groups so that you can make use of RaidHeal.
12-16-05, 07:15 PM   #37
Nahkohe
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Great mod - one request :) and one question

Love the mod.

One request - an option to report the spell cast to yourself or a channel similar to what BestBuff does. That way I can easily see what rank spell has been cast and tweak the mana saver level correspondingly.

One question - there are three sets of options for the 3 druid spells, player, group, target. It's obvious what the first two do but what about the third ? When I click on a friendly target the three icons don't appear so what do these options do ?

Nahkohe

Last edited by Nahkohe : 12-16-05 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Add more info ...
12-17-05, 04:22 AM   #38
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
One request - an option to report the spell cast to yourself or a channel similar to what BestBuff does. That way I can easily see what rank spell has been cast and tweak the mana saver level correspondingly.
I will add this to my list of things to do. It shouldn't be a tough option to add in.

One question - there are three sets of options for the 3 druid spells, player, group, target. It's obvious what the first two do but what about the third ? When I click on a friendly target the three icons don't appear so what do these options do ?
Currently the target buttons only appear if your target is a member of your group or raid. My intention is to expand their functionality to include all friendly players, but the mana conservation feature will not activate for non-group members.
01-11-06, 01:13 PM   #39
PepperNoodles
A Kobold Labourer
The simplicity of this addon is what makes it golden. The only thing I'd like to be changed is to have the Power Word: Shield icon added (like someone else already mentioned). Aside from that I think it's fookin' perfect. Please don't retire.

Last edited by PepperNoodles : 01-12-06 at 10:04 AM.
01-13-06, 11:02 AM   #40
Meltin
A Defias Bandit
I think this mode is really great, though, i just found a bug :P

i don't know why but it only affects the first player in your party, i'll give you a screenie :P

hope you know how to fix this

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » GroupHeal