03-27-06, 01:34 PM   #21
Elkano
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
debug

Code:
Error: Debug: [14] Die Volksmiliz: lb1 (monster - Plünderer der Defias getötet: 0/15)
--------------------------------------------------
Error: Debug: [14] Die Volksmiliz: lb2 (monster - Ausplünderer der Defias getötet: 0/15)
03-27-06, 02:04 PM   #22
Kemayo
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Elkano
Code:
Error: Debug: [14] Die Volksmiliz: lb1 (monster - Plünderer der Defias getötet: 0/15)
--------------------------------------------------
Error: Debug: [14] Die Volksmiliz: lb2 (monster - Ausplünderer der Defias getötet: 0/15)
Ooo... my first ever localization issue. Joy!

This is happening because I forgot that the word "slain" would be translated, and I was explicitly searching for it to remove it. I'll make this just remove the last word in that sequence instead, I suppose. That sounds easier than finding out what word WoW uses for "slain" in every locale.

When I get home I'll package up a new release officially... but for now here's something that should work. (Note that I don't have access to WoW here, so I can't test it. But I'm reasonably confident.)
Attached Files
File Type: zip BossPanel_Quests-0.1.4-beta.zip (7.7 KB, 568 views)
03-27-06, 04:19 PM   #23
TheFly
A Fallenroot Satyr
Updated with beta changes
Attached Files
File Type: zip BossPanel_Quests1.0.4-beta Modded.zip (9.6 KB, 597 views)
03-27-06, 04:49 PM   #24
TheFly
A Fallenroot Satyr
added some fixes suggested by ckknight
- update at levelup
cosmetic code fixes
Attached Files
File Type: zip BossPanel_Quests.zip (9.3 KB, 603 views)
03-27-06, 06:21 PM   #25
Devla
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Did anyone have a chance to test this with 1.10?
03-29-06, 02:35 AM   #26
Devla
A Cobalt Mageweaver

This works fine with 1.10, but not for my level 60 players. When I login with BP_Quests enabled, I freeze right after logging in. Both players also have a full quest log, so that may be the culprit as well.

Can anyone verify this?

--Just tested with my 49 Priest with 18/20 quest log, who locks up on login as well.

I disabled each mod one by one and narrowed it down to this one. Also posted a bug report in its proper place

Thanks

Last edited by Devla : 03-29-06 at 02:39 AM.
03-29-06, 04:57 AM   #27
Kemayo
A Cyclonian

I just uploaded 0.1.5, which includes the patch from TheFly. Does it still freeze?
03-29-06, 02:06 PM   #28
Devla
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Hi and thanks

No longer freezing, but when loading a character with no savedvariables, I get the following error on load:

BossPanel_Quests.lua:411: attempt to concatenate global `numNeeded' (a nil value)

The quest plugin shows in the BossPanel, but when I hover the mouse over, its tooltip is empty. I've tried opening my normal quest log, which is full of quests.
03-29-06, 10:03 PM   #29
Kemayo
A Cyclonian

I've just uploaded 0.1.5.1, which I believe should fix this problem.

(I need to get one of my characters to a place where they can pick up one of the quests that seem to trigger it...)
03-30-06, 01:09 AM   #30
Kemayo
A Cyclonian

And another! This gets rid of some problems which could occur on the first scan of the quest log.

I think this will clear up the problem Devla and others have experienced, but I haven't been able to duplicate it myself yet, so I'm not sure.
03-30-06, 01:53 PM   #31
TheFly
A Fallenroot Satyr
Uploading yet another mod.

it's based upon 1.5.3

primarily added dynamic frame creation and persistance of hiding.

note about dynamic frame creation,
You won't reach a hard limit and you will use less frames unless you actually
have 20 quests in 20 different zones and show areas.
03-30-06, 02:06 PM   #32
TheFly
A Fallenroot Satyr
forgot to attatch
Attached Files
File Type: zip BossPanel_Quests.zip (9.6 KB, 592 views)
03-31-06, 06:41 PM   #33
Devla
A Cobalt Mageweaver

TheFly's latest version seems to work ok for me, except for one error.

BossPanel_Quests\\BossPanel_Quests.lua:519: bad argument #1 to `find' (string expected, got nil)\

I'm seeing this happen on Load, only for characters that have a quest log tooltip that extends off the screen when you hover over the Quests Panel.

Note that the error happens on load only, NOT when the tooltip pops up.

--Edit--
Getting the error now on a different character, a 24 Rogue with 8/20 quests.

After a bit more research...
I found that the culprit is the "Show Quest Descriptions" option. The error is coming from the string.find in line 519
Code:
	if not (string.find(goal.done, self.loc.QUEST_DONE) and not self:IsShowingCompletedObjectives()) then
My brain hurts too much right now to try and fix the code, if nobody else gets to it, I'll look at it again this weekend sometime.

Thanks

Last edited by Devla : 03-31-06 at 10:45 PM.
04-01-06, 03:46 AM   #34
Kemayo
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Devla
TheFly's latest version seems to work ok for me, except for one error.

BossPanel_Quests\\BossPanel_Quests.lua:519: bad argument #1 to `find' (string expected, got nil)\

I'm seeing this happen on Load, only for characters that have a quest log tooltip that extends off the screen when you hover over the Quests Panel.

Note that the error happens on load only, NOT when the tooltip pops up.

--Edit--
Getting the error now on a different character, a 24 Rogue with 8/20 quests.

After a bit more research...
I found that the culprit is the "Show Quest Descriptions" option. The error is coming from the string.find in line 519
Code:
	if not (string.find(goal.done, self.loc.QUEST_DONE) and not self:IsShowingCompletedObjectives()) then
My brain hurts too much right now to try and fix the code, if nobody else gets to it, I'll look at it again this weekend sometime.

Thanks
Y'know, one day you're going to give me an error that I can actually reproduce... one day...

That said, I believe I know what's causing that. Much further up we see the following:

Code:
local desc, qtype, done = GetQuestLogLeaderBoard(ii)
If desc is true, the objective is complete. If it's not, we parse out how complete it is. This is, I think, a case where the objective is in some way unusually formatted, so my parsing failed.

I've added some code to dodge the error. (Could you take a look in your quest log and tell me if any of the quests have unusual objectives? That is, ones that don't seem to involve the normal numeric statuses.)
04-03-06, 08:20 AM   #35
Crucial
A Defias Bandit
I absolutely love this mod. the only thing I'd request is that you add an option to display Completed Quests/#of quests in log rather than # of quests in log/total # of quests allowed. The only reason I ask is that we all know (or should know) that we can only get a totaly of 20 quests. But the quick reference to the number of completed quests can be very informative sometimes.
04-03-06, 11:09 AM   #36
TheFly
A Fallenroot Satyr
good idea, more informative
04-03-06, 11:23 AM   #37
TheFly
A Fallenroot Satyr
changed updatetext to reflect this idea.
I apoligise for any typos as I havn't tested it yet.
Attached Files
File Type: zip BossPanel_Quests.zip (10.3 KB, 581 views)
04-04-06, 01:46 PM   #38
Scorpia
A Defias Bandit

Quest completion sound?

Currently I use MonkeyQuest and QuestIon. I disable everything in QuestIon except the quest completion sound and set it's alpha to .01 both mousein and mouseout.

I have been looking to replace my Titan Panel stuff, and I would be very interested in this plugin if you could possibly, please include a quest completion sound?

Imagine killing 2 addons with a plugin! woot.

Also, now that I think about it, and I am sure that it is already in there, perhaps I missed it. Displaying quest item information in the tooltip? MQ does this and I wanted to make sure that BP-Q will also.

Last edited by Scorpia : 04-04-06 at 01:49 PM.
04-05-06, 01:32 AM   #39
Kudane
Co-Founder

Found an issue tonight, on my wifes computer (same exact hardware as mine) I copied my entire AddOns folder to hers, and Boss-Quest locks her game up to the point of rebooting the machine about 30 seconds after she loads into the game.

I have disable every addon and added them back one at a time and I have found that if I leave only Boss-Quest turned off. It will load without any problems.

My assumption is that it is a specific quest she has on that character that is causing an error once Boss-Quest (or will it be QuestFu soon) fnishes scanning.

CPU usage shoots to 100% and ram at 30% and will not let go short of rebooting.

There is no error message that I can find. She had one on login (partial) but it has not resurfaced. Only thing I could see was "Compat.lua" and "Arguement #1"

Not sure if that is related. But thought I would share to have it looked into.
04-07-06, 12:36 AM   #40
Devla
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Hi

I see that the "Freezing Issue" bug report is labeled as "Fixed", however some users are still experiencing this issue. After upgrading to QuestsFu 0.2.1, I'm getting the freeze again on multiple characters.

I login and everything pops up for a couple seconds. I see the QuestFU panel "Scanning", then the exact time the scanning completes and it lists the quest number (18/20, or 20/20, etc)...WoW freezes.

Should I create a new bug report? I didn't want to post in the old one because I was afraid you may not see it.

Thanks

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » BossPanel_Quests