12-05-06, 01:27 PM   #1
Cide
Swedeheart
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
CTMod 2.0 Released

NOTE: Please delete all CTMods you have installed before installing the new versions.

CTMod 2.0
This patch brings CTMod to version 2. With this update comes a couple of completely reworked mods, with new features, more optimized code and drastically decreased memory footprint. Overall, all the reworked mods should run much smoother than before. Another major structure change is that all of our mods now come with an embeddable library. This means that we can provide an easy to use, efficient and cool control panel. Similarly, all of the rewritten mods aim to be very memory and processing power efficient. The library helps with this by providing tools to facilitate faster development cycles and an easy way to create frames on-demand, instead of at load time. This is a theme that you will encounter in all of our mods from now on. Also, all mods now feature per-character settings only. Additionally, soon to come is a feature to import settings from other characters.

We are very excited to bring you this update. It fixes a lot of the things that people have disliked with CTMod in the past, mainly traces of inefficiencies and CT_MasterMod dependencies. It also provides a much improved control panel, giving the user a better view of the options. Thanks for using CTMod, and we hope that you will like our new mods as much as we do. Below is a more comprehensive list of mod changes.

CT_Core
Formerly 'CT_MasterMod'. Several of our smaller mods have been combined into this mod. Please note that if you only use a few of the features, the other features will remain disabled and take up almost no memory at all. Below is a more clear-cut list of changes:
  • Coded specifically for the 2.0.1 patch.
  • Adds a ”CT²” control panel icon. While it is anchored to the minimap by default, it can easily be dragged to anywhere on the screen.
  • Casting bar timer greatly improved. Now reserves space for the timer, which means that it will always be properly displayed.
  • The casting bar timer now supports Blizzard's enemy casting bar option, if it is enabled.
  • Added option to hide chat arrows.
  • Improved the chat scrolling and timestamp functionality to be much more efficient.
  • CT_MasterMod's options are now a part of CT_Core.
  • CT_QuestLevels is now a part of CT_Core.
  • CT_TickMod is now a part of CT_Core.
  • CT_PlayerNotes is now a part of CT_Core.
  • CT_HailMod is now a part of CT_Core.

CT_BuffMod
Featuring a complete rewrite, CT_BuffMod is now the most customizable and efficient buff frame replacement out there. Featuring dozens of new features from the original version, you can now make the buff frame display exactly the information you want. Below is a listing of new features:
  • Unparalleled efficiency and customizability.
  • Now supports ”buff timers” - each buff can display a visual timer as its background texture.
  • Support for buff frame resizing has been added. Simply unlock the window and drag the bottom right corner.
  • Also displays item buffs, implementing CT_ItemBuff functionality.
  • Features an in general much sleeker look.

CT_RaidAssist
This version of CT_RaidAssist is mainly a minor recode to make it usable in combination with the new UI changes. As such, there are barely any new features. Some features have also been removed in order to comply with said UI changes. Below is a listing of changes:
  • You may not use the options window in combat. This is a restriction we wish to remove, but it will likely
  • not happen before the release of CT_RaidAssist 2.
  • Target Management has been disabled. We hope to restore this functionality soon (before CT_RaidAssist 2).
  • Removed option ”Hide Offline Members”.
  • Removed sorting types ”Custom” and ”Virtual”.
  • Removed buff recasting.
  • Removed debuff curing and /racure.
  • Removed targeting support from Emergency Monitor.
  • Experimental – CT_RABossMods included, but not tested.
  • Experimental – Added ”Healing Range only” support for Emergency Monitor. Untested.

CT_MailMod
With the release of this patch, we wanted to make CT_MailMod a bit more intuitive. As such, we have implemented several of the commonly requested features. Below is a listing of changes:
  • Updated to work with the 2.0.1 patch.
  • Removed text added to mails so that they can be auto-deleted when opened.
  • Removed auto stacking of items. We wish to reimplement this some time in the future.
  • Added option to block trades while using the mailbox.
  • Added option to remove confirmation boxes for Mass Mail and Open All.
  • When mailing money, the subject field will be auto-filled in, should it otherwise be empty.

Other Addons
The rest of the addons have been straight ports, are discontinued or simply not ready yet. Below is a listing of the status of these mods:
  • Updated – CT_ExpenseHistory has been updated for the patch.
  • Updated – CT_Viewport has been updated for the patch.
  • Updated – CT_UnitFrames has been updated for the patch.
  • Updated – CT_PartyBuffs has been updated for the patch.
  • Updated – CT_MapMod has been updated for the patch.
  • Updated – CT_Timer has been updated for the patch.
  • Not Ready – CT_BarMod is being rewritten, and is scheduled to be released soon.
  • Not Ready – CT_BottomBar is being rewritten, and is scheduled to be released after CT_BarMod.
  • Not Ready – CT_BagMod is being rewritten, and is scheduled to be released after CT_BottomBar.
  • Discontinued – CT_AllBags – Blizzard implemented the functionality.

- Cide and TS,
CTMod Developers
12-05-06, 01:36 PM   #2
Broken Hope
A Defias Bandit
What was the reason behind removing the ”Virtual” sorting type? I found that very handy to set up my frames when not in a raid.
12-05-06, 01:45 PM   #3
Cide
Swedeheart
CT_RaidAssist itself does not handle creating frames. While we could likely add it, we simply did not have time before release. It might be re-added sometime in the future, depending on when we're going to release CT_RaidAssist 2.
12-05-06, 03:37 PM   #4
mizrolist
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Question

Hmm. What happened with CT_ShieldMod?
12-05-06, 10:43 PM   #5
Teclador
A Defias Bandit
Hi,

what is with the CT_RaidTracker? Will there be a new Version?

I think this is one of the usefullest mods i have, OK i used the one Moddey by Fready aka Alason because of the getDKPstring stuff to import the TRackerlog to my EQDKP System.

Also nice feature on my whishlist for this Mod is a syncronisation feature (RaidLeader & RaidOfficers should do). Why sync? One of the Loot-Trackers can have a WoW-Crash and all data are lost.

Im hope to see it here or on your page to download, tracking must be continued Professionaly ...
12-06-06, 07:29 PM   #6
Aielman
A Defias Bandit
Any eta on the bars? Pretty much what drew me to ctmod in the fist place :-)
12-08-06, 12:09 AM   #7
Doriwoogie
A Kobold Labourer
Eagerly awaiting bar mod as well - totally gimped in the meantime but resisting the urge to go with another mod
12-08-06, 02:15 AM   #8
Halaster
A Murloc Raider
Any chance to get CTRaidTracker up and working with 2.0? I use that program every raid, and tracking things through notepad or on paper is brutal.
12-08-06, 03:06 AM   #9
sfa
A Murloc Raider
Question. Will you try to re-enable the targeting function for the emergency window ?
Otherwise the emergency window is pretty useless =)
Thanks !
12-08-06, 10:04 AM   #10
Aielman
A Defias Bandit
Is there any chance that the bar mods will be fixed today? I really don't want to have to find another bar mod, rekey all my hotkeys, and then turn around and do it again shortly thereafter.

Any eta?

thanks.

peace,
Aielman
12-08-06, 09:04 PM   #11
tindjin
A Murloc Raider
Love the CT Mods..

I was wondering if you guys were thinking about adding spell click binding to the raid frames? This way we don't have to use programs like HealBot or CastParty to bind clicks to cast spells? I don't care for all the other stuff those do. I just want to beable to click on the CTRA frames and cast the spell that I bound to that type of click. Would be great to have to use less mod programs if possible.

Keep up the great work!
12-09-06, 03:47 PM   #12
xeno250
A Defias Bandit
Question Moveable bags!

This is the one I miss the most guys. I feel lost without it! Hopefully it's coming out soon?
12-10-06, 08:42 AM   #13
hasledash
A Kobold Labourer
Hi, just wanted to say i love CT mods. been useing them for a long time now. 2 things tho at this time.. plz make the buufmod where we can go back to the old style, and any eta on barmods.. i am dead in the water with out them. I have gotten to laxed with them that them i am useless in PvP or raids.

Hasledash
60 lock of Addicted
Andorhal
12-10-06, 04:23 PM   #14
Caduceas
A Kobold Labourer
CT_Barmod is out, only problem is I can't use ALT to self cast.
WTB self cast
12-10-06, 06:13 PM   #15
freelink
A Defias Bandit
i like this addon, it's one of my favorite, ^^ thanks for the good job.

Just a question, it is possible to have a check box ar a button to switch beetwin ct buff style and wow buff style, cause it would be great to have lot of the fonction include in ctbuffmod, but don't like the windows with all the buff ^^

it is possible to make ctbossmod working on a french client of wow, cause it has never work^^, hopefully our MT has an anglish one so it work, but it can be good to have a boss mod who work with the french client ^^

looking for news thanks

Last edited by freelink : 12-10-06 at 06:20 PM.
12-11-06, 04:33 AM   #16
tirlimpams
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Halaster
Any chance to get CTRaidTracker up and working with 2.0? I use that program every raid, and tracking things through notepad or on paper is brutal.
Look here : http://forums.eqdkp.com/index.php?showforum=68

Thread of modded and updated tracker based on CT_RaidTracker.
It's more powerfull and is designed to work with EQDKP php system on your site.
12-11-06, 03:15 PM   #17
korean_tc
A Kobold Labourer
Is there a way to access the options after disabling the CT button on the mini map?
12-17-06, 12:22 PM   #18
Burnum
A Defias Bandit

Thumbs up Tick Mod

Just want to say great job, I really like the new interface with the expanding thing and all. Nice touch.

one thing I miss greatly is the option to hide the background from CT_TickMod. Hope to see that added back in some day. (I know you have bigger things to work on now!)

Also, Glad to see the Bug fix with the Chat mouse scrolling and chat buttons resting. Oh and the copy settings to other Characters is a GREAT feature, NICE!

Looking forward to either when you add the code to make bags stay off the action bars, or let us define the space they can live in, nit unlike the Buffs.

Keep up the Great work!
12-18-06, 02:56 PM   #19
Burnum
A Defias Bandit

Lightbulb interface idea for BarMod Options

Hey I have an idea for he Key Bindings section in bar mod.

You already show all the slots for Group 1, maybe rather than have a scroll bar on the side, with all the other groups below, maybe you could do one of 2 things.

either only Show the key bindings for the group selected under Bar Options only, and change the list with the same selector. Or, maybe you could use tabs, or a row of buttons to select what group you want to edit bindings for.

Just an idea

I do like that you can close a group BTW! nice.

(I actually rarely bind new keys because nobody that I know of has come up with a clear way of letting you know what keys are already in use, and for what, and a way to maybe print out a key chart)
12-21-06, 10:02 AM   #20
dreamerblue
A Defias Bandit
CT_Timer?

I'm confused...CT_Timer is said by the mod's updates list to be updated and working with the new patch, and I have it checked off as one of the addons to load with WoW, but I can't seem to find it anywhere in the options. Is there a slash command or something I need to know to use it now, or am I just overlooking it in the options, or is it just plain not there?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » CTMod 2.0 Released