12-01-22, 01:55 PM   #1
Juso
A Murloc Raider
Achievement Arrangement

Hello,

I always hated that World of Warcraft by default sorts earned achievements by moving them to the top. Most games like Final Fantasy or even consoles like PlayStation have a fixed order in which they display earned Achievments/Trophies.

Is there an AddOn or could someone help me create a simple one, which displays Achievements in the fixed order in which Blizzard has implemented them?

(I know that most people don't really care about that sort of thing but its been bothering me ever since Achievements have been introduced)

Thanks in advance.
12-01-22, 03:29 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you mean when they added them to the game. Outside of how the game arranges them now is about the best I think in that regards but I haven't investigated thoroughly myself so I may be wrong.

If you haven't checked the addons yet to see whats out there - there is this one : https://www.wowinterface.com/downloa...rachiever.html .. It doesn't do what you are asking by the looks of it but it might make your achievement completion more enjoyable.
12-01-22, 03:59 PM   #3
Juso
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for the suggestion. Sadly, like you pointed out Overachiever doesn't include any features that resemble the one I'm looking for.

Perhaps it will help if I make an example of my concern. What I am looking for is a way to display Achievements in the order a new player would see them if they have not yet earned any. So if I go into the "Dungeons & Raids" category, the first achievements I see should be "[Looking For Multitudes]", "[Keystone Master]", "[Classic Dungeonmaster]", "[Classic Raider]", "[Outland Dungeonmaster]" and so on. And depending on whether I have unlocked the achievement, the position should not change to the top, but stay statically at the same position.
12-01-22, 07:14 PM   #4
Kanegasi
A Molten Giant

This isn't a solution, but I understood your request and would like to help explaining it.

How achievements are shown in-game:

Ach 5 earned Wednesday
Ach 7 earned Tuesday
Ach 2 earned Monday
Ach 1 not earned
Ach 3 not earned
Ach 4 not earned
Ach 6 not earned

Notice how the earned ones are sorted by date earned while the not earned ones are sorted by achievementID (assumed to be achievementID, since they tend to be old to new).

What you want:

Ach 1 not earned
Ach 2 earned Monday
Ach 3 not earned
Ach 4 not earned
Ach 5 earned Wednesday
Ach 6 not earned
Ach 7 earned Tuesday
12-02-22, 09:36 AM   #5
Juso
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
Notice how the earned ones are sorted by date earned while the not earned ones are sorted by achievementID (assumed to be achievementID, since they tend to be old to new).

What you want:

Ach 1 not earned
Ach 2 earned Monday
Ach 3 not earned
Ach 4 not earned
Ach 5 earned Wednesday
Ach 6 not earned
Ach 7 earned Tuesday
That describes exactly what I'm looking for, thank you.
12-02-22, 11:17 AM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Oh found this addon after another browse through

https://www.wowinterface.com/downloa...entFilter.html

There is a sort option on there that includes ID .. but depending on whether it is reverse or forward would be whether it does what you want or not.

If not, hopefully you will be able to decipher how they do it to use it in your own addon if what they have is not what you want.
12-02-22, 01:40 PM   #7
Juso
A Murloc Raider
Bless your soul! I also came across the add-on yesterday, but didn't examine it further because it contains many features that are less relevant to me.

But after your suggestion, I took another look at it, especially the filter options. And as you already described, it allows the user to sort achievements by ID or in the default style.

I did notice that both the ID and the default filters don't quite match the order Blizzard lists them. Maybe it's something in the options that I overlooked, but temporarily the function of the add-on is enough for me. I'll probably look into the add-on again as you suggested and create an add-on in the future that does exactly what I want, but for now I'm happy with the solution.

Thanks again, you won't believe how much this has meant to me.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Achievement Arrangement