11-25-06, 12:51 PM   #1
Layrajha
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Button:SetAttribute("type","macro") [Fixed]

Little disclaimer: this post is about the 2.0 version and isn't concerned by the old interface API ways to do what i want to do.

I would really like something like that:
Code:
button:SetAttribute("type","macro")
button:SetAttribute("macro","macro_name" | macro_ID)
I have browsed the US forums (on which i can't post with my EU account), and i've tried to gather as much data as i could about SetAttribute. I couldn't find any nice list (i admit that i've only checks using the forum search option which isn't perfect, so maybe i missed something) => [EDIT]nvm, i just found it[/EDIT], but it seems that there is no way to make a button not wasting one of the 120 IDs that uses a macro.
Questions are:
  • Am i wrong? Is it possible and am i just either blind or dumb? If yes, would you mind giving me some clues?
  • It would help me, but would it help you? Is it worth asking for it?
  • Do you think it's something hard to code for them? The macros are, from what i read in the code of Blizzard's addons, kinda strangely handled, and separated from everything. It seems that he only function that links a macro to what it does is "PickupMacro(slot)", used to put the macro in an action bar button that will be used afterward.
Thanks for reading and please tell me what you think about it (assuming you somehow felt concerned )

Important update
Well, it's fixed, according to Cogwheel on the US forums ( http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=1&pageNo=2#25 ), this has been added in the last beta pacth. Makes me hate blizzard even more for not sending my beta key
Anyway, well i don't know if i should delete this post or not, i'll probably let it be here some time for people who may be trying to find a solution (kinda boring when you come back with an answer and the post is gone).
SetAttribute("type", "macro")
SetAttribute("macro", ##)

where ## is the index of the macro you want to use.

Note: this was only added in the most recent beta push, so it didn't exist until last night

Last edited by Layrajha : 11-25-06 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Fixed

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Wish List » Button:SetAttribute("type","macro")