Quantcast
WOD/Pre-patch - Page 44 - WoWInterface
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
12-14-14, 03:30 PM   #861
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver
 
samyonair's Avatar
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 257
I've seen a thing what can be your problem,

logged to another char and has a monster lagg as Carbonite loaded the Part with

"Carbonite Set x previous quests as done"

x=Number of quests
 
12-14-14, 03:41 PM   #862
Crashpkbk
A Murloc Raider
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 4
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
I should of quoted, I was refrencing to the person who said they installed the new git and it gave an error that clear11 was null function.
Rythal-

Thx, that's me. I got so enamored by the fact that WoW was allowing the addons to reload while logged in I completely forgot IT 101 and never restarted WoW. Have loaded the latest from GitHub as of 2014-12-14 15:48 and the clear11 null function error does not exist.

That said, there still appears to be a conflict with LightHeaded. Restarting both and using the latest Carbonite on GitHub and LH from WoW Interface Version: v60000-1.1.0-2014-10-26 WoW will initially freeze when loaded for anywhere from 1-3 minutes and then once finished loading, will freeze every 1-3 seconds for a split second continuously. If I turn off either Carbonite Quest 1.0 or LightHeaded_Data_QIDNames within the addons menu then the problem does not occur. Doing the later still allows both Carbonite quests to function and LH to display data from Wowhead with seemingly little loss of functionality.

Crash...
 
12-14-14, 10:48 PM   #863
Esailia Lightarrow
A Kobold Labourer
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1
A warm greeting of hugs and cookies!

Greetings all! I want to give a big thank you, hugs, kisses, and cookies to all who are working on this addon, and the biggest cookies for Rythal who picked it up, took it home, and started feeding and caring for it.

I've missed Carbonite, not for the friend list, not for the punk, but for the quests and the detailed map I can zoom out more than the default. As far as I've been reading, the quests are still in the works, so I can deal with using Sexy Map and the Blizzard default quest trackers until you all feel its good enough to officially release. I'm less than qualified to bug report, so I'll be throwing you all cookies as I can! Go Team Rybonite~!
 
12-15-14, 01:59 AM   #864
Ghosthree3
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 58
Bonus bosses still not showing up as an objective in dungeons.
 
12-15-14, 02:45 AM   #865
powerstrk
A Murloc Raider
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4
Bugs in fiefs Carbonite.

I noticed problems with carbonite in fiefs, when I return to... sometimes makes me eject from the server.
In chutelune mine each time carbonite minimap flashes quickly then eject me from the server within 5 seconds.
I don't know if this bug has already been reported ? if it has already been reported I apologize.
use Carbonite Github last updated version on a French server.
disabling carbonite I do not have this problem.
!Buggrabber and Bugsack relate nothing...

would it be possible to look to fix this bug?

thank you.
 
12-15-14, 03:03 AM   #866
nelegalno2
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 132
It seems Carbonite has a problem with AtlasLoot (http://www.atlasloot.net/phpBB3/index.php) and Alleidun's Hunter Pets (http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/hunter-pets/) leading to the wow crashes I reported previously. Is anyone willing to try to reproduce and check what is causing them?
 
12-15-14, 05:48 AM   #867
atl77
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 179
Originally Posted by nelegalno2 View Post
It seems Carbonite has a problem with AtlasLoot (http://www.atlasloot.net/phpBB3/index.php) and Alleidun's Hunter Pets (http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/hunter-pets/) leading to the wow crashes I reported previously. Is anyone willing to try to reproduce and check what is causing them?
We'll have enough work to do before a beta release to care about other addon's glitches in combination with Carbonite at the moment. Most developers of other addons have refused to fix their addons until an official beta release is out. So please be patient - we'll come around testing those combinations after the beta release.
 
12-15-14, 06:09 AM   #868
nelegalno2
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 132
Originally Posted by atl77 View Post
We'll have enough work to do before a beta release to care about other addon's glitches in combination with Carbonite at the moment. Most developers of other addons have refused to fix their addons until an official beta release is out. So please be patient - we'll come around testing those combinations after the beta release.
No offense but releasing the addon with known crash bugs if used in combination with other addons is a big mistake in my opinion. Especially when the problem appeared after a change in the Carbonite's code and the other addons are popular ones.

P.S. We are not speaking about an error once the game loads but about crashing the game client while loading.
Code:
ERROR #134 (0x85100086) Fatal condition!
LUA PANIC: unprotected error in call to Lua API (memory allocation error: block too big)
 
12-15-14, 07:36 AM   #869
atl77
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 179
Originally Posted by nelegalno2 View Post
No offense but releasing the addon with known crash bugs if used in combination with other addons is a big mistake in my opinion. Especially when the problem appeared after a change in the Carbonite's code and the other addons are popular ones.
No offense taken, but your concern is probably better addressed at the developers of those other addons. With WoD, Blizzard changed a few crucial APIs that are used by Carbonite, so we had to break compatibility with some old function calls in order to make Carbonite work with WoD. Those addons (and a few others) are still using the old calls, thereby breaking things that are leading to the crashes.

You are basically wasting our time pointing out what we already know: that those developers are trying to appoint the blame to Carbonite, while at the same time, they are refusing to fix their code until a beta release of Carbonite comes out.
 
12-15-14, 10:06 AM   #870
nelegalno2
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 132
Originally Posted by atl77 View Post
No offense taken, but your concern is probably better addressed at the developers of those other addons. With WoD, Blizzard changed a few crucial APIs that are used by Carbonite, so we had to break compatibility with some old function calls in order to make Carbonite work with WoD. Those addons (and a few others) are still using the old calls, thereby breaking things that are leading to the crashes.

You are basically wasting our time pointing out what we already know: that those developers are trying to appoint the blame to Carbonite, while at the same time, they are refusing to fix their code until a beta release of Carbonite comes out.
If it was only with AtlasLoot I might agree with you but could you tell me what is the connection between Carbonite and the Hunter Pets UI (the same interface the Mount, Pet and ToyBox journal uses)? As far as I know there is still no interaction between the map and Hunter Pets (although planed to).

P.S. Hunter Pets is a new addon (v6.0.2+) so it shouldn't be using any of thous APIs (I should know since I had to convince few authors they need to update there code - including the authors of Ace3), also I'm still waiting for a response from the author of Hunter Pets but I strongly suspect the problem is in Carbonite and to be more precise in the contents of the Quests91-100.lua file because once they are removed or changed the problem disappears.
 
12-15-14, 10:37 AM   #871
ircdirk
A Molten Giant
 
ircdirk's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 797
Originally Posted by nelegalno2 View Post
If it was only with AtlasLoot I might agree with you but could you tell me what is the connection between Carbonite and the Hunter Pets UI (the same interface the Mount, Pet and ToyBox journal uses)? As far as I know there is still no interaction between the map and Hunter Pets (although planed to).

P.S. Hunter Pets is a new addon (v6.0.2+) so it shouldn't be using any of thous APIs (I should know since I had to convince few authors they need to update there code - including the authors of Ace3), also I'm still waiting for a response from the author of Hunter Pets but I strongly suspect the problem is in Carbonite and to be more precise in the contents of the Quests91-100.lua file because once they are removed or changed the problem disappears.
Quests91-100.lua file is ok, the problem is with something else.
 
12-15-14, 11:05 AM   #872
atl77
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 179
Originally Posted by nelegalno2 View Post
I strongly suspect the problem is in Carbonite and to be more precise in the contents of the Quests91-100.lua file because once they are removed or changed the problem disappears.
I'll have a look at that issue later.
 
12-15-14, 11:46 AM   #873
Alleidun
A Defias Bandit
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 2
Hi guys.

I'm the author of Hunter Pets. I have been trying to recreate the memory error by installing the version of Carbonite that should cause the error with Hunter Pets but I don't get any errors. Everything loads perfectly fine.

So to be honest I don't think there is anything wrong with either addons.

In any case I will keep my ticket open in case any new development or further information on the error shows up but for now I can't really do anything as I don't get the error.

Let me know if you need anything.
 
12-15-14, 11:55 AM   #874
ircdirk
A Molten Giant
 
ircdirk's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 797
Originally Posted by Alleidun View Post
Hi guys.

I'm the author of Hunter Pets. I have been trying to recreate the memory error by installing the version of Carbonite that should cause the error with Hunter Pets but I don't get any errors. Everything loads perfectly fine.

So to be honest I don't think there is anything wrong with either addons.

In any case I will keep my ticket open in case any new development or further information on the error shows up but for now I can't really do anything as I don't get the error.

Let me know if you need anything.
Same here, im just back from work, installed Hunter Pets and all works fine. Cant recreate this issue :/
 
12-15-14, 12:03 PM   #875
atl77
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 179
Originally Posted by ircdirk View Post
Same here, im just back from work, installed Hunter Pets and all works fine. Cant recreate this issue :/
Just tried the same, can confirm that. I guess the problem is in another addon.
 
12-15-14, 12:06 PM   #876
ircdirk
A Molten Giant
 
ircdirk's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 797
Originally Posted by atl77 View Post
Just tried the same, can confirm that. I guess the problem is in another addon.
Or AtlasLoot + Hunter Pets?
 
12-15-14, 01:27 PM   #877
Alleidun
A Defias Bandit
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 2
I'm currently and always running AtlasLoot + Hunter Pets and when I tried out Carbonite it was with those two also running.

Think the mem problem can be resolved by deleting the cache folder
 
12-15-14, 07:10 PM   #878
Goranth
An Aku'mai Servant
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 31
Been getting this on the last couple builds, seems the same as my post from earlier. Now however, the progress bar has disappeared, and I had horrible framerate while doing Shatt Apexis Daily

Edit* On a positive note, Map scaling, quest objective tracking/routing and multi-zone map loading seem ot be fixed

Code:
Date: 2014-12-15 19:29:21
ID: 1
Error occured in: Global
Count: 40
Message: ..\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua line 8679:
   attempt to compare number with string
Debug:
   Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8679: UpdateList()
   Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8460: func()
   ...\AddOns\DataStore\libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:55:
      ...\AddOns\DataStore\libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:48
Locals:
self = <table> {
 UpdateList = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8468
 Win = <table> {
 }
 Menu_OnRemoveWatch = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8238
 WinUpdateFade = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:9003
 ClearAutoTarget = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8344
 FirstUpdate = true
 ShowUpdate = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8987
 ClosestCur = <table> {
 }
 ClearCompleted = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:9224
 OnUpdateTimer = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8386
 Open = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8009
 AddCustom = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8424
 ButATarget = <table> {
 }
 ButSwap = <table> {
 }
 Menu = <table> {
 }
 Add = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:9206
 Watched = <table> {
 }
 Menu_OnRemoveAllWatches = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8284
 Menu_OnAbandon = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8279
 Update = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8402
 CalcDistCnt = 20
 CalcDistI = 21
 Menu_OnShowMap = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8253
 Opened = true
 RemoveWatch = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8298
 ClearCustom = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8420
 FlashColor = 1
 WatchMenu = <table> {
 }
 Menu_OnShare = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8263
 List = <table> {
 }
 MenuPri = <table> {
 }
 Set = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:9125
 ButShowParty = <table> {
 }
 ButQGivers = <table> {
 }
 ButShowOnMap = <table> {
 }
 OnTimer = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8440
 OnListEvent = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:9020
 Menu_OnShowQuest = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8245
 SetSortMode = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8359
 ButMenu = <table> {
 }
 Menu_OnLinkQuest = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8258
 OnWin = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8232
 FixedChange = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8225
 ButPri = <table> {
 }
}
Nx = <table> {
 GetDataToolBar = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:1677
 modules = <table> {
 }
 CancelTimer = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\DataStore\libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:145
 Quest = <table> {
 }
 OnUnit_spellcast_sent = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:1052
 VERSIONFAV = 0.15
 prt = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxUI.lua:94
 AIdToId = <table> {
 }
 BarData = <table> {
 }
 prtVar = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxUI.lua:140
 ScheduleTimer = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\DataStore\libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:92
 GroupMembers = <table> {
 }
 ADDON_LOADED = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:770
 VERSIONINFO = 0.24
 prtFrame = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxUI.lua:177
 db = <table> {
 }
 UnregisterAllComm = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\DataStore\libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:200
 SetEnabledState = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\DataStore\libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:455
 Graph = <table> {
 }
 ShowEditBox = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:1326
 GatherInit = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:3121
 prtTable = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxUI.lua:125
 Font = <table> {
 }
 Util_TMoveI = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxUI.lua:317
 Combat = <table> {
 }
 NewModule = <function> def
AddOns:
  Swatter, v5.21c.5521 (SanctimoniousSwamprat)
  WowheadLooter, v60005
  Altoholic, v5.4.008
  Archy, v1.8.56
  AskMrRobot, v19
  AucAdvanced, v5.21c.5521 (SanctimoniousSwamprat)
  AucFilterBasic, v5.21c.5521 (SanctimoniousSwamprat)
  AucFilterOutlier, v5.21c.5521.5459(5.21c/embedded)
  AucMatchUndercut, v5.21c.5521.5507(5.21c/embedded)
  AucStatHistogram, v5.21c.5521 (SanctimoniousSwamprat)
  AucStatiLevel, v5.21c.5521 (SanctimoniousSwamprat)
  AucStatPurchased, v5.21c.5521 (SanctimoniousSwamprat)
  AucStatSales, v5.21c.5521.5476(5.21c/embedded)
  AucStatSimple, v5.21c.5521 (SanctimoniousSwamprat)
  AucStatStdDev, v5.21c.5521 (SanctimoniousSwamprat)
  AucStatWOWEcon, v5.21c.5521.5323(5.21c/embedded)
  AucUtilAHWindowControl, v5.21c.5521.5347(5.21c/embedded)
  AucUtilAppraiser, v5.21c.5521.5495(5.21c/embedded)
  AucUtilAskPrice, v5.21c.5521.5447(5.21c/embedded)
  AucUtilAutoMagic, v5.21c.5521.5443(5.21c/embedded)
  AucUtilCompactUI, v5.21c.5521.5496(5.21c/embedded)
  AucUtilEasyBuyout, v5.21c.5521.5507(5.21c/embedded)
  AucUtilFixAH, v5.21c.5521 (SanctimoniousSwamprat)
  AucUtilItemSuggest, v5.21c.5521.5417(5.21c/embedded)
  AucUtilPriceLevel, v5.21c.5521.5458(5.21c/embedded)
  AucUtilScanButton, v5.21c.5521.5403(5.21c/embedded)
  AucUtilScanFinish, v5.21c.5521.5515(5.21c/embedded)
  AucUtilScanProgress, v5.21c.5521.4979(5.21c/embedded)
  AucUtilScanStart, v5.21c.5521.5347(5.21c/embedded)
  AucUtilSearchUI, v5.21c.5521.5515(5.21c/embedded)
  AucUtilSimpleAuction, v5.21c.5521.5514(5.21c/embedded)
  AucUtilVendMarkup, v5.21c.5521.4828(5.21c/embedded)
  Babylonian, v5.1.DEV.332(/embedded)
  BagBrother, v6.0.16
  Bagnon, v6.0.16
  Bartender4, v4.6.5
  BeanCounter, v5.21c.5521 (SanctimoniousSwamprat)
  BrokerEquipment, v60000.25-Release
  BrokerProfessions, v
  BrokerMounts, v6.03
  Carbonite, v6.0
  CarboniteInfo, v1.0
  CarboniteNotes, v1.1
  CarboniteNotesSample, v1.0
  CarboniteQuests, v1.0
  CarboniteSocial, v1.0
  CarboniteWarehouse, v1.0
  CarboniteWeekly, v1.0
  Configator, v5.1.DEV.376(/embedded)
  DataStore, v6.0.001
  DataStoreAchievements, v6.0.001
  DataStoreAgenda, v6.0.001
  DataStoreAuctions, v6.0.001
  DataStoreCharacters, v6.0.001
  DataStoreContainers, v6.0.001
  DataStoreCrafts, v6.0.001
  DataStoreCurrencies, v6.0.001
  DataStoreInventory, v6.0.001
  DataStoreMails, v6.0.001
  DataStorePets, v6.0.001
  DataStoreQuests, v6.0.001
  DataStoreReputations, v6.0.001
  DataStoreSpells, v6.0.001
  DataStoreStats, v6.0.001
  DataStoreTalents, v6.0.001
  DBMCore, v
  DBMDefaultSkin, v
  DBMSpellTimers, v
  DBMStatusBarTimers, v
  DebugLib, v5.1.DEV.337(/embedded)
  Enchantrix, v5.21c.5521 (SanctimoniousSwamprat)
  EnchantrixBarker, v5.21c.5521 (SanctimoniousSwamprat)
  Gatherer, v5.0.0
  Glamour, v1.4.4
  icebox, v0.1.1
  IceHUD, v1.9.6-4-gb066269
  Informant, v5.21c.5521 (SanctimoniousSwamprat)
  LibExtraTip, v5.12.DEV.363(/embedded)
  LibSharedMedia30, v3.0-89
  MogIt, vv3.3.4
  MoveAnything, v15.0.6
  Omen, v3.1.9
  OmniCC, v6.0.10
  Postal, v3.5.1
  Recount, vr1283
  SlideBar, v5.21c.5521 (SanctimoniousSwamprat)
  Stubby, v5.21c.5521 (SanctimoniousSwamprat)
  TipHelper, v5.12.DEV.351(/embedded)
  Titan, v5.4.1.60000
  TitanBag, v5.4.1.60000
  TitanClock, v5.4.1.60000
  TitanCurrency, v6.0
  TitanGold, v5.4.1.60000
  TitanLocation, v5.4.1.60000
  TitanLogout, v1.3.0
  TitanLootType, v5.4.1.60000
  TitanPerformance, v5.4.1.60000
  TitanRepair, v5.4.1.60000
  TitanReputation, v3.8.6
  TitanSpec, v4.0
  TitanTrashCan, vv4.0.0
  TitanVolume, v5.4.1.60000
  TitanXP, v5.4.1.60000
  Viewporter, v
  WIM, v3.6.21
  WoWDBProfiler, v
  WowheadGarrisonTimer, v1.0.9
  XLoot, vz21a-release
  XLootFrame, vz21a-release
  XLootGroup, vz21a-release
  XLootMaster, vz21a-release
  XLootMonitor, vz21a-release
  BlizRuntimeLib_enUS v6.0.3.60000 <none>
  (ck=ee1)

Last edited by Goranth : 12-15-14 at 07:15 PM.
 
12-15-14, 08:14 PM   #879
Meganbtoo
An Aku'mai Servant
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 38
Originally Posted by atl77 View Post
We'll have enough work to do before a beta release to care about other addon's glitches in combination with Carbonite at the moment. Most developers of other addons have refused to fix their addons until an official beta release is out. So please be patient - we'll come around testing those combinations after the beta release.
Maybe some of those addon writers produced their betas while WoD was in beta, not 2 months after WoD's release. Well, over 2 months months now. And beta was around for what, 6 months? Please do not get on your high horses about this, carbonite is a little behind other addons in the development cycle. Not a complaint, just a statement.
 
12-15-14, 08:52 PM   #880
LordofChaos
A Kobold Labourer
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by Meganbtoo View Post
Maybe some of those addon writers produced their betas while WoD was in beta, not 2 months after WoD's release. Well, over 2 months months now. And beta was around for what, 6 months? Please do not get on your high horses about this, carbonite is a little behind other addons in the development cycle. Not a complaint, just a statement.
As someone who created an account just to post this. I am sorry that these kind people who are developing this huge (one of the largest) wow addons, for free, so you can use it, didn't have it done on your time table. Some times things like work come a head of volunteering to fix an addon they like that the original author dropped support of that needed essentially rewritten because the game's code was re-done extensively this expac.

It isn't like anyone was slacking on reviving this add on from the dead, they knew it needed work, they were working on it and they are basically rewriting it from the ground up to work better and with the new expac. If you think you can do it better or faster please do.
 
 

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » WOD/Pre-patch

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off