09-01-12, 02:29 AM   #1
Tari-en
A Fallenroot Satyr
Old Textures, Border & Fonts

Ahoi!

I'm looking for an addon that removes the old textures and fonts...

Last edited by Tari-en : 09-01-12 at 02:34 AM.
09-01-12, 04:50 AM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
All of those textures are being added by SharedMedia or some other custom media pack. Simply disable that addon, and you won't see them in texture (or font) menus anymore.
09-01-12, 06:52 AM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
All of those textures are being added by SharedMedia or some other custom media pack. Simply disable that addon, and you won't see them in texture (or font) menus anymore.
I don't know, Phanx. I had that exact same problem just after 5.0.4 went live (and I finally got WoW to work without crashing) and the cause was not having my shared media addons enabled. The names for those textures are, apparently, being saved to whatever addons saved variables file, and if the shared media is not currently present that green texture will be there instead. That's something new from Blizzard in the 5.0.4 release. Missing media files = green texture instead. I don't know what happens for fonts since I just use a "Fonts" folder in my main WoW folder to change them.

Of course, I could have totally misunderstood what you meant. In which case, my bad. Sorry.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
09-01-12, 10:49 AM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
But saved variables files won't add the fonts to the list in the config. A green texture on the addon, sure. But not in the menu.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-01-12, 07:33 PM   #5
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
The names for those textures are, apparently, being saved to whatever addons saved variables file, and if the shared media is not currently present that green texture will be there instead.
If an addon saves the texture path to its saved variables, and applies that texture path without checking that the texture is still registered with LibSharedMedia-3.0, then you will see a green blob on your addon.

However, there is no way for all of the textures the OP is talking about to get into the statusbar selection dropdown without some addon is registering them with LibSharedMedia-3.0. If it was just one or two textures, it could be any addon that happens to bundle a texture or two with it. With dozens of textures, though, it's a media pack.

Even so, I'm not really sure how all of the textures from a media pack can go missing without the user going into its folder and deleting them, or the user renaming the media pack addon and not changing the paths in the code.
09-02-12, 02:25 AM   #6
Elkano
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

maybe there is something wrong with how the addon in question registers the path which worked pre 5.x but is now no longer accepted as valid path by the client? LSM just stores the string so you should try to find out which addon is registering all this media files.
09-02-12, 02:48 AM   #7
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Elkano View Post
maybe there is something wrong with how the addon in question registers the path which worked pre 5.x but is now no longer accepted as valid path by the client?
How could that happen, though? Paths are always relative to the WoW program folder, so there's no way to screw it up by moving your WoW installation or reinstalling it in a new location. Addons can't even detect the absolute system file path, as far as I know. And nothing in the addon file path changed; it's still Interface > AddOns > SomeAddon. So, the only possibilities I can think of are still (a) renaming the addon and failing to update the paths, (b) deleting or renaming the files and failing to update the paths.

To the OP, if you're even still reading (the lack of a response suggests you may not be), make sure that all of your addons are up to date, especially any that include the word "media" in their name. If it's too much work to go through them all by hand, use the Curse Client, or WoWI's Minion. Both should match up your installed addons to their sources on whichever site whose updater you're using, and update them to the latest version.
09-02-12, 10:35 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Guys, I moved your off-topic discussion here: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=44129
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Old Textures, Border & Fonts