08-30-12, 11:27 AM   #1
Chamenas
Premium Member

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Looking for someone take take over "Power Bars"

This is my AddOn Power Bars, it was never a top tier AddOn, but it did have its followers and has had a lot more downloads than I expected in the time that I was operating and updating it.

Unfortunately I no longer play World of Warcraft. I enjoyed the game for what it was and is, but it's no longer something I can sustain playing for any amount of continued enjoyment so I've put it on indefinite hiatus.

However, this leaves a lot of people who like Power Bars in the dust, and that leaves me, as an AddOn author, frustrated. I want to be able to help them, but I have not the time nor the ability to update my AddOn in any reasonable fashion.

What I'm Looking For
Someone to take over Power Bars. I realize my scripting is a bit of a mess, so if you want to do a rewrite, and just use my images, that's fine. All I request, if you take the Power Bars name, is that you keep the functionality that's there at its core, and, if you add things, to expand upon that.

Power Bars is by no means the only AddOn that can produce the same results that it does. However, I made it because, at the time, it did what users needed it to do the easiest and in the most aesthetically appealing way for the people who wanted it. That's the core concept that I want retained. Add whatever you want, but don't take away the ease of use in basic manipulation of the core resource systems as they are.

How to take over?
Just send me a PM if you're interested. Make sure you take a look through the script and that you try the AddOn. I can understand not quite understanding the script itself as it's a bit messy, but if that's the case, I would prefer to see some example of something you've done. I just want to know that when I pass Power Bars over that it's taken in capable hands. I'm not picky, but I do want to know the users of my AddOn will be treated well.

Thank you! And Happy 10 years, WoWInterface. :-)
09-02-12, 06:08 PM   #2
Chamenas
Premium Member

bump, anyone at all?
09-02-12, 07:11 PM   #3
Phanx
Cat.

It's only been 3 days. There's no need to bump.

That said, don't get your hopes up. I had prominent "I'm not developing this addon anymore, if you want to take it over, PM me" notices at the top of several of my addons for years -- literally, years -- and got nothing. Now that another expansion is looming, and they won't work as-is, I've declared them officially dead. After that declaration, someone did volunteer to adopt one of them, but the others are still dead, and I'd be very surprised if anyone contacted me about picking them up.
09-03-12, 08:44 AM   #4
Chamenas
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
It's only been 3 days. There's no need to bump.

That said, don't get your hopes up. I had prominent "I'm not developing this addon anymore, if you want to take it over, PM me" notices at the top of several of my addons for years -- literally, years -- and got nothing. Now that another expansion is looming, and they won't work as-is, I've declared them officially dead. After that declaration, someone did volunteer to adopt one of them, but the others are still dead, and I'd be very surprised if anyone contacted me about picking them up.
Well, I mean, it literally means next to nothing to me personally as I no longer play the game. The only reason I'm asking is because now I'm getting people asking if I will be updating this for the expansion, and the only answer I can give them is no. I'd prefer to be able to give them a better answer. I'd like to see this continue for them. But, if no one takes it, there's very little I can do.
09-03-12, 09:04 AM   #5
Rilgamon
Premium Member

Premium Member
You did the best you can do by GPL'ing your AddOn. If someone takes over he can build on your previous work.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Looking for someone take take over "Power Bars"