04-24-13, 08:02 PM   #1
dvantassel11
A Cyclonian
Notes

I am on the latest Beta and am unable to add notes. I click add note...add the note...click accept and no note shows up. Is anyone else having this issue? (I do not have the maps merged)

Last edited by dvantassel11 : 04-25-13 at 05:00 PM.

04-26-13, 01:33 PM   #2
dvantassel11
A Cyclonian
Notes: More Info

I've been trying to troubleshoot this issue, here is more info. The notes are actually getting added, I just can't see them on 2 characters. If I log into another character besides these 2, I can see and access the notes. The scale and transparency settings are the same on both characters (may be global setting). I have disabled all add-ons besides Carb and still cannot see the notes on 2 characters but can on other characters. The "Show Notes On Map" option is checked on all characters. Please give me some ideas.

04-26-13, 02:40 PM   #3
Kreelor
A Firelord

This is just a guess, but have you also placed a checkmark on the new notes you added? I'm not on the Beta version, therefore I don't know if it's handled the same way, or not. On mine (the release version) I have to do a bunch of clicking/right-clicking, etc. to "add" the new notes I place on the maps and to also change the icon I want for the note(s). More than likely, you've already done these things. It was just a quick thought.

05-02-13, 08:25 PM   #4
dvantassel11
A Cyclonian
I've toggled the check boxes with no success. I'm not even sure what the check boxes are for as they don't seem to affect anything. I've also changed the icons to see if that would make a difference, no luck. Very frustrating as I found the notes on the map helpful. The problem has also started on other alts. At this point any alt can create notes but only one can actually see them on the map.

05-05-13, 11:22 AM   #5
Twink
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
I am using 5.2.1 alpha 10r1.

A note i created in alpha 9 is not showing on the map. I just tried to make a new note and it did not show on the map.

If i right click the minimap C and select "show notes" both notes are listed at the correct positions, but still nothing showing on the map!

No errors at all are given.

05-09-13, 12:15 AM   #6
dvantassel11
A Cyclonian
Additional info: I can see notes on the Isle of Thunder but so far not in other zones where I have notes. I haven't checked them all but Valley of Four Winds and Stormwind there are notes but they are not visible.

05-31-13, 06:04 PM   #7
Rris
A Defias Bandit
Exclamation Notes Problem - Coords off the map

OK, this has happened to me too, actually starting sometimes last month. This is what I have tracked down so far.

All my original Notes display fine, and I have a lot of them, hundreds in various Pandaria zones.
If I add a note to an old world zone, like in kalimdor, it works fine.
If I add a note now to Pandaria, say in Vale of Eternal Blossoms, its does not show up on the map and I see that unlike a normal coordinate listed (like 45.8 32.6) I see a way out of range coordinate such as 72.8 1889.4

Coordinates are displaying correctly for my toon and the mouse pointer in the Carbonite Map, so someplace between map pointer and storage in Notes, the coordinates are being munged up.
This seems to happen now in all Pandarian zones. I seems to work OK in the oldworld zones I have tried so far.

I did a test and turned off all other add-ons and erased my stored Notes file and it continues to fail to correctly add notes to pandaria.

Any fix on this would be great!
Thanks

05-31-13, 11:55 PM   #8
veldthui
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I have just noticed this myself. I tried to add a note for Goda today. Was in Diremoor at 53.0 53.6. Added the note and when I checked the note the cords there were 3.3 2240.9. I also noticed that one of the others I added last week was also like that and not showing on the map.

Hope this helps

06-01-13, 04:33 PM   #9
Rris
A Defias Bandit
Another odd thing I noticed today. Say I am in one pandaren zone with my party. Our Icons show in the correct place in the zone, but if I mouse over another zone, out markers will sometimes jump into the zone I have moused over.
Could Carbonite be referencing Zone 0,0 to somthing thats floating instead of the continent 0,0 ?

Thanks!

06-01-13, 06:19 PM   #10
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Rris View Post
Another odd thing I noticed today. Say I am in one pandaren zone with my party. Our Icons show in the correct place in the zone, but if I mouse over another zone, out markers will sometimes jump into the zone I have moused over.
Could Carbonite be referencing Zone 0,0 to somthing thats floating instead of the continent 0,0 ?

Thanks!
that one I haven't figured out the best way to stop it.... when you hover over a zone, your pointer / party / minimap (sometimes) gets displayed because physically the game is being told that's your current map so that everything displays. I need to figure out a way to say show this map, but your real map location is x so unless your showing x don't update player positions.

06-13-13, 06:54 PM   #11
Rris
A Defias Bandit
Exclamation

Any movement on the Notes bad coordinates issue? Anything more I can do to help track down the bug?
Issue still remains: Create a note and the stored coordinate is way way out of range so the note does not appear on the map. Anything I can do to help track this down please let me know.
Thanks!

06-13-13, 07:04 PM   #12
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Next bug on my list to look at... wanted to get the other ones out since they were addon halting / error generating.

07-04-13, 02:48 PM   #13
Kreelor
A Firelord

Lightbulb

This question I'm about to ask is coming from way out in left field...

... Is there any chance that you (Rythal) might be able to allow Notes to utilize "drag-n-drop" for purposes of relocating Notes upon maps with the mouse? Of course, the coord's would have to be updated automatically to the new position. If it can be done, maybe allowing keybinding to that option to distinguish its use from other map mouse button clicks, so as not to interfere with them would be helpful?

I told you it was a far-fetched thought. LOL. But, I do remember you asking if users have any other ideas or desires before you tackled the Notes issue.

09-13-13, 12:43 PM   #14
Tequima
An Aku'mai Servant
Note icon too small

I just added back in the notes for Pandarian treasures (http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=7997 for reference - about comment 12 in the list v handy!)

however the star icon is miniscule - I can only see it is there as a tiny yellow spark when I hover my mouse over it & get the text.

09-14-13, 07:23 AM   #15
Eternal_Lynx
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Tequima View Post
I just added back in the notes for Pandarian treasures (http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=7997 for reference - about comment 12 in the list v handy!)

however the star icon is miniscule - I can only see it is there as a tiny yellow spark when I hover my mouse over it & get the text.
Go to Map Options and set Icon Scale Min to a bigger number e.g. 15.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Notes