04-13-19, 10:04 AM   #1
JDoubleU00
A Firelord

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Loot Tracking

Is there an addon that can track what I loot and allow me to save the information into a csv file so I can import it into Excel?
04-13-19, 04:01 PM   #2
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Addons don't have direct access to the filesystem. The best you can do is export data into a savedvar, which appears as a Lua file with a table definition inside.
04-13-19, 04:10 PM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Don't forget the saved variables file is not in a format compatible with csv or spreadsheet systems. You would have to write a program to read the saved variables file after you log out of the game. If you only want to import a sessions / weeks worth etc of loot then you will have to make sure that the addon has a clear function or you delete the saved variables file before relogging in.

I had a look at 6 pages of 'loot' based addons with none that said or implied that loot was being stored between sessions.
04-13-19, 05:56 PM   #4
JDoubleU00
A Firelord

I'm aware of the addon restrictions to the file system. I was hoping for one of them that stored data between sessions. Maybe I'll try to cobble something together. I knew that saved variable format isn't csv compatible.
04-14-19, 09:46 AM   #5
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I would suggest grab one of the loot addons that has the nearest functionality and easiest code to decipher and use that as inspiration for your addon. It will save you hunting down every api command to do the stuff you need if someone has already done it. Just remember to put a shout out to them as thanks.
04-14-19, 10:38 AM   #6
JDoubleU00
A Firelord

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
I would suggest grab one of the loot addons that has the nearest functionality and easiest code to decipher and use that as inspiration for your addon. It will save you hunting down every api command to do the stuff you need if someone has already done it. Just remember to put a shout out to them as thanks.
()x2

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Loot Tracking