05-03-09, 05:26 PM   #1
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
BlizzCon 2009 - Community Plans

[Edit] The hotels that Blizzard has arranged group rates with are listed on their BlizzCon Travel page.

I know that last year I arranged a group rate for any that wanted to get in on it. I tried to look into doing the same thing again this year, but I can't come up with any one place that meets the various criteria that have been set. Either a hotel is [too expensive], or [too far away], or doesn't have [acceptable internet access], or isn't [acceptable quality] or ....

So, sorry guys, but not coming up with a group rate this year. I know that Blizzard will have deals worked out with some of the hotels as per usual so of course you should definitely look at those when Blizzard gets them posted.

In the meantime, based on variations of the criteria listed above (price, distance, quality, internet access) - these are 6 of the different hotels I was considering for attempting to get group rates at and/or have been recommended by people that stayed at them in previous years:

Hilton
Marriott
Clarion
Stovall's
RedLion
Cortona

Last edited by Cairenn : 05-05-09 at 03:48 PM.
05-03-09, 05:30 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Dinner - do we want to do another "UI Community Dinner" thing again this year?

If yes, I need to start getting an idea of the number of people that would want to attend, and the general price range they would be willing to pay. Each year the group going is getting larger and larger, which is making it harder and harder for me to find somewhere that will accept a group large enough without being pricey.

Disney - same question.

Not that this really matters quite so much, everyone has to get their tickets on their own, it's just to get a general idea whether a bunch of us want to hook up to go to Disney or not, and if yes, to know who all is going so we make sure we all wait for each other.

Last edited by Cairenn : 05-04-09 at 01:52 AM.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » BlizzCon 2009 - Community Plans