06-24-10, 02:22 AM   #2701
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Kendian View Post
Had to turn to PhanxChat to get the look right, but I think I'm done tinkering for awhile, lol. My UF are the squares to the right and left of actionbars (they deplete downwards) As always C%C is needed, and any suggestions are appreciated~
First thing that jumps out at me is the unit frame texts. The seem shifted to the right of center. And for the sake of consistency the damage stop thing above your buttons uses a different font from the rest of the UI.

Other than those 2 things the rest looks nice and neat to me. Very nice.

As a side note. Zork was originally written in 1977 with the wide release for more general public consumption in 1979 for machines like the Apple II, Commodore 64 and TRS 80 computers by 3 of the 4 original programmers who had by that time founded Infocom. I remember playing it as a kid. </geek>

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

Last edited by MidgetMage55 : 06-24-10 at 02:28 AM.

06-24-10, 02:58 AM   #2702
Canities
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
As prommised, some live raid shots from ICC last night. Fixed the screenshot issue, some of my variables had dropped off from when i last rebuilt my UI... and yes i play windowed on a 1440x900 monitor in case your wondring about the odd image size.

Morrogar:

Council:

06-24-10, 06:45 AM   #2703
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Sort of a copied look of Real UI but using stuf...

I haven't raided yet this week due to the patch screwing us over on tuesday, will raid tomorrow and post raid shot

06-24-10, 02:14 PM   #2704
pHishr
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I like everything except for the HUD. It feels too invisible, or not noticable enough.

06-24-10, 02:27 PM   #2705
Wella
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

I like everything... except for the HUD and the screen fade around the edges. Takes away from the bloom, which also could be toned down, seems way too INYERFACE atm.
* ncHoverBind - I'm a Lock, what can you expect?
* oGlow - Agan, a missing feature
* Recount - Derp
* ShooShards - Another missing feature

"Your idea is good. So i will try it."
- popmissa

06-24-10, 06:23 PM   #2706
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Originally Posted by Wella View Post
I like everything... except for the HUD and the screen fade around the edges. Takes away from the bloom, which also could be toned down, seems way too INYERFACE atm.
It depends on where you're at actually I usually have the bloom on unless it's too bright. But the bloom really shines, when you're in caves and such.

I agree, with the hud >.>

06-24-10, 08:30 PM   #2707
Ither
A Firelord

LUI Galtar .. Ither .. LUI .. I'm lost

So it's been awhile.. it's been a sex change.. it's been a name change.. I went from Galtar to Ither, and now I'm seriously confused. LOL. I started out following loui and his godly designs. I think mainly because we are both from Germany (or at least he speaks Dutch which is nice.) What transpired after that was a pretty nice design, however of course he comes out with version 3.0 that blows every one away. Loved it, but too Starcrafty for me LOL. So, with 3.3.5 and a seriously bork Galtar edition, I went back to the drawing board. Of course, I can't step away from some of the things loui brought to the table. His ideas are flawless! With that said, here is the latest UI changes I've been working on and probably will never release. I'm pleased by the 2000 some downloads, but I can't take any credit. loui was the man behind it all.

Enjoy and thank you loui for helping/teaching/allowing me to hack up your old ui' LOL.

Galtar.. Ither.. hell someone..

06-24-10, 09:24 PM   #2708
Kendian
A Molten Giant

Toned down the colors, and centralized the font....not too sure it's a finished product, but it's getting very close, at least for my playing style. As always, suggestions, criticism, and comments are welcomed~

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Saurfang.jpg
Views:	764
Size:	975.1 KB
ID:	4499  Click image for larger version

Name:	Scholazar.jpg
Views:	709
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	4500  

06-25-10, 01:24 AM   #2709
Wella
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Galtar, or whatever you want me to call you, first things first, get rid of all that opaque black. Some of it's just not necessary (like the chat backgrounds, but that's a different debate), but most of it should just be toned down. Make it a bit more grey and a bit more translucent. At the moment my eyes are really being dragged down by that lot. Other than the amount of black you're using (ZOMGEMO) it seems pretty solid. Although I realised that you only seem to be using one of those panels all the time, which is for your chat. I mean, is that panel on your right there really just for raid frames?

Kendian, what I like about you is your choice of colours. They're not your typical Led-tastic bright-and-vibrant, but they have this wonderful retro feel to them and it makes me feel like I'm back at ColourLovers. One thing I don't like about you, however, is the fonts you use - I find them too extravagant and illegible. Really, you should try using something a lot simpler and just see how it turns out. I mean, just look at your DPS meter. Other than that, pretty nice work, except you still seem to like hugging the edge of the screen a bit too much. Also, those bars by the side of the auras really need to go, imo - they're not exactly practical and they look really weird.
* ncHoverBind - I'm a Lock, what can you expect?
* oGlow - Agan, a missing feature
* Recount - Derp
* ShooShards - Another missing feature

"Your idea is good. So i will try it."
- popmissa

06-25-10, 04:39 AM   #2710
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Well, I had decided to SEE if Svelte looked fine on a non-widescreen, and so far it does

Here is the NON-widescreen makeover of my Svelte UI

Both party shots, no raid shots..... For now

06-25-10, 07:18 AM   #2711
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

little update

http://www.abload.de/img/enb2010_6_25_13_5_22q669.png
http://www.abload.de/img/enb2010_6_25_13_10_21pu6f.png

Only thing changed since that pictures is that the left DXE timer bar is now where the buffs are in the ooc screen.

06-25-10, 07:59 AM   #2712
Zagrei
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
little update

http://www.abload.de/img/enb2010_6_25_13_5_22q669.png
http://www.abload.de/img/enb2010_6_25_13_10_21pu6f.png

Only thing changed since that pictures is that the left DXE timer bar is now where the buffs are in the ooc screen.

I really like this, Led! Very clean and simple, yet it still has a nice amount of OOMPH

06-25-10, 01:54 PM   #2713
Kendian
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Wella View Post
Kendian, what I like about you is your choice of colours. They're not your typical Led-tastic bright-and-vibrant, but they have this wonderful retro feel to them and it makes me feel like I'm back at ColourLovers. One thing I don't like about you, however, is the fonts you use - I find them too extravagant and illegible. Really, you should try using something a lot simpler and just see how it turns out. I mean, just look at your DPS meter. Other than that, pretty nice work, except you still seem to like hugging the edge of the screen a bit too much. Also, those bars by the side of the auras really need to go, imo - they're not exactly practical and they look really weird.
The bars by the aura are the timers, part of gusmallbuffs, cant really get rid of 'em, lol. And ya, the fonts are something that I play with alot, and I have to agree, I keep getting drawn to this Ultima font, but it gets too crazy, and I have to retreat to something a bit more legible. Anyhow, thanks for the suggestions, guess it's back to tha drawing board~

06-25-10, 05:34 PM   #2714
Dawn
A Molten Giant

My current WIP on unitframes - oUF, ofc! The UI is a mess, it's only to show off the frames.

The health border is threat coloured, the power border is coloured by debuff.

The border is not !beautycase, it's a backdrop with just an edgefile ...
Your own buffs/debuffs are enlarged and colored. Other debuffs are desaturated.
The bar below the player frame are actionbuttons, used to track some short/important CDs, all other buttons are hidden. The party goes below the player frame, like you can see in the first shot.
The green part on that DK's hp in the last shot is healcomm ...

Like always, no UIScale used.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

Last edited by Dawn : 06-25-10 at 05:55 PM.

06-25-10, 06:54 PM   #2715
Minerv
A Black Drake

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
-wall of text-
As i've already told u, love those unit frames! only thing i would do is move the mana text to the left of the UF.

06-25-10, 07:12 PM   #2716
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Originally Posted by Minerv View Post
As i've already told u, love those unit frames! only thing i would do is move the mana text to the left of the UF.
I agree. I like the Mana Bar on the Raid/party Frames to the left, not the right. Idk why... :O

edit - Top Left.:P See how that looks, otherwise bottom left.

06-25-10, 07:37 PM   #2717
Mechrior
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

OK im ready for the flames of OMFG this is so bad.... so cluttered and so uneven.... bear in mind i span across 2 monitors and its not always finished..... im always playing with it and slowly migrating more and more onto the second screen that doesnt need to be on the first screen!

With that in mind ANY "constructive" critisism is VERY welcome.....

06-25-10, 09:12 PM   #2718
harrellj
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
A couple of things. You have your UI nicely tweaked, but then left both Omen and Recount standard. I'd also highly suggest moving your quest log over onto the second screen, especially when you're in a raid. Also, most of the information on the top 2 bars are also good candidates for moving over. And do I spy 3 boss health frames? One on the second screen that looks like it is spawned from DBM, one on the main screen in its own separate frame and one as part of your HUD. Same with runesand your own health/runic power, you have 2 displays for that as well. Which do you refer to in the heat of battle? Obviously, that is the one that should be saved and the others removed since they are taking up space. Your bar textures aren't very consistent across the UI either, and fixing that will help. The font seems consistent on its own, but sometimes it appears to be in italics while othertimes it is not, I'd suggest cleaning that up too.

The timer text on your buff bars is overlapped by the text of the buff itself (if the buff name is long enough), is there a way to set up shorter names maybe or do you even need the buffs that visible (set up a separate frame for the procs/buffs that interest you and let the rest fade to a low level opacity to not be quite so in your face). This is a completely personal preference thing though. Another thing that is a personal suggestion is that its obvious you don't use very many of your action bars. The mounts/pets/stuff on the left hand ones can probably be almost completely all keybound (via something like bindpad), leaving you that chunk of space free to do whatever, and some of your other items can probably be keybound as well.

06-26-10, 03:16 AM   #2719
Attro
A Murloc Raider
@Dawn

I just started using the latest version of your unit frames and I'm very happy with them. As far as the one you posted here... the thing that sticks out at me is the height of your new cast bar. It is very thin... and being a caster we tend to look at our cast bars a lot. Everyone has their opinion (which is all subjective)... my opinion is that having a thicker cast bar makes life a lot easier as a caster... even non-casters I would think would like to see a think cast bar on their target (at least for pvp).

I like the idea of putting the action bars up under the player frame. I'm looking forward to your next release... hopefully you'll make it available soon

Edit: I'm also not a big fan of the class icons next to the raid frames... I think the class colors already on your frames is plenty... the icons seem kinda useless. Removing them would allow more space to increase the size player pets for healers, which I think would help healers needing/wanting to heal pets.

Last edited by Attro : 06-26-10 at 03:23 AM.

06-26-10, 04:06 AM   #2720
Mechrior
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Thumbs up

I appologise now for the way I set this out its just a minor for of ocd for replying to comments :P....... helps to keep my mind knowing what im replying to.

Originally Posted by harrellj View Post
A couple of things. You have your UI nicely tweaked, but then left both Omen and Recount standard.
The main reason for this is I have yet to play with kgpanels and recount / omen yet and integrate them into the UI..... as of right now they are kinda just popping up when needed over carbonites smaller map which sits in that corner when questing or locating where I am in a dungeon. other wise its just my combat log there provided by hitsmode5

I'd also highly suggest moving your quest log over onto the second screen, especially when you're in a raid. Also, most of the information on the top 2 bars are also good candidates for moving over.
I have been thinking about placing it over there at some point and its not like I dont have the spare space to play with. As for the top 2 bars on the picture, thats a tough one because im so used to having them there but I will move them over and see how I feel, normally they contain some other modules for my leveling alts so its tricky to decide what to keep and what to move.

And do I spy 3 boss health frames? One on the second screen that looks like it is spawned from DBM, one on the main screen in its own separate frame and one as part of your HUD. Same with runesand your own health/runic power, you have 2 displays for that as well. Which do you refer to in the heat of battle? Obviously, that is the one that should be saved and the others removed since they are taking up space.
With regards to the boss health frames I do think the DBM one shouldnt be there as its only supposed to pop up for fights with multiple bosses like the 4 horsemen in naxx. As to the doubleing up of the boss health and my health/runes/runic its more a case strangely enough of I actually refer to both depending on the situational effect of the fight........ normally when im in rotational dps mode and im just hacking away at a boss I glance to the hug which should actually be alot smaller and I think the scale got tweaked in the patch, but when I flick over to check threat and cooldowns on things like my gargoyle and status of my bone sheild I tend to glance to the default boss frame there. I ahave always worked this way but I do use the hud more but the ToT display for that is annoying and my boss/target UF has that appearing just under it..... I will say again though...... its just something im used to and other people could turn it off if they wanted...... simple enough.

Your bar textures aren't very consistent across the UI either, and fixing that will help. The font seems consistent on its own, but sometimes it appears to be in italics while othertimes it is not, I'd suggest cleaning that up too.
Hmmmm the subject of textures refers back to the recount/omen thing..... im still getting things sorted with reference to that..... thought I would get the general look right first, and the italic font is intentional for my personal preference in places to remind me of certain important or flavour information.

The timer text on your buff bars is overlapped by the text of the buff itself (if the buff name is long enough), is there a way to set up shorter names maybe or do you even need the buffs that visible (set up a separate frame for the procs/buffs that interest you and let the rest fade to a low level opacity to not be quite so in your face). This is a completely personal preference thing though.
That is something I had noticed and I have been meaning to tweak that either to shorter names or smaller text as its easy enough to see right now anyway. to be honest I am a self confessed information monster, I like to know as much as possible so I can adjust my playstyle to match. Once again if this was ever released it would not be hard for the end user to quickly change that for themselves.

Another thing that is a personal suggestion is that its obvious you don't use very many of your action bars. The mounts/pets/stuff on the left hand ones can probably be almost completely all keybound (via something like bindpad), leaving you that chunk of space free to do whatever, and some of your other items can probably be keybound as well.
OK, this is where my twisted self comes into play alot..... the leftmost bars (over the minimap and chat frame) are autobar and are there mostly for reference and speed of access. With regards to not using very many of my action bars, thats not completely right..... they are partitioned into sections to a) fit into the UI back panels. b) they change slightly ffrom character to character and are toggleable. c) they actually correspond to certain buttons on my mouse and Logitech G13 gampad in one of the 3 modes it uses dor tank/dps/heals. the mounts and items down on the left of my unit frame are there for personal preference as quick clicks for when i need them and to be honest its faster for me than setting up obscure keybinds her there and everywhere, but as you have said once or twice it personal preference/opinion which is a good thing :P

Overall I can see some things now that really need tweaking across the UI and im gonna actually look into that today I think while I have some spare time. Thanks very mmuch for the comments and I hope to upload a new more pleasing screenshot soon :P

Last edited by Mechrior : 06-26-10 at 04:06 AM. Reason: missing [/quote]

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Screen Shots of your UI...