11-09-08, 06:14 AM   #1
Jynks
A Frostmaul Preserver
Please recomend me some mods that..... .. .

Hi there...

I am new to WOWinterface. I have been using curse for the longest time but have started to notice that this site has many mods that curse dose not as well as being much faster to use and stuff... So i am trying to move to this service for my mod needs....

Anyways... there are a few mods i get from curse that I am unable to find on this site.. and would like you guys to recommend me any mods (if they exist) that are on WOWinterface that do basicly the same thing.

1) GatherMate + GatherHUD
* Kinda like Gatherer but much simpler and easy to use with less lag on memory. It also has GatherHUD witch is a "compas" type thing that apears in the middle of your screen when turned on.. sorta like a larger minimap.
* Also both mods are supported by routes
2) LootHOG
* This is a very cool mod imo... it simple captures the /roll and puts them in a neat display window.. as well as having a report button to send the roll list/winner into party/raid chat.
* The buety of this mod is it is so simple
3) Recount
* This is a famous mod i am suprised it is not here.... it is a damadge meter
4) CT RaidTracker
* I use EQdkp+ and this is the mod recommended for it. I havetried YABBtracker but it dosn't seam to import perfectly into the website.

The reason why I am asking is that I would like to have all my mods on this site so i can use teh awesome WOWinterface updater thing.. having some mods on curse and come on here is sortaa pain... so if you know anything that can do the kind of things I am talking about here then please let me know.
11-09-08, 06:43 AM   #2
tinyu
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
when it comes to where mods are hosted some authors prefer to only host at one site and not others, imho they should host at all sites to really get there mods seen but thats just me .

as a replacement for CTRA have you tried oRA2 which is found on this site?
11-09-08, 07:21 AM   #3
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by tinyu View Post
as a replacement for CTRA have you tried oRA2 which is found on this site?
He is asking about CTRaidTracker which is a different beast than CTRA. CTRT is a tool for Raid Leaders to keep track of attendence, loot distribution and such usually for DKP purpose and later uploading to a DKP site.

To the OP, like Tinyu said, the AddOn hosting location is up to the author and their preferences. Most of the mods you have listed where previously hosted on the old WoWAce files site however since WoWAce now uses the CurseForge software, its extremely easy for authors to push releases to Curse. Thus you will likely see most of those mods stay on Curse. However you can always ask the author of those mods to upload them on WoWI

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Please recomend me some mods that..... .. .