09-07-18, 11:54 AM   #1
joeyo
An Aku'mai Servant
target frame name length

hello everyone i was wondering if there is a line i can add into one of my current addons to make the targets name extend the amount of characters it shows.for example when i target something the name will go up to 10 characters and then show a "..." for the rest of it. was curious if there is a way to extend it past 10 characters to not show the "..." and instead show the full name without lowering the font?
09-07-18, 05:40 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That depends on whether you use a unit frame addon, or the default unit frames. And, no, I can't answer your question, but, this is something that has to be known for an answer to be given.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
09-07-18, 11:33 PM   #3
joeyo
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
That depends on whether you use a unit frame addon, or the default unit frames. And, no, I can't answer your question, but, this is something that has to be known for an answer to be given.
ok im using an addon called easy frames for my player and target frame and i checked the addon and it doesnt seem to have an option for it
09-08-18, 05:25 AM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

In that case, all I can suggest is that, perhaps, you should try another unit frame addon or go back to the default unit frames. Or you can find the piece of code that controls what you want and change it. The only problem with doing that, is that you'll have to change that piece of code every time the addon is updated - unless the update happens to fix it.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 09-08-18 at 09:26 AM. Reason: more blah blah blah.
09-08-18, 10:53 PM   #5
joeyo
An Aku'mai Servant
well i was curious to see if there was a script to modify the default frames sort of like how you can change the font and everything else.
09-09-18, 05:34 AM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

There probably is, but, I don't know it unfortunately.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » target frame name length