06-08-12, 12:00 PM   #1
GOSYDELIX
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I think it's oUF..

Hey guys, i was going through my random map of pictures and found this:
Ui

And i was wondering if anyone knew what unitframes he's using on that picture.

Greatly appriciated if anyone could tell me what unitframes thoose are
06-08-12, 12:44 PM   #2
Kendian
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It very well could be an oUF but it's not one I'm familiar with. That setup WOULD be spectacularly easy to achieve with Stuf, though. Sorry, I could no be more help~

Edit: It looks naggingly familiar, lol. Carebear or Qulight, mebbe?

Last edited by Kendian : 06-08-12 at 12:49 PM.
06-08-12, 12:55 PM   #3
GOSYDELIX
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

If i knew how to write in the lua i would change it, but unfortuneatly, i don't posses the skills to do it, that's why i'm asking here
06-08-12, 03:59 PM   #4
0Lime
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
That's kawUI. The unit frames are oUF with some snazzy features like a polymorph timer, and some minor cosmetic features.

06-09-12, 05:11 PM   #5
GOSYDELIX
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

That's very nice to hear that you knew that, but i tried to search for the UI but couldn't find anything :\.. do you perhaps have a link or any suggestion where i could find it ?
06-09-12, 08:17 PM   #6
Phanx
Cat.

A quick Google search reveals that kawUI used to be hosted here on WoWI, but was removed. This probably means that its author removed it, and no longer wishes to distribute his/her work.

However, the unit frames in the screenshot you posted look pretty much like every "pixel font/border" oUF layout ever created, so you should be able to find something similar, if not identical, over in the oUF layout category. Once you find one you like, simply install oUF plus the layout, and you should be good to go.
06-10-12, 03:46 AM   #7
GOSYDELIX
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Thank you for the helpful information Phanx, atleast i know now that i can't find exactly what i want !
sad but true , i'll just search on for something that might fall in my taste
06-10-12, 04:11 AM   #8
lerb
A Frostmaul Preserver

I know it might look intimidating to tackle oUF layouts the first time you look at them. But downloading and looking at the Lua for a while, do some trial and error, and you'll soon get the hang of it. Most users (like me) don't want to change functions or add stuff, it's mostly about styling them visually.

I really encourage you to try, you would soon find that oUF is a very powerfull unitframe addon. I'll be glad to help you with what little knowledge I have
06-10-12, 07:10 AM   #9
GOSYDELIX
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Thanks lerb, and to be honest, i'm actually looking at it as we "speak".

Opened it up with notepad++ but i still can't figure out what is what haha, some comments on the codes would most defineatly help me to start understanding
06-10-12, 08:55 AM   #10
lerb
A Frostmaul Preserver

Gotcha covered bud! Check out oUF_Simple.

It's a tutorial oriented oUF layout created by Zork, it has got good amounts of commenting. Good going with Notepad++ btw, that's what I use.

Here's the link to oUF_Simple.
06-10-12, 09:55 PM   #11
Phanx
Cat.

I actually wouldn't recommend oUF_Simple as a starting point for anyone new to programming. It's great for people with a programming background who are new to Lua and/or WoW addons, but I think it's really way too big and complicated for someone without any programming experience.

Instead, I'd recommend looking at oUF_Classic or oUF_Lily, the two example layouts Haste (the author of oUF) links to on the oUF page. Both are pretty simple, with the main parts contained in just one file, and provide much better starting points for (a) understanding how oUF layouts work, and (b) building your own layout.
06-11-12, 03:59 AM   #12
Qupe
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
I actually wouldn't recommend oUF_Simple as a starting point for anyone new to programming. It's great for people with a programming background who are new to Lua and/or WoW addons, but I think it's really way too big and complicated for someone without any programming experience.

Instead, I'd recommend looking at oUF_Classic or oUF_Lily, the two example layouts Haste (the author of oUF) links to on the oUF page. Both are pretty simple, with the main parts contained in just one file, and provide much better starting points for (a) understanding how oUF layouts work, and (b) building your own layout.
I'd have to 100% agree.

Granted, I didn't have a single bit of lua knowledge in the slightest when I started with oUF_Simple, but it was FreChinEgyptian to me,=.

I spent a while messing with other layouts - basically learning if I changed x, y would happen etc...

If you have a working LUA background or have worked with something similar to LUA (or another language), oUF_Simple might be too advanced for you.

Best suggestion (if you aren't using something like STUF or Pitbull already!) is find an oUF layout you like, look at the code (most authors are gracious enough to explain what the following section of code does) and start messing with it.

I know multiple people have referenced this for me (my lua-fu is reallllllly mediocre at best, but this helped): http://wowprogramming.com/

You can view each header, forums, and search the website for a specific function you're looking to modify - basically, it's been invaluable.
06-11-12, 06:54 AM   #13
GOSYDELIX
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Thanks guys, really appriciate your effort to help me out !
06-11-12, 08:05 AM   #14
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Kendian View Post
Edit: It looks naggingly familiar, lol. Carebear or Qulight, mebbe?
Neither, but a mutual friend of mine and Carebear.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » I think it's oUF..