08-10-08, 02:21 PM   #401
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by eloora View Post
I really like the new design, though I have a feeling my small gripe post a few pages back might have been accidentally overlooked.
Quite to the contrary... compare the size of the health/mana bars in this version of the unit frames versus the last and you'll see that they are considerably larger. That was specifically for and because of you. ~smile~

I'm not crazy about unnecessary icons and values covering hp bars. Can you shove the PvP icon back in a corner so it's less obtrusive?
As in my prior post, you're welcome to move them at a later date and time ~smile~ Or you can even get rid of them altogether if you prefer. I think I'm going to stick with them there unless I hear a flood of complaints as I actually find them to be very "obvious" yet out of the way. Sitting in the middle of the health bar was the one place where they didn't seem to be overlapping things or out of place.

Speaking strictly for myself, the middle of the health bar is not terribly important information in my view... a full healthbar matters, an empty health bar matters, but knowing exactly where the edge of the bar is when it's at 50% isn't all that important to me. Again, just my opinion on that.

In any event, you'll be able to turn them off easily enough.

08-10-08, 02:27 PM   #402
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Archippus... I'm glad to hear the new design works for you. In fact, I'm glad to hear it from pretty much everyone. I haven't heard any screams of agony from anyone on this one yet, just some mostly cosmetic concerns, so I think we may well have a winner as I suggested in the original post ~smile~

Originally Posted by Archippus View Post
One comment based on the casting bar in your screenshot... Get a new ISP or play on a closer server. You've got too much lag, my friend. lol
~lol~

Yeah... I have lag issues and it makes Battlegrounds a PITA as people have usually picked up the flag before I saw that it dropped and I find myself ganked by players who were on their mount when last I saw them. But that hunter still wrecks a battleground ~grin~

This just in from my wife: Does the mouse-over unit frame give any indication of level of difficulty? That's one thing she's missing. Is a target gray, green, yellow, orange or red to her?
At present is shows you the reaction of the unit to you... gray for trivial and "tapped" mobs, red for hostile, green for friendly and yellow for neutral. I hadn't really thought about or of coloring the frames by level of difficulty.

08-10-08, 03:45 PM   #403
Mularto
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Locking the buttons

Hello bud i love your ui I only have 1 issue how do i lock the buttons so they dont keep swapping spells etc etc around its killing me im not sure if you have covered this before if so i apologize

08-10-08, 03:54 PM   #404
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Mularto View Post
Hello bud i love your ui I only have 1 issue how do i lock the buttons so they dont keep swapping spells etc etc around its killing me im not sure if you have covered this before if so i apologize
Go to the WoW interface options menu, select action bars and click on the option to lock your action bars. After that you can only move buttons around on the bars by using shift-click.

08-10-08, 04:00 PM   #405
Mularto
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
thank you

now thats service lol ty and i know feel like a noob oh well that helps so much

08-10-08, 04:03 PM   #406
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Mularto View Post
now thats service lol ty and i know feel like a noob oh well that helps so much
Not a problem... my first toon, my warrior, was level 49 before I found out there was a quest he was supposed to do for Berserker Stance.

edit: I still remember when I first started out in Coldridge Valley and the feeling of awe, amazement and being completely lost that I had. I kind of miss it.

~grin~

Last edited by spiel2001 : 08-10-08 at 04:07 PM.

08-10-08, 04:14 PM   #407
Mularto
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
but still

lol that would be fine if i didnt have 5 70s guess i didnt realize it worked for the nui as well ah well lesson learned and damn good job on the ui i have used several and find this one cleanest and less resource hungry ever try victoryrush ui? wow

08-10-08, 05:58 PM   #408
Archippus
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
At present is shows you the reaction of the unit to you... gray for trivial and "tapped" mobs, red for hostile, green for friendly and yellow for neutral. I hadn't really thought about or of coloring the frames by level of difficulty.
*scream of agony*

I did notice the reaction color. Would it be possible to add the Blizz-standard WoW difficulty color indicators (ie: the gray, green, yellow, orange, red)? Maybe just color the target's level number? I do believe it is a good indicator of "Hey dummy, you shouldn't be fighting this thing..."

One thing I just noticed about the new layout - I absolutely love that you brought the left and right upper action bars closer together. I like to have everything front-and-center, and the beta 1 design makes me have to reach for some buttons. This new beta 2 design is much more ergonomic. Thanks for that little change!

08-10-08, 06:07 PM   #409
spiel2001
nUI's Author

You know what? Now that I think about it, the mouseover does show the unit's level and class and the level text is colored according to difficulty exactly as you describe though it's a bit smallish in the mouseover frame to be immediately obvious. I'll work on that so she can see the difficulty there a bit more easily.

Originally Posted by Archippus View Post
*scream of agony*

I did notice the reaction color. Would it be possible to add the Blizz-standard WoW difficulty color indicators (ie: the gray, green, yellow, orange, red)? Maybe just color the target's level number? I do believe it is a good indicator of "Hey dummy, you shouldn't be fighting this thing..."

One thing I just noticed about the new layout - I absolutely love that you brought the left and right upper action bars closer together. I like to have everything front-and-center, and the beta 1 design makes me have to reach for some buttons. This new beta 2 design is much more ergonomic. Thanks for that little change!

08-10-08, 06:32 PM   #410
Archippus
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
You know what? Now that I think about it, the mouseover does show the unit's level and class and the level text is colored according to difficulty exactly as you describe though it's a bit smallish in the mouseover frame to be immediately obvious. I'll work on that so she can see the difficulty there a bit more easily.
*tips hat in thanks and grabs a Snicker bar*

(Don't get excited. The hat tip is for you. The Snicker bar is for me. Love those things.)

08-11-08, 10:38 AM   #411
blackfirefox
An Aku'mai Servant

Beta 2 - The Anticipation

I am dyin in anticipation of this release, I check the boards like every 10 minutes drooling for an update. Anything, throw a dog a bone!

Just kidding, I am just excited about seeing the next phase in this already glorious piece of work!!

08-11-08, 11:59 AM   #412
PapaSmurf
A Kobold Labourer
I'm having a problem with the Quest Log window: most of the time, only the upper one third of the left pane shows. The rest of the pane is blank and I am unable to see all of my quests. Reloading the ui does not help.
Any suggestions?

08-11-08, 12:41 PM   #413
noble8
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
I'm having a problem with the Quest Log window: most of the time, only the upper one third of the left pane shows. The rest of the pane is blank and I am unable to see all of my quests. Reloading the ui does not help.
Any suggestions?
This is another mod, as nUI doesn't touch the quest log.
Please list the mod you may think causes this, i.e. any quest mods, or list all your mods.

Beat you fox, who scans the forums more often

Last edited by noble8 : 08-11-08 at 12:45 PM.

08-11-08, 12:41 PM   #414
blackfirefox
An Aku'mai Servant

Any suggestions?
Rename our WTF folder to wtf.old and resign on, disable all your add-ons except for NUI, see if you have any issues after that, if you do not then one of your add ons is grumpy with NUI

08-11-08, 01:11 PM   #415
Archippus
A Cyclonian
Any suggestions?
I didn't have problems w/ Quest Helper and nUI, so I think Quest Helper is friends with nUI. Must be something else giving you trouble.

However, when I switched from Quest Helper to Carbonite, things got ugly for a short time. Carbonite has a menu option, which is active by default, which moves "minimap into Carbonite map". That little checkbox caused all kinds of damage to the nice nUI layout and essentially made both AddOns unusable - and it was all fixed by unchecking the box. So, Carbonite users... be aware!

08-11-08, 05:41 PM   #416
gothicknight
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
even tho this may be a bit premature, I would like to ask if any1 with knowledge skinning knowledge if they could create a skin for the new nUI using the same textures found in this UI as it looks beautiful:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...slaughtUI.html.

All i am asking for is the the color and textures he used.

like i said, pretty premature, but i thought i would ask in case i forgot.

Can't wait for the new version

08-12-08, 01:53 AM   #417
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Exclamation Woooooohooooooooooo....

Success!

I've been battling with a bug in the new unit code for well over a week now that was impacting performance. I finally found it.

Check out the new screencap showing what I expect to be the party/group unit frame panel. More than that... look at the frame rate... that's on my laptop, in a battleground in the heat of combat.

Yeah baby.

~grin~

So... aside from that, as I mentioned, this is the first peek at the party/group unit frames. I would appreciate your feedback.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GroupShot.jpg
Views:	737
Size:	619.4 KB
ID:	1831  Click image for larger version

Name:	Group2.jpg
Views:	760
Size:	616.5 KB
ID:	1832  

Last edited by spiel2001 : 08-12-08 at 02:02 AM.

08-12-08, 02:47 AM   #418
Drianna
A Fallenroot Satyr

Hi,
First of all a huge thank you for all the hard work and effort you have put into this project, the very fact you take the time and effort to reply to just about every post deserves a huge pat on the back in itself.

I have been using Nui since 1.8 beta release and think it is great. My only concern was the inability to have the unit frames and omen open at the same time. I know you where fixing this in release 2, however i was a little concerned by the latest screenshots that the omen/stats/map etc window seems to have been replaced my a chat box. I obviously realise this is still under development and looking great but was wondering if this kind of app integration was still on the agenda. I have seen it mentioned that you where also thinking about allowing the user to tap into the rotation and add additional mods - i use zygor's levelling in game levelling guide and this would be great if it could be so.

Once again thanks for all you hard work and effort - donation on its way.

/dri

08-12-08, 03:56 AM   #419
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Drianna --

What you see on the right side in these latest screen caps is the combat log which got moved into the info panel for the benefit of those who want to see it and the chat at the same time. The chat window, itself, is still on the left. You access the combat log the same way you do the other info panel options (Omen, Recount, etc.) and those options are still there.

Originally Posted by Drianna View Post
Hi,
First of all a huge thank you for all the hard work and effort you have put into this project, the very fact you take the time and effort to reply to just about every post deserves a huge pat on the back in itself.

I have been using Nui since 1.8 beta release and think it is great. My only concern was the inability to have the unit frames and omen open at the same time. I know you where fixing this in release 2, however i was a little concerned by the latest screenshots that the omen/stats/map etc window seems to have been replaced my a chat box. I obviously realise this is still under development and looking great but was wondering if this kind of app integration was still on the agenda. I have seen it mentioned that you where also thinking about allowing the user to tap into the rotation and add additional mods - i use zygor's levelling in game levelling guide and this would be great if it could be so.

Once again thanks for all you hard work and effort - donation on its way.

/dri

08-12-08, 04:22 AM   #420
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
question

your last pictures look very promising.. but i noticed in the middle 3 bottom center unit frames had buffs and debuffs in weird places. is that going to be in the final ir is there a fix in work for that?

i noticed the top of the ui changed .. love what you have done.. is that in preparation for some additional functionality?

thanks again... cant wait.

Last edited by mscott998 : 08-12-08 at 04:26 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement