04-07-08, 06:07 AM   #341
griffin224
Premium Member

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by neoaj View Post
Not really sure if this is related to Mazzle or not, but my system locks up when using the portal going to the new area, and teleporting out of the area.

Also if I idle out I can not log in my toon. Everything loads then I get kicked out until I disable the addons and then everything is fine. Unfortantly I am not seeing any errors to post to help sort this out.

As to how I get in and out, If I fly from Iron Forge to the new area everything is fine, and if I fly out everything is fine.
I had a guildie with the EXACT same problem. She ended up having spyware interfering with WoW. What worked for her.. find the spyware, remove it, completely re-install WoW.
04-07-08, 06:58 AM   #342
jrb
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by griffin224 View Post
I had a guildie with the EXACT same problem. She ended up having spyware interfering with WoW. What worked for her.. find the spyware, remove it, completely re-install WoW.
dude.. that signature is crazy-wide. Not all of us have 1600x1200 monitors, especially considering the last character graphic is empty. I've had to disable signatures in the forum options to prevent me getting rsi.
04-07-08, 07:23 AM   #343
Kadell
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by griffin224 View Post
Aethenelle has been and is putting a LOT of work into Mazzle, into updating some of the older, now obselete addons and Mazzifier settings so that they work again. If you read through these posts you will see not only does he post EVERY day, sometimes more than once, but tries to respond to NEARLY EVERY question,
And the majority of us are very appreciative of all the hard work.
[Qoute] so maybe everyone should get off his back, or even better, offer to help. Figure out how to code a little something, I did. Read through the forums, find an unanswered question and answer it. [/quote] Not everyone is able todo coding... and besides you need to have a understanding of how the basic program works before you go trying to change something.
Demanding a patch for 2.4.1 will NOT make it come to fruition any faster, and is in fact more likely to set Aethenelle off and delay it's release.
I have never seen anyone demand anything... But instead only to ask if there is some type of time frame... information is Power and without information Most ppl feel hopeless
04-07-08, 08:27 AM   #344
LBussy
Legend in my own mind

Premium Member
Sorry for this wall'o'quote but I wanted anyone reading this to be able to follow what the hell we're talking about:

Originally Posted by ketran View Post
/ttip does work, the version off WAU works fine, i dloaded all the tinytip modules and addons. i think about 4 of them, i don't think i needed all of them, but it works fine and has done for a couple of weeks now. it might be wise to delete tinytip first before downloading the new versions

try it and i'm certain everything will be fine )
Originally Posted by LBussy View Post
Tried that ... deleted like 4 folders, deleted the SV, reinstalled, cannot type /ttip without getting an error and it does nothing.
Originally Posted by ketran View Post
what error are you getting?
Any time I try to use any TinyTip command I get the following error:

Code:
[2008/04/07 09:23:13-207-x1]: TinyTip\TinyTip.lua:98: attempt to index global 'TinyTipOptions' (a nil value)
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:3032: in function <Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2957>:
<in C code>: ?
<in C code>: in function `ChatEdit_ParseText'
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2724: in function `ChatEdit_SendText':
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2745: in function `ChatEdit_OnEnterPressed':
<string>:"*:OnEnterPressed":1: in function <[string "*:OnEnterPressed"]:1>

---
The TOC on this particular build has the following:

Code:
## Interface: 20400
## Author: Thrae
## Version: 0.2-Beta
## Title: TinyTip
## Notes: Interacts with TinyTip modules, either integrated or standalone, to provide extra centralized functionality. Required for an in-game options menu and some other features. Comes with different modules by default, all of which can act by themselves as separate addons.
... this might not be the absolute latest, I'm running this on my laptop this morning, but last night I am completely sure I had the latest and got the same error.
04-07-08, 09:06 AM   #345
JayDee81
A Murloc Raider
Missing Skin @ Dependency

Hey there,

I've been using Mazzle since about 4-5 months and love it.
I kept up with the updates and fixes here and up to now I've had a smooth and OK transition to 2.4 and am just waiting for the new patch with integration of Bongos3.

Since today, I have the following problem;
The in-game Mazzle Skin is gone & the mini-map is moved to the top right.
I have not installed any new addons since yesterday (where everything was working). I did though download & use JWoWUpdater, after reading about it here. I used WAU before.

Someone has already put up a screenie of this problem (at least the missing skin iirc, can't find that post now).

My Addon slection screen tells me missing dependency for MazzleUI, I thought it might be BanzaiLib, which seems was changed to LibBanzai-2.0. I made a copy to also have BanzaiLib again, but it didn't solve the problem. RousterLib I have never heard of, it doesn't show in the addon list though (it is in the addon folder though).
Same with Ace2 & Ace3.

Anyone know what might be wrong? Maybe I am missing the tree in the forest? I belive I do

Cheers,
JD

EDIT1: I just found nQuestLog to be unbound from "L".

EDIT2: The DUF fix linked in the OP fixed all my problems. I didn't delete the WTF dir though, it still worked. YAY!

Last edited by JayDee81 : 04-07-08 at 04:52 PM.
04-07-08, 09:56 AM   #346
ketran
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Sorry for this wall'o'quote but I wanted anyone reading this to be able to follow what the hell we're talking about:

Code:
[2008/04/07 09:23:13-207-x1]: TinyTip\TinyTip.lua:98: attempt to index global 'TinyTipOptions' (a nil value)
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:3032: in function <Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2957>:
<in C code>: ?
<in C code>: in function `ChatEdit_ParseText'
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2724: in function `ChatEdit_SendText':
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2745: in function `ChatEdit_OnEnterPressed':
<string>:"*:OnEnterPressed":1: in function <[string "*:OnEnterPressed"]:1>

---
... this might not be the absolute latest, I'm running this on my laptop this morning, but last night I am completely sure I had the latest and got the same error.
ok line 98 in tinytip.lua is as follows
"TinyTipOptions:Show()"
the only thing i can think of is tinytipoptions addon is maybe disabled or not installed or something like that

it looks like it needs some ACE3 stuff i'm not too sure as i'm no expert )

the TOC has the following in it

Code:
libs\LibStub\LibStub.lua
libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.xml
libs\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0.xml
libs\AceConfig-3.0\AceConfig-3.0.xml
the first lib is within the tinytipoptions folder the other 3 are not but are all part of ACE3 and already loaded so maybe it must be something to do with this.
04-07-08, 11:31 AM   #347
Bergamo
An Aku'mai Servant

ItemRack tooltips

I'm not sure if this was a bug pre 2.4 or not....
It pertains to using ItemRack to set up "Sets"

Every time I go to highlight a piece with my cursor, the tooltip covers the entire ItemRack screen. I tried playing with the tooltip settings in ItemRack but it does nothing.

My TinyTip is set up to default Top left where I like it so I don't believe it has anything to do with that mod.

Is there another mod that works with ItemRack?

Or should I just abandon IR since it hasn't been updated since 07...if so can you guys recommend a replacement?

I will take a screenshot today....not sure how to post it in a thread like you guys have been....I am used to posting hyperlinks...

Thank you for your time

Bergs

HypnoCat stares into your soul !!!
04-07-08, 12:23 PM   #348
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Okay so, SCT was all out of whack after 2.4, if i mazzify sct will it set it back to the way it was before 2.4? or do i have to manual go threw and fix sct?

Any luck with a combat log fix yet? or witchhunt?

Also experiencing the same thing i have seen others post about... after updating everything my UI is using around 95megs of ram...
04-07-08, 02:22 PM   #349
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by YamiJim View Post
Aethenelle, if i donate to the mazzlui@gmail paypal account, do you get any money from it? I want to show my appreciation in the only way that really matters on the internet.
Nope, I'm doing this in my free time to keep sane during unemployment. I you really want to show your appreciation I could use a job ;P. That would kinda kill my free time so it'd be a little counter to your goals.

In reality, the reason I do this is to keep MazzleUI running for my own use. Keeping it working is all the appreciation I need...

The TOC on this particular build has the following:

Hmm... "wall'o'quote"... I like that... It's what I've been doing everytime i come to this thread. They've been getting shorter recently as we seem to be running out of errors.

As to your error: I've ben having the same problem. I assumed it'd be fixed soon by Threa so I haven't worked on it. Your version is he newest version. I just deleted and reinstalled tinytip and tinytipoptions and will let you know if that worked tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Bergamo View Post
I'm not sure if this was a bug pre 2.4 or not....
It pertains to using ItemRack to set up "Sets"

Every time I go to highlight a piece with my cursor, the tooltip covers the entire ItemRack screen. I tried playing with the tooltip settings in ItemRack but it does nothing.

My TinyTip is set up to default Top left where I like it so I don't believe it has anything to do with that mod.

Is there another mod that works with ItemRack?

Or should I just abandon IR since it hasn't been updated since 07...if so can you guys recommend a replacement?

I will take a screenshot today....not sure how to post it in a thread like you guys have been....I am used to posting hyperlinks...

Thank you for your time

Bergs
The anchoring stuff in WoW is a bit odd... It works at two points.... You give it a part of the frame you're anchoring and a part of the target frame. TOP LEFT is on of the the identifiers used to name those frame parts.

I'll take a look at that stuff tonight when i play.

Originally Posted by Carthrix View Post
Can some one please put all the fixes in one thread 33 pages is way to much to read thru FIXES only with no Error's would be nice
All known workarounds and fixes are listed on the OP of this thread. If it's not there I may have forgotten to link it, but more likely, the workaround/fix is not yet vetted.

Originally Posted by Grimsin View Post
Okay so, SCT was all out of whack after 2.4, if i mazzify sct will it set it back to the way it was before 2.4? or do i have to manual go threw and fix sct?

Any luck with a combat log fix yet? or witchhunt?

Also experiencing the same thing i have seen others post about... after updating everything my UI is using around 95megs of ram...
SCT may/maynot mazzify properly right now. I could use a brave soul to test it out for me. If you're up to it, backup your WTF folder then try to mazzify just SCL. If it works, great. If not, restore your WTF folder. Either way, let us know the results.

combat log fix: OP has details. Upshot is CombatFilter and don't mazzify SCL if you remove it. Leaving SCL in place won't hurt anything either...

WitchHunt: same... check out the OP... upshot is the errors are caused by the changes made to WitchHunt in the preloader.
04-07-08, 02:36 PM   #350
zeatful
A Kobold Labourer
I have applied the fixes suggested by Aethenelle but I was wondering if I should be able to compete the mazzifier, by getting the second mazzify button at the final step, after applying them?

I recently decided to just scrap my UI and do a full re-install of mazzle but now I'm unable to mazzify or even get a usable UI after using the mazzifier.
I only seemed to get one error after applying the fixes and it was claiming:
"cannot find CVar "statusBarText."
I would just link the bugsack error but I have already deleted mazzle and I'm just using a supplement UI until I can get mazzle back up and running.

Did I miss a fix, maybe just do it wrong, or is it normal to not still be able to mazzify?

RE:
Before I decided to scrap my UI sct was screwed up for me so I just deleted it and grabbed Mick's combat text. I wouldn't suggest trying to remazzify at this point as you might not be able to get your UI back to normal after you try, if it is just bothering the heck out of you just use a supplement combat text addon. Even after backing up my WTF folder I was unable to get my UI back.

Last edited by zeatful : 04-07-08 at 02:46 PM.
04-07-08, 03:08 PM   #351
Bdro
A Cyclonian
I got this earlier today, didn't seem to cause any problems but still notified me in Bugsack.
04-07-08, 03:41 PM   #352
blizzz
A Defias Bandit
=) im Upgrade all addons, and my MazzleUI crushed =) 20 problem error and sound Fatality =)
04-07-08, 04:02 PM   #353
Vaalcan
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by neoaj View Post
Not really sure if this is related to Mazzle or not, but my system locks up when using the portal going to the new area, and teleporting out of the area.

Also if I idle out I can not log in my toon. Everything loads then I get kicked out until I disable the addons and then everything is fine. Unfortantly I am not seeing any errors to post to help sort this out.

As to how I get in and out, If I fly from Iron Forge to the new area everything is fine, and if I fly out everything is fine.
I had this lock up problem after 2.4 and I think I traced it to the add on Gatherer. There's a thread on the Gatherer forum discussing this.

http://forums.norganna.org/discussio...-shatt/#Item_0

I updated to Gatherer 3.1.1 and haven't had the problem since.

http://gathereraddon.com/

If you use Gatherer it might be worth a try....
04-07-08, 05:43 PM   #354
the_comedian
A Kobold Labourer
cfilter / witchhunt settings?

Modded all the mods, updated all the updates, reset all the settings. Everything is working peachy, tyvm.

Stupid question: Does anyone know the "proper" settings to manually configure cfilter and / or witchhunt to replicate the way that mazzle / 2.3 *used* to work?

It looks to me like the best way is to disable witchhunt (as it doesn't provide much info in combat now), and set cfilter for incoming (to me) to chat 6 and outgoing (from me) to chat 7.

Even then, I get an amazingly, spammingly, unreadabley amount of text pouring into chat 6 and 7 during combat.

Anyone got a good batch of settings for cfilter to as-close-as-possibly replicate the old 2.3 settings?

Last edited by the_comedian : 04-07-08 at 06:38 PM.
04-08-08, 03:58 AM   #355
Nibz
A Murloc Raider
Lost in the bugfiz thread

I get lost in this thread
So many posts...

I dont know why I cant mazzify and there doesnt seem any errorreport,
just dont get the second button.

At least my main has a functional UI, but my alts I cannot play with since 2.4.

When will the updated Mazzleui be ready?
04-08-08, 07:10 AM   #356
joypunk
A Scalebane Royal Guard
Originally Posted by Nibz View Post
I get lost in this thread
So many posts...

I dont know why I cant mazzify and there doesnt seem any errorreport,
just dont get the second button.

At least my main has a functional UI, but my alts I cannot play with since 2.4.

When will the updated Mazzleui be ready?

Read the first post. Aethenelle has updated all the findings in this thread in the very first post.
04-08-08, 08:40 AM   #357
curricurritribe
A Defias Bandit
my combat log was doing fine yesterday, but now today its all screwy and it wont display any of the tabs on either side except the general and the private one. how do i fix that, and if you guys already talked about this im sorry in advance lol
04-08-08, 08:44 AM   #358
Tokugawa
A Fallenroot Satyr
I have updated so much. I am not sure what has broken it.

My Combo Points are no longer showing up on side of the HUD.

I can add combo points in DUF, but it is not the same. Any idea what add-on between mazzle and detards add-on pack gave the combo points so I can enable them again.

Also the only other thing I have noticed is that after mazzlify

Aloft seems to lock on, I have to disable the addon to get regular nametags back.

I installed combat filter, but I can't find any documentation for creating rules to display to the 6th and 7th window, can someone point me to some documentation or give an example of how to configure it.

Also the one thing I haven't like about Mazzle, but yet I haven't looked into fixing in the context menu.. everytime I click on an item it closes. I have to reopen it to be able to click anything again.

So i started using LunarSphere instead.
http://moongazeaddons.proboards79.co...lay&thread=247

I appreciate all the hard work you are putting into fixing this. If there is any testing I can do for you let me know.

Thanks in advance for the answers.
04-08-08, 09:24 AM   #359
tronage
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Tokugawa View Post
Also the one thing I haven't like about Mazzle, but yet I haven't looked into fixing in the context menu.. everytime I click on an item it closes. I have to reopen it to be able to click anything again.
I know this is not 2.4 related, and is covered very clearly in the FAQ, however directly from the FAQ, since it took only 1 second to find, maybe check there first...
There are several options you can use to configure your context menu. These options include whether the context menu auto-hides after you use something in it, whether the context menu moves to your mouse location, and whether the UI will automatically hide the context menu when you first log in. These can all be accessed under the 'MazzleUI General Settings' category of MazzleOptions.
04-08-08, 09:35 AM   #360
Tokugawa
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by tronage View Post
I know this is not 2.4 related, and is covered very clearly in the FAQ, however directly from the FAQ, since it took only 1 second to find, maybe check there first...
Sorry wasn't trying to say it was a problem with 2.4.. And I clearly stated I never looked into it.. I was just pointing out another program that I liked a little better that others may find interesting.

The main problems I want to fix is cfilter or at least figure out how to configure it. The rest I have been able to fix through this thread.

I found the combo point problem. I enabled the add on.

Last edited by Tokugawa : 04-08-08 at 10:13 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Patch 2.4 bugfix thread