01-05-06, 12:05 AM   #1
Saxxon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

1.9 DUF Problems

Recently started using this mod (Blizzard should hire you IMO, several light years ahead).

I am however unable to move the self, party, target etc windows properly. When I do, they snap back to some random spot close to origin, or worse, vanish off the UI. Can't seem to find why. Suspect its a 1.9 related issue (Hey, they screwed Paladins, UI Mods, the pooch, why not this as well?).

This next part likely isn't with this mod, but you may know of a solution or incorporate one. Most of the character screen, guild list etc menus are now postage stamps. I understand they changed how scaling works, but my eyesight gets worse with age, not better. Woiuld be great if DUF allowed you to scale & move those menus as well & stuff like the mini-map (had one that did that, but, see above about the dog...).
01-05-06, 12:12 AM   #2
Lozareth
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Part 1) Install DUF 2.351. Fixes that exact issue.

Part 2) See the new mod Discord Frame Modifier.
01-05-06, 12:18 AM   #3
Saxxon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Yeah I see that, thanks man, you rock!

Hand't found the updated mods when it was posted.

Double the "you should have someone's job" vote.
01-05-06, 09:28 AM   #4
Snaxo
A Kobold Labourer
Same problem as original poster

I have exactly the same problem as the original poster, and this is subsequent to downloading and installing 2.351

Bascially, if I choose to unlock frames and them move, for example, the self or target frames, as soon as I release the mouse button they dissappear off the screen (if I move them only a short way). If I move them a longer way down the screen then when i release the mouse they jump up the screen to a new position by what seems to be a linear amount.

The only way I can get them back if they've disappeared off the screen is to delete the DUF lua in the saved variables folder in the WTF directory tree.

I only need to move them a small amount because at the moment the top of the self and target frames slightly overlaps the Titan panel at the top of the screen (which is irritating if not majorly important!)

Any ideas?

Thx in advance,

Snaxo
01-05-06, 09:44 AM   #5
Ancalogon
A Kobold Labourer
Resizing

I'm having some weird issues with resizing, 1.9 and DUF 2.351 myself.

I have my UI scale set to 0.75. After patch all my DUFs are a bit tinier than I like them, so I downloaded DUF 2.351 and went to change scale. Now, setting the DUF scale from 100 to 133 brings my DUFs to the same size I used pre-1.9 and that lasts UNTIL I close the DUF options window, when a SECOND resize seems to instantly be applied to ALL text boxes, sending them beyond frame boundaries and making everything look misplaced.

It happens only to the text boxes (not the bars or other elements), but it totally screws frame layout.

Last edited by Ancalogon : 01-05-06 at 10:12 AM.
01-05-06, 11:58 AM   #6
guice
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Yeah, options are not getting saved for me in DART either. As soon as I switch to a different texture, the previous setting changes get reverted.
01-05-06, 03:16 PM   #7
Sent
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Ancalogon
I'm having some weird issues with resizing, 1.9 and DUF 2.351 myself.

I have my UI scale set to 0.75. After patch all my DUFs are a bit tinier than I like them, so I downloaded DUF 2.351 and went to change scale. Now, setting the DUF scale from 100 to 133 brings my DUFs to the same size I used pre-1.9 and that lasts UNTIL I close the DUF options window, when a SECOND resize seems to instantly be applied to ALL text boxes, sending them beyond frame boundaries and making everything look misplaced.

It happens only to the text boxes (not the bars or other elements), but it totally screws frame layout.
Same issure I have
01-05-06, 03:51 PM   #8
Minny
A Defias Bandit
I have the same problem as well.

You all talk about having downloaded latest version. Where is this version? I can't even pull up the website anymore.

Minny
01-05-06, 05:17 PM   #9
Rags
A Cyclonian

it's just a hop skip and jump away.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4177

Lozareth has been pushing his updates to all the major sites since his own site is down.

"I had a stick of Carefree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality." - Mitch Hedberg
01-05-06, 10:59 PM   #10
Sent
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Is there ANY fix to the text frame issue, I cannot scale my DUF until there is!!!
01-06-06, 08:30 AM   #11
Lozareth
An Onyxian Warder

Change these two lines in DUF_Initialization.lua in the DUF_Initialize_TextBox function:

frame:SetScale(DUF_Settings[DUF_INDEX][DUF_FRAME_DATA[unit].index].scale + .1);
frame:SetScale(DUF_Settings[DUF_INDEX][DUF_FRAME_DATA[unit].index].scale);

To this:

frame:SetScale(2);
frame:SetScale(1);
01-09-06, 04:52 PM   #12
dulcenea
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Sent
Same issure I have
I also have this same issue. Just downloaded and installed the latest version but the bug persists. Seems to affect pretty much all frames for me: self, target, target's target, group, group's pets, and pet.

When they snap out of position, it's always by the same set distance (about an inch on my screen) straight up from the desired location.

EDIT: Just noticed the above suggested fix. Will try that and see if it helps.

EDIT 2: OK, OK, I know I'm a nub when it comes to this stuff... Tried to go and modify the file as suggested above but my computer isn't recognizing the file extension, so either I'm not trying to mod the right file, or I need to know what to use to open the .lua file type, or both of the above.

Last edited by dulcenea : 01-09-06 at 05:09 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » 1.9 DUF Problems