01-05-06, 07:43 PM   #1
shanral
A Kobold Labourer
error in DiscordLib_Main.lua

Hi,

im using the new 3.0 DAB 1.22 Dart and DUF 2_351. Im getting a UI Error in the DiscordLib_Main.lua:216: bad argument #2 to `find' (string expected, got nil).

as im playing druid. i experienced that this error first occurs in humanoid form, and is staying on top of ui, e.g unplayable. while in cat or bear i can just "click it away"... tho it remains and comes on top again once u shift into humanoid.

as its in library i cant say which mod exactly causes this error.

thx for help.

greetz
shanral
01-05-06, 10:03 PM   #2
Rags
A Cyclonian

won't fix the library problem, I've had one as well, but failed to copy the error in time, was different. It was talking about an overflow with my error...

anyway, if you're getting a bunch of errors, install ImprovedErrorFrame

It's not up to date, but it still works. It sends the error message to chat, once. All others are collected into a list that it keeps. You can even copy/paste the error from the little interface it has. Most importantly, no more annoying pop up errors.

"I had a stick of Carefree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality." - Mitch Hedberg
01-06-06, 03:57 PM   #3
dschur
A Kobold Labourer
Same error here. It is definitley DAB 3.0.

It is somehow related to Floating Buttons and the control scripts. I was working fine, and even had a couple of floaters. When I added the 3rd one, it had all sorts of conditions with no parameters on the Button Control tab.

I immediately got the error posted above. I tried deleting the null conditions, and eventually all of the floaters, but the error is stuck there every time I log onto this toon. I disabled DAB from add-ons, and the error goes away, enable it and it is back. I did try quitting and restarting, no help.

edit: I reloaded the default profile for the toon in question and the error is gone

Last edited by dschur : 01-06-06 at 05:34 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » error in DiscordLib_Main.lua