01-05-06, 10:20 PM   #1
desen
A Defias Bandit
DAB 3.0 - Bar Options not loading

I recently switched to DAB 3.0, and I can't seem to get things working. I can access the DAB window by entering /dab, but then I start to have troubles. Nothing shows up in the Object Options tab, so I can't select any bars. I can however, access the other option areas, (Button Layout, Keybindings, OnEvent Scripts, Main Menu Bar, etc.)

When I try to select a bar by clicking where I would expect it to be, (although I can't see it,) I get this error:

Interface\Addons\DiscordActionBarsOptions\DAB_Options.lus:1647: attempt to compare number with nil

This error comes up everytime I try to select a bar under the Object Options tab.

I also get another error every 30 seconds or so, for as long as I'm logged in:

Interface\FrameXML\Cooldown.lua:3: attempt to compare number with nil

This error goes away when I disable DAB at the character selection screen, so I suspect it's related.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks for creating and maintaining these mods Loz. They have made my WoW experience far more rewarding. Keep it up!
01-05-06, 10:40 PM   #2
desen
A Defias Bandit
Upon disabling the new version of SuperMacro, DAB 3.0 works as intended. Guess they don't like each other very much

So to anyone seeing the same problem I had, you probably have SuperMacro installed and enabled. Disable it and DAB will start working.
01-06-06, 10:46 AM   #3
Magjua
A Defias Bandit
I am getting this as well, and I have never had SuperMacro installed.

When I reinstalled the updated Discord mods I deleted the old folders first. Should I have erased the WTF and WDB folders as well?

It was going great at first, had all my bars in place etc. Then clicked to add another button to a bar and the whole thing dissapeared on me, relogged then I couldn't see the buttons but I could see a small white square at the top left of every bars position.... Also, one button seemed to have split itself off to a floater all on its own....

Thanks guys! I am loving 3.0 already despite the setback

Found anothers post outlining my problems better than I did:

DAB will randomly not load, all that's there is the empty exp bar frame that usually disappears when DAB loads it's buttons. (I used MoveAnything to hide the exp bar itself) Also whenever this happens, I go to the menu via "/dab" and none of the top section menus can be accessed (The ones to configure each bar), whenever you click each one it just highlights where the text is supposed to be and doesn't un-highlight when you click another one, so you can basically have all the top section menus "selected", but nothing shows up for you to configure.

Any help would be appreciated by anyone who may have beat this problem I am logged out at MC and will have 5 mins once I log in tonight to have a working UI before we begin
Thanks!

Last edited by Magjua : 01-06-06 at 02:12 PM.
01-06-06, 03:14 PM   #4
SDime
A Defias Bandit
I am having the same problem except that I get an error on login that reads ".../DiscordActionBar/DAB_Actionbutton.lua:778:attempt to index a nil value". I also get the same error messages as the original poster.

This all seems strange as this is the first time I've used Discord (loving what I've seen btw), and it worked fine from Wednesday (original DL day) until today. Infact, I logged in earlier today and everything was working fine, then I logged out for about 20 minutes and when I logged back in I received the error message above. A list of the mods I'm running is available on request.

Thanks for any help given,
SDime

Edit: I don't have SuperMacro either.

Last edited by SDime : 01-06-06 at 03:25 PM.
01-06-06, 04:36 PM   #5
Trubadur
A Defias Bandit
Hi,

I also managed to break DAB totally. Not sure how I did it, but now it doesn't even load up text on the main menu, and my settings are all gone.

Picture of Broken Dab

What I did to break it, I think, was that I had assigned all the slots except three. Then I made three floaters, but none of them appeared. I was adding and removing the floaters to figure out where they had gone, but couldn't find them, so I removed all the floaters all together.

Then when I changed stance (which changes my pages) some buttons were suddenly missing in the middle of a toolbar.

I logged out, logged in and the result is the DAB without any of the bar buttons available. The other options work fine though.

-Trubadur

EDIT #1: I don't have SuperMacro either.

EDIT #2: I got an error message that popped up about indexing a nil value, but forgot to screenshot it.

EDIT #3: I logged in my other character, and the setup that broke DAB is working fine there. I have the exact same setup on him (it appears).

EDIT #4: I logged the other character in again, still got a problem. DAB throws this when I log him back in:

Code:
DAB_ActionButton.lua:778: attempt to index a nil value.
EDIT #5:
Selecting any Bar in the bar options throws:
Code:
DiscordLib_Main.lua:764: attempt to call a nil value.
Trying to load a profile (no profile shows, just when I click the dropdown box) throws:
Code:
DiscordLib_Main.lua:521: attempt to call field 'value' (a nil value)
AND (I think this caused it)
Code:
DAB_Options.lua:1647: attempt to compare nil with number
EDIT #6:
A single floating button in the middle of the screen with '120' inside it is the only trace of DAB. It shows 120 when I tell the DAB GUI to show numbers.

Edit #7:
I fixed it for myself by:
#1 Logging in my main char (where it worked)
#2 Create a new profile,
#3 Edit the DiscordActionBars.lua in savedvariables and delete every setting for the broken char
#4 Log in the broken char which now didn't throw any errors from DAB
#5 Load the other profile
#6 Tada, works :-)

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Trubadur : 01-06-06 at 05:07 PM.
01-06-06, 05:09 PM   #6
Magjua
A Defias Bandit
Give this man a cigar! Thats it exactly. Any help guys?

As a side note, I find it funny that help pleas in the help section go unnoticed but in all the nonhelp areas questions are ridiculed, told to post here, then answered in the same offending thread! Just an observation
01-06-06, 06:14 PM   #7
Fallos
A Defias Bandit
I cant get /DAB or /DART to work at all.
typing /DAB results in: "Type '/help' for a list of a few commands"
on the character selection screen when i press the "Addons" button i see this:
Discord Action Bars v3.0 *OUT OF DATE*
Discord Art
Discord Art Options *OUT OF DATE*
Discord Library
Discord Unit Frames
Discord Unit Frames Opt...
MoveAnything!
Onebag
Scrolling Combat Text v...
Telo's SelfCast

Heres the thing... I downloaded the newest versions of all these mods... (all updated for 1.9) and the discord mods were downloaded here at wowinterface... why are they out of date?

oh and each of the mods: Discord Art, Discord Unit Frames, and Discord Action Bars
have the folder "Discord Library" in them.... but the Discord library is *Out of Date* unless you use the one from Discord Unit Frames.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » DAB 3.0 - Bar Options not loading