01-06-06, 10:38 PM   #1
strexon
A Murloc Raider
Smile 'target' nil value error message

Hello,
apologize if I missed a help topic somewhere else on this, have been looking around for one and will continue to do so.

I am getting a DUF_initialization.lua:61:attempt to index field 'target' (a nil value) error message.
I deleted all addons. Reloaded WoW fine. Then quit out and imported all the new updated Discord addon folders, and am still getting the same message. I think it may somehow, someway, be related to a setting from the previous version, in which I used

/script DUF_Settings[DUF_INDEX]={}; DL_Copy_Table(DUF_CUSTOM_SETTINGS, DUF_Settings[DUF_INDEX]); ReloadUI();
(a workaround from Loz at discordmods.com)
that fixed a problem I was having with the previous version.
If anyone has any info, would be greatly appreciated. Loz if you read this THANK YOU for this wonderful mod, and I can't wait till the traffic returns to normal so can visit your site again. I'd love to contribute in some way, shape, or form, as a small token of my appreciation.
01-06-06, 11:03 PM   #2
strexon
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up part deux

Have tried several times now, deleting everything in the addons folder, reextracting the new Discord mods and placing them in the addons folder, relaunching WoW, and get the same error message. Is there information being stored somewhere else that I need to reload?
After deleting all addons and launching the clean standard WoW(no errors), I've tried the /console reloadui, then quitting all the way out and reimporting the new Discord folders, and somehow still get the same nil value message. I apologize if I somehow did this myself or caused this problem, sometimes a "little" bit of knowledge can be a dangerous thing.
01-06-06, 11:31 PM   #3
strexon
A Murloc Raider
when I open the DUF v2.351, initially there is no "current profile" loaded, and no choices to load on the drop down menu.
However when I create a new profile, I get the text message New profile created for Discord Unit Frames. And it displays the new profile as my current profile. When I go to the drop down to load a profile, it has some names of settings that I had saved from the previous version of DUF that I had.
01-06-06, 11:42 PM   #4
strexon
A Murloc Raider
01-07-06, 01:07 AM   #5
strexon
A Murloc Raider
I've tried deleting all addons and loading 2.351, 2.35, 2.3, 2.2 and I get the same error message. With each version I am able to /duf and bring up the interface and it has the correct v2.351 etc etc number each time.

think this has me beat. anyone have any ideas?
01-07-06, 04:55 AM   #6
strexon
A Murloc Raider
DELETED MY WTF FOLDER IN WORLD OF WARCRAFT AND FIXED MY PROBLEM

THROWS MONITOR AGAINST THE WALL REPEATEDLY

why didn't i think of this earlier...

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » 'target' nil value error message