10-12-05, 02:58 PM   #1
ThornyJohn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Possessions Mod and 1.8 Patch

I've been using and greatly enjoying the Possessions mod by Oystein, who unfortunately does not seem to have been seen nor heard from around these parts since late June. After the 1.8 patch, the mod throws out the following error message at startup:

Invalid Money Type: AUCTION

Has anyone gotten this same error and, barring the reappearance of the mod author with an update, does anyone know how to fix it?
10-12-05, 08:57 PM   #2
SpecR1
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by ThornyJohn
I've been using and greatly enjoying the Possessions mod by Oystein, who unfortunately does not seem to have been seen nor heard from around these parts since late June. After the 1.8 patch, the mod throws out the following error message at startup:

Invalid Money Type: AUCTION

Has anyone gotten this same error and, barring the reappearance of the mod author with an update, does anyone know how to fix it?
ya i get the same msg too
i hope the author updates possessions
10-12-05, 09:28 PM   #3
DSanai
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm using Possessions without trouble.

Most likely your issue is related to the new on-demand loading.

You can try running BlizLoadAll until the author (or someone else) can update the mod to relate to the auction information properly.

Alternatively, you could add an # OptionalDeps: Blizzard_AuctionUI
to Possessions' TOC file.
10-13-05, 12:23 AM   #4
Kudane
Co-Founder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I have updated this mod. I removed the call that was giving the error as it appears to be un-needed and was marked hidden anyway.

You can find it in the download section. Version 1.4 now
10-13-05, 12:56 AM   #5
SpecR1
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Kudane
I have updated this mod. I removed the call that was giving the error as it appears to be un-needed and was marked hidden anyway.

You can find it in the download section. Version 1.4 now
thanks! i love this mod
01-07-06, 11:56 PM   #6
Immoliate
A Kobold Labourer
I've managed to come up with a fix for Possessions 1.4 so that the big blurry scroll bar texture behaves properly. See the mod's comments for details on how to make the appropriate changes.

If anyone is planning to take up Possessions, it would be great if the items list included all bags in use on each character and in their banks, maybe with a "storage" option on the bank/character/mailbox dropdown menu. Why? Well it would be extremely useful for seeing if any characters need better bags. Just a thought anyway.

Last edited by Immoliate : 01-08-06 at 03:17 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Possessions Mod and 1.8 Patch