02-03-14, 09:02 AM   #21
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I am on a "WOW break" so I can't say if it's still working for me or not, but I still check these forums occasionally...

For those of you mentioning your donations.. This thread is not about your donations.. You didn't have to give any of your cash, you choose to do so.
Please take your self entitled opinions elsewhere..

As to Rythal not directly answering this thread.. Just think about this.. Would you want to answer this bile inducing thread??? All I have seen is moan moan moan and FIX IT NAOW!

I actually think Rythal has added Kreelor to his Ignore list and I wouldn't blame him for doing so.. All he has done recently is complain about stupid stuff that Carb does not/does do that he does not like AND FIX IT NAOW!
That would explain why you have not had a direct answer Kreelor.
The fact that he posted here kinda proves this addon is not dead. Yet people like to assume.....

I'm out.. peace..

P.S. I'm gonna go get the popcorn for the expected replies for this post.. but guess what..? I'm not gonna reply cos it'll only wind you up further...

Last edited by JimJoBlue : 02-03-14 at 09:07 AM.

02-03-14, 10:25 AM   #22
WallyWest
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Rythal, thanks for all your work. I don't care if you've been AWOL for a while, you're the only reason the addon is even remotely functional right now.

That said I currently only use the core module for the map function. The rest seems broken, and I'm using 5.40 a2. Questing especially. The popup quests that Blizz so loves to use in MOP don't work. When I had the full Carbonite loaded those quests didn't appear at all. I'd have to disable it, log back in, and then they'd pop up. Even more annoying there are some quests you pick up normally but they complete through a popup. I would wander around thinking I missed something because the quest didn't complete and there was nowhere to turn it in. And quest tracking on the map doesn't work either. From what I remember of the original Carbonite if it didn't have any specific info on a certain quest it would just pass through whatever location that Blizz specified for it. It doesn't even do that any more.

I don't quest a great deal any more since I've got 5 90's and haven't leveled alts in a while, so meh. Just saying, it's still kinda broke in that regard. I have some background in programming, and have worked on quest guides for Cata and MOP. I'll just throw my hat in the ring as someone who would volunteer to help work on the quest module when the next expansion hits.

Again, thanks for all your work and don't sweat the haters.

02-03-14, 03:35 PM   #23
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
I have said many times that the addon is not dead, in several posts. I have been clear on the fact I have not been working on it, but it is not abandoned. If people want to think it's abandoned, they can be my guest and find a new map addon.

If someone wants to take it over and start working on it they can be my guest.

As for not replying, One gets tired of replying to threads stating doom and gloom and oh it's abandoned or dead. I replied to the things that were relevant, and I have been forthcoming in several posts/threads why I stopped working on it, and that it's not abandoned, I will get back to it.

02-03-14, 03:38 PM   #24
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
Quest stuff
It's the lack of a database for the 86-90 stuff that causes it, tho you shouldn't need to disable Carb if/when it happens. Pressing alt-l brings up blizzards quest log so you can turn in.

I've looked at a way to create / populate a database several ways, just to have the base quest info without the map pointers so it would work, but the only surefire way I've found is manually doing it... and the number of quests to be added, it's way more then a one person thing.

02-03-14, 07:51 PM   #25
Freezer64
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by JimJoBlue View Post
I am on a "WOW break" so I can't say if it's still working for me or not, but I still check these forums occasionally...

For those of you mentioning your donations.. This thread is not about your donations.. You didn't have to give any of your cash, you choose to do so.
Please take your self entitled opinions elsewhere..

As to Rythal not directly answering this thread.. Just think about this.. Would you want to answer this bile inducing thread??? All I have seen is moan moan moan and FIX IT NAOW!

I actually think Rythal has added Kreelor to his Ignore list and I wouldn't blame him for doing so.. All he has done recently is complain about stupid stuff that Carb does not/does do that he does not like AND FIX IT NAOW!
That would explain why you have not had a direct answer Kreelor.
The fact that he posted here kinda proves this addon is not dead. Yet people like to assume.....

I'm out.. peace..

P.S. I'm gonna go get the popcorn for the expected replies for this post.. but guess what..? I'm not gonna reply cos it'll only wind you up further...
Absolutely no one on here demanded anything from him but a response. I see no one at all demanding anything to be fixed, we jsut wanted to know if he WAS going to fix it. You should go and demand proof your teachers had any degrees, especially your reading and maybe English teachers. Some peoples kids.

02-03-14, 07:57 PM   #26
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
I think this particular thread has gone on long enough, especially since your forgot to follow the rule (as reminded by Seerah): play nice

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Is this addon now dead?